Shark Week Oceangotchi Hatch!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inmyroomreb

Reaction score
nickkannel suggested that in honor of Shark Week Oceangotchi should be hatched.

Hatch starts tomorrow, August 1, 2011 (it's a little late to start today).

Keep 'em going until they die!

Pictures are optional.

Please post everyday.

I'll be hatching mine and posting pictures.

So you guys should totally join! ;D

I will join you! (I don't have cable so I can't watch shark week, but oh well :p ) I just bought new batteries for my tama ocean, but I was going to hatch him Monday morning after I do a review of something else for my youtube LOL. I will post up pics and things for you too since I'll be using my camera then anyway :)

He has not be hatched yet, but I believe I will call him Hecktor! *cradles little eggy*

-Purn

I wish I could join. As it was my idea. But I don't have an ocean. Which sucks, because I am pretty sure I did when I was little. I did see an umino on ebay for like $20 but it was bid and lasted another week so I am watching it but I don't know how hight it will get. Plus Shark Week will be over by then. Darn. Hope y'all have fun. I will be watching closely.

I wish I could join. As it was my idea. But I don't have an ocean. Which sucks, because I am pretty sure I did when I was little. I did see an umino on ebay for like $20 but it was bid and lasted another week so I am watching it but I don't know how hight it will get. Plus Shark Week will be over by then. Darn. Hope y'all have fun. I will be watching closely.

I hope you win it! They are fun, but super hard to take care of!

DSCF3115.jpg

Hecktor was hatched this morning at 9:45 and became a wonderful planktontchi at 9:50.

DSCF3117.jpg

He was ravenously hungry and had lots of Oden to eat. We played the *shudder* chest game for a while and thankfully Hecktor seemed pretty happy about it.

DSCF3118.jpg

DSCF3121.jpg

Hecktor spent some time with his uncle Marcus (my p2 with Zatchi). Even Pudding (my cat) lent a paw in babysitting. :p I read my manga while checking up on him every few seconds. He got sick out the blue and it took 7 doses of meds to cure him. o_O; But he survived and turned into a kuragetchi :)

DSCF3122.jpg

-Purn

I will join you! (I don't have cable so I can't watch shark week, but oh well :p ) I just bought new batteries for my tama ocean, but I was going to hatch him Monday morning after I do a review of something else for my youtube LOL. I will post up pics and things for you too since I'll be using my camera then anyway :)

He has not be hatched yet, but I believe I will call him Hecktor! *cradles little eggy*

-Purn
crap. I don't have one. How much for an umino?

This my first vintage tamagotchi that I've hatched. I actually didn't hatch it till like 11:30pm because I'm an adult and I do what I want. 8]

So I started it up, screwed up one of the screws (go me, starting off golden already), and this is what happened...

OceanRound1.jpg

Round 1, fail. I don't know what that Japanese jibba jabba means so I changed the batteries...

OceanRound2.jpg

Round 2, epic fail. So a second pair of batteries was not the answer...

OceanRound3.jpg

Round 3, win! Finally, no more jibba jabba. :]

I'm aiming for the mermaid, Ningyotchi. Wish me luck! ;D

OceanRound1.jpg

Round 1, fail. I don't know what that Japanese jibba jabba means so I changed the batteries...

Round 2, epic fail. So a second pair of batteries was not the answer...

Actually - Yes that is exactly what the Japanese on the screen means. It is "Denchi" (I read a little) It means "battery." So you have the right thought track :D

I LOVE the red color shell by the way!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 Love Love Love it!!!

Hecktor and I have had a pretty reasonable day so far. He's been chased by the terrorizing polar bear once, but I hit the discipline button and then shook the tama shell around (tapping mine just doesn't do the trick, but if I shake it gently it works so whatever :p ) He's been floating peacefully up and down while sitting on his kaeru (frog) coin purse, which is soft and I have used to carry him around in. He has been a sickly one though. I haven't fed him a single snack, but he still ends up sick out of the blue. I will have to keep a close eye on him.... hmmmmmmm.

DSCF3122.jpg

crap. I don't have one. How much for an umino?
Zzgs, please don't clutter up hatches with questions like this sort. I will answer for you though since I had to make a post anyway. Umi no Tamagotchi (or American Tamagotchi Ocean) can cost anywhere from about $60 to $100 or more if it's an American one. And cause this will probably be your next question, I got mine from Ebay and I'm sure a lot of other people did too - You cannot commercially buy them anymore since they were made back in 1997 or 1998. There maybe someone who will sell one on here in sales on tbay, but they will more than likely still ask for that price amount because they are rare and the American ones even more so.

-Purn

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOVE the red color shell by the way!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 Love Love Love it!!!
Thanks! I won it off eBay about a month ago for about $50 - $60.

I'm assuming yours is the American version?

Anyways, my baby didn't do much today. I watched him religiously and he got sick a couple of times. One of those times he needed that 7 hits of meds to get better.

A polar bear started sneakin', maybe twice. I just pressed buttons because I wasn't sure what else to do. It seemed to work.

I had to pause him about 4pm so I could work. Hes passed out now.

Thanks! I won it off eBay about a month ago for about $50 - $60.

I'm assuming yours is the American version?

Anyways, my baby didn't do much today. I watched him religiously and he got sick a couple of times. One of those times he needed that 7 hits of meds to get better.

A polar bear started sneakin', maybe twice. I just pressed buttons because I wasn't sure what else to do. It seemed to work.

I had to pause him about 4pm so I could work. Hes passed out now.

Mine conked out now too lol. Mine is actually a Japanese one as well - hence why I know the "Denchi" issue hahaha. Also - I hate hate hate hate hate the octopus.... as if the treasure game wasn't hard enough lol.

Mine conked out now too lol. Mine is actually a Japanese one as well - hence why I know the "Denchi" issue hahaha. Also - I hate hate hate hate hate the octopus.... as if the treasure game wasn't hard enough lol.
I seriously just played the treasure chest game for like 20 minutes, got the octopus 3 times, then gave up and stuffed my babies face.

I'm such a loving mother. :]

I seriously just played the treasure chest game for like 20 minutes, got the octopus 3 times, then gave up and stuffed my babies face.

I'm such a loving mother. :]

OMG I HATE THE OCTOPUS!!! I think the person who created the tamagotchi ocean maybe had fish at some point in his life that kept on dying and he has had a hatred for them ever since - and when he was employed at Bandai and asked to create the programming he figured he would ruin every ones day too. What a jerk to invent that crappy OCTOPUS!

I'm trying really extremely hard to not feed Hecktor sweets at this point in his life. Which really makes me sad lol cause I hate that treasure game..... so much....

-Purn

I let it go for about 10 minutes and I heard beeping I'd never heard before. Upon checking it out I saw that it was sick. When I tried to go to the medicine nothing happened. And within minutes it died a very loud death in my hands (while I was at work, mind you).

DSCN4276.jpg

I'm pretty devastated. :[

I let it go for about 10 minutes and I heard beeping I'd never heard before. Upon checking it out I saw that it was sick. When I tried to go to the medicine nothing happened. And within minutes it died a very loud death in my hands (while I was at work, mind you).

DSCN4276.jpg

Mine is still kickin, but yeah - that sometimes happens. I think its when the polar bear attacks it and you can't stop it in time - if ANY of you heart levels are completely empty it will die. :< it's a slow sad death where there is nothing you can do but watch and listen to you tama die.

I'm sorry for you loss. Honestly though, I have yet to get an adult character, so I'm hoping that Hecktor can make it! (in one weekend, it died cause of the polar bear thing on me, then my husband was "watching" it and it died, then the batteries died on me.... all in one weekend lol)

Man, that blows.

I just wish it would've told me it was sick. :[

This is why they are the hardest tama to take care of in history lol.

So at 4:00pm on the dot - Hecktor got attacked by a polar bear and I scared it off and immediately after he starts to beep and play a little tune then!!!!!

DSCF3126.jpg

Hecktor turned into Otototchi (which I have a REALLY hard time saying lol) He seems happy and swims across the screen. His discipline reset a little - I had it completely full when he was still Kuragetchi, but it dropped like half way when he mutated. :p

So he is three today and also when he changed he put on a little weight lol He only used to be about 8g, now he's 15!

DSCF3128.jpg

This is the first time I've passed Kuragetchi so I'm pretty excited! I want to see if I can get him to live to be an adult!

-Purn

OMIGOSH, I forgot to post yesterday :< *slaps wrists* shame!!!

I was actually just super busy with making dinner and shopping for food lastnight lol

Hecktor came with me on my outing to the store though :) BUT I held onto him SOOOOOO tightly. I have a bad streak of losing items at this particular food store... not sure why.... but even when I go back and ask at lost and found they don't have it... :<

But Hecktor and I made it through without a hitch! He's still a happy Otototchi, swimming around. It's funny when he poos that the poop follows his tail LOL. Same goes for the sick skull. But really, I'm so glad he's moved to the next stage in his life cause really he doesn't need attention like ever 10-12 minutes anymore. HECK - I can write blog posts in peace!!! He does stay up later though - till about 10 or so. And actually the *sun* over the tamagotchi ocean sets before then, so I have to turn the lights back on after about 7pm LOL.

I hope he makes it through to the adult stage! I will keep you posted!

-Purn

The shark week hatch is over and so is Hecktor. For seemingly no reason he just keeled over just now.

Poor Hector you will be missed.

-Purn

DSCN4276.jpg

Once that happened to my v4, I was playing a game then it let out a piercing screech and died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back