Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acegirl928

Reaction score
Welcome to Hogwarts!

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July, 31.

Hogwarts, as you all know, is a school for magically gifted students who train and study to become powerful witches and wizards. There are four houses; Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Huffelpuff, and Slytherin. You will be placed in one of these houses by the sorting hat (but you'll be deciding what the hat chose for you in your bio).

20 years have passed since the famous Chosen One, Harry Potter, fought and vanquished Lord Voldemort. Peace has since been restored in the realm of magic. No one has seen or heard of any Death Eaters for almost two decades, until now. Some say they are only rumors, and others are convinced that another evil wizard is rising to take the place of The Dark Lord himself. It is up to you, student of Hogwarts, to find out the truth. It will be dangerous, but the fate of the realm rests with you. Godspeed and farewell...

Alright. Time for the my rules and expectations. I want literacy. You don't have to write a novel for every post. But I'm going to say a 3 sentence limit, nothing less. Also, I will accepting the forms. I want good descriptions and well thought out character bios, in full sentences. I will not accept links, anime, other images, or "will post later"s. If you would like to include a picture along with your description, sure. Other basic rules apply; no god-modding, mary sue's... you all should be familiar with all that by now so I won't waste my time reminding you. Be mature, and be creative. Have fun!

Oh, and one last thing about the character forms. I do not want to see the last names Potter, Weasley, Granger, or Malfoy in your bio. I will not accept it for any reason. Be more original. The whole point of this role play is to create new generations of wizards & witches. I will post my form shortly. All parts of the form are required.

Name: (first and last, middle name optional)

Age/Year: (i.e. 12/ first year, 13/ second year, and so on)

House: (you know which to choose from)

Appearance: (must be realistic- no red eyes, purple hair, etc)

Personality: (be creative!)

History & Other: (include a brief history, your pet, your Patronus, and what your wand looks like)

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Valerie Dolores Chambers

Age/Year: 17 / Sixth Year

House: Slytherin

Appearance: Valerie Chambers has long, silky, medium-brown colored hair that lies straight with a bit of a natural wave. When she gets dressed up, she curls her hair in pretty, loose spiral curls. Her bangs are usually covering part of her face. Her eyes are a beautiful shade of hazel, with more green than brown and she has long, thick eyelashes. She almost always has a little bit of eye make up on. In all honesty, she is very attractive. She has fair skin, with a single freckle (beauty mark) just beneath her left eye. Her lips are very soft and are always covered with some sort of lip gloss, usually light pink. She has four earring studs in each ear. She is average height for a girl, standing at about 5'7". She is fairly petite, around 125 pounds, but still has a nice figure.

Personality: Valerie Chambers is very unique, and is sometimes considered weird or strange. She typically has a very relaxed, calm temperament. Her voice is soft and friendly; she is very charming. Valerie is also very sarcastic and at times comes across as a snob. Deep down she is very loyal and loving. But she has a wall up at all times and does not open up to many people; although she is not shy. She will defend those she loves, even if it means giving her own life. She suffers from dark nightmares that she blames on all her readings about the Death Eaters and Voldemort, but sometimes she thinks there is something more going on. She is very adventurous and curious, and sometimes gets in to trouble because of it. She is brave and not afraid to get hurt. Valerie has a bad temper and although it does not show very often, when it does, it's very bad. She does not cry in front of her peers, and hardly cries at all period. She is very passionate.

History: Her mother is Iris Chambers and her father is Peter Chambers. They are both magical, so Valerie is considered a "pure blood". She has an older brother named Harry who recently graduated from Hogwarts. He was named after the famous Harry Potter because he was born the year that the Dark Lord was defeated. Valerie comes from a wealthy family, and when they attended Hogwarts, both of her parents and brother were placed in Slytherin just as she is now.

Other:Valerie has a pet cat named Ruby; she is a fluffy, black Himalayan with bright orange eyes. Her wand is black and made of cherry wood. It is slightly over 11 inches long, and has a silver snake coiled around the handle. The core is made from unicorn tail-hair. Valerie's Patronus is a wolf.

Name: Mystina Bellford

Age/Year: 5th year / 16

House: Ravenclaw

Appearance: Mystina has long, beautiful, silvery blond hair that falls down to her waist that seems to float behind her as she walks. This is attributed to the fact that she is a quarter Veela. She has full bangs that is cut just above the eyebrows that further accentuates her delicate nose and her large, deep blue eyes. Very pale skinned and is quite tall at 5'8" with a slim figure. She loves clothes and shoes though she doesn't like accessorizing much. She makes sure that she is always well dressed and has a variety of clothing and matching shoes fit for any occasion.

Personality: A brilliant student of the Ravenclaw house. Mystina can sometimes act spoiled. She is a bit of a perfectionist and admits to being an egotistical narcissist with poor powers of self-analysis. She takes her studies seriously and is quite proficient with Transfiguration, Charms and Defensive spells. Though self-absorbed most of the time, she is responsible and she does like helping others in need especially when it came to academics. She deeply cares for her friends.

History & Other: Mystina is an only child, born from a prominent family and is a half blood, her mother being descended from Veelas. Her parents were initially going to send her to study at Beaxbaton's but for reasons unknown, changed their minds just as she was about to enroll and decided to send her to Hogwarts instead. Mystina has a furry Munchkin cat that she calls Tascha. She has a 12-inch wand made of Holly with a Dragon-heartstring core and her Patronus is that of a Lynx.

Name: Raine Chamberlain

Age/Year: 12/first year

Appearance: Raine wears her long, brown hair in two braids. Her bangs are very long and brushed to the side. She doesn't feel like tying them into her braids. Her skin is slightly tanned, and her cheeks have a rosy shade. Raine usually wears the normal Hogwarts uniform: a long, dark, cloak and she wears a scarf with the Ravenclaw colors.

Personality: Raine is very shy and is secretive. She doesn't like to mingle very much, and often has scary dreams about monsters. She is very bright, but she doesn't like to speak in class and often messes up when answering a question. She is very kind, but her shyness keeps her from being popular. She is a muggle-born, but no one knows. She keeps it a secret, and if anyone asks about her blood, she says she is completely pure blood, as she is afraid people will make fun of her.

History & Other: Raine found out about her magic powers when she was exploring a zoo with her parents, and she came to the ocelots, and the ocelots came to her. The glass disappeared and the ocelots still stayed, watching her curiously. When she walked away, a baby ocelot followed her still. The ocelot refused to leave, and her parents let her keep it. For some reason, it still stays as small as a kitten.

Raine's Patronus has not yet been discovered. She hopes it is an ocelot.

Raine's wand is made of cherrywood, and the handle is encrusted with gold, carefully twisted around the wand. The core is made from golden pheonix feathers.

Name: Andy Rufords

Age/Year: 14 / 3rd year

Appearance: He currently has short, spiky black hair, hazely-green eyes and an elephant's trunk, yes an elephant's trunk, due to him being a metamorphmagus. (Like Tonks. Sorry for bending the rules a bit!) He always wears a green T-shirt and black jeans under his cloak. He is 3'9" and weighs 42 kilograms.

Personality: He likes to show off his ability to his friends, and they always marvel at him and give him ideas of what to do next. He has a crush on a 4th year girl named Fiona Redgeford, and likes to hang around her. He is muggle-born and sends his parents mail via owl every week. He is very curious, and this trait gets him into a bit of trouble. He loves going to the library and looking up tales about his favourite wizard and idol, Harry Potter. He's very laid back and hates schoolwork, so he always forgets to bring his homework in.

History and Other: As I mentioned earlier he is muggle-born, but his cousin is a half-blood and they are best friends. Andy's mother Patricia and his father Alexander were very shocked when he got his letter, but very excited for him. His twin sister, Fiona, was a bit jealous and disappointed, but happy for him too. His wand is 10 inches long, and has dragon heartstring and pheonix feather. His patronus is a platypus, his favourite animal that he once saw swimming on his holiday to Australia.

Sorry if it's a bit short, I intend to make it longer when I come up with more ideas!

OOC: Uh just an observation, I dunno how all three of you got Phoenix Feather cores seeing as, if I remember correctly, the only two wands in existence that has this core is that of Harry's and Voldemort's. They are twin cores (Correct me if I am wrong but that is how I remember it).

Secondly, I know for a fact that animorphmagi are able to transform their appearance at will without the use of Polyjuice potion, that's why I don't see why Andy has to walk around with a trunk all the time when he can obviously remove it and make a normal nose/mouth/face at will. Even a not-so-accomplished animorphmagi should be able to construct a normal face as, after all, it is their gift.

Lastly, I don't think it's possible for a single wand to have two different cores such as Dragon-heartsting and Phoenix Feather in one wand. That'll make your character sort of sue-ish since, like I said, it's sort of not possible. So maybe just choose one, pick one.

Just stating the above facts as I am a great fan of Harry Potter and if we're doing this RP I hope that we can stay as faithful to the saga's facts/history as possible. Thank you.

(( OOC: All accepted. :) All i'm worried about is you are all ravenclaw. i'd prefer to keep the houses as even as possible! please and thank yoU! And jadine- i'm not really sticking to specifics from harry potter, i just like the basic idea. i never read the books but am still a huge fan of the movies. but ill change my core for my wand, its no biggie. i don't want to cause any disputes with you over this though. ))

Valerie Chambers stood quietly, staring at the wall between platforms 9 and 10 in the train station. She smiled at the memory of her first time standing in this very spot, five years earlier. It seemed like yesterday.

"Now Val... don't even think about it. Just look straight ahead and aim right in the middle." Her mother had told her.

There had been so much crying and hugging that day. With her older brother Harry, too, but not as much. He had graduated a few years before. Valerie was the baby. Her parents' little angel. And to this day she still was, but the routine of leaving and saying goodbye had gotten much easier.

Valerie took a deep breath, and phased through the wall. Once on the other side, she grinned at the sight of the magnificent Hogwarts train. She was entering her sixth year, only one more to go after this year. The excitement- and pressure- was definitely settling in now. But she shook off her nerves and focused on seeing all of her friends again. She'd wrote a few of them, but it just wasn't the same as actually spending time with them, day after day like at school. Valerie stepped on to the train, and waved goodbye to her parents one last time.

Passing by the cabins of the train, Valerie looked for a good seat. She found an empty cabin and sat down. Her fuzz ball of a cat, Ruby, meowed in complaint fro her cage. "Alright, alright. Don't be a baby", she told the feline. She took Ruby out of the kitty cage and set her in her lap, petting her long black fur softly. Valerie stared out the window of the train and waited if she would see any of her friends.

Hi. I'm just going to clear up a couple of our misunderstandings. First off...

I don't see why Andy has to walk around with a trunk all the time when he can obviously remove it and make a normal nose/mouth/face at will.
Well I think I remember saying...

He currently has short, spiky black hair, hazely-green eyes and an elephant's trunk, yes an elephant's trunk, due to him being a metamorphmagus.
Notice the currently there? As for this...

I don't think it's possible for a single wand to have two different cores such as Dragon-heartsting and Phoenix Feather in one wand.
I'm not sure, but I think in the movie of HP7 Part 1, Olivander says a wand they show to him has Dragon Heartstring AND holly. Speaking about wands, this one...

Uh just an observation, I dunno how all three of you got Phoenix Feather cores seeing as, if I remember correctly, the only two wands in existence that has this core is that of Harry's and Voldemort's.
Now, if I remember correctly, it was only one pheonix that produced two feathers for two seperate wands. That doesn't quite mean that those are the only wands in existence with pheonix feather. More than one pheonix has feathers, to put it in a different way.

Anyway, nice writing Acegirl! Well done! I do apologise for this though...

All i'm worried about is you are all ravenclaw.
I didn't notice this before. To choose Andy's house though, I pulled Ravenclaw out of a hat. So it's really just a coincedence that all of us are in Ravenclaw.

(( i am about to get seriously ticked off if you guys start arguing. this is not harry potter, this is BASED on the idea of hogwarts FROM the harry potter books. i want us to create our own stories. i believe i said you all need to Be Mature and if that doesnt happen i'll just close it down now. i think this could be a great roleplay.. so please just treat it as such. thank you. oh and, thank you for complimenting my writing))

Name: Sophie Emarie Wingston

Age/Year: 12/First year. (The first year is 11...?)

House: Hufflepuff

Appearance: Sophie has strawberry blonde hair that bounces above her pointy elbow - she is ashamed of being blonde as muggles tend to call them stupid - so she puts it up in a loose bun when she is going to streets when muggles could see her. Her hunter-green eyes can stare someone down if she wants it to. She is shorter than most wizards at her age - being around 20 centimeters smaller than 'average'.

Personality: Sophie tends to be a bit shy and very ashamed for herself for the small things. But if you use this advantage over her and start to tease her - her eyes will stare you down and she doesn't let the situation rest - being the a little 'bossy' and 'hot-headed'.

History & Other: Sophie grew up with her muggle Father and wizard Mother in a low up-keep house in London. She received her Hogwarts letter in surprise - wondering if she would be accepted or not after all the tales her Mother had told her at 'bed-time' when she was younger. Her patronus is a wolf, and her pet is a short-haired brown Manx cat. Her wand is made out of wood and has a pretty hawk pattern on it.

Name: Tyler Davis

Age/Year: 16/5th year

House: Hufflepuff

Appearance: Tyler has light brown hair, sticking up in all directions and giving him a slightly goofy appearance. No matter how hard he tries to make it lie flat, it stays looking like he backcombed it, so he usually gives up and leaves it. He has hazel eyes, occasionally framed by square black glasses, though he hates these and tries to avoid wearing them. At 5'4, he doesn't exactly tower over the people in the school, and he is rather scrawny in appearance. His pale complexion tends to make him look very sickly, and he has an overall washed tone. When he is not wearing his school robes, he tends to wear a dress shirt with jeans, an awkward combination from his attempts to look both formal and casual.

Personality: Tyler is awkward in every sense of the word. When he isn't tripping over his own baggy jeans or apsolutely nothing at all, he's trying to fade qinto the background to avoid further humiliation because of his goofy nature. His attempts to attract the opposite sex are almost laughable, because he always finds some way to mess it up by making himself look like an idiot. His other social skills are definitely lacking, mainly due to the fact that he never felt the need to mix with society during his childhood. No matter how hard he tries, he can never seem to fit in because of this.

History & Other: Tyler is a Muggle-born, and he did not find out about wizards and his powers until the representative came from Hogwarts to explain to his parents (which happens with all Muggle-borns). He did not have any fits of accidental magic like most of the students did, and it was only when he got his wand thathe was able to do any magic at all. his want is elm and dragon heartstring, quite rigid, useful for Transfiguration. He cannot perform a Patronus yet, as it is extremely complex magic that is above his level.

Name: Pippa Evers

Age/Year: 14/4th year

Appearance: Pippa has long brown hair that she usually ties up into a rather messy bun. Although this is to keep it off her face, it rarely works, because random strands seexm to find their way down into her eyes. Her eyes are brown, usually wide and alert. She is quite small for her age, so she usually gets hidden into the crowds in the corridors. In the evenings and weekend, she wears skinny jeans and a hoodie, nothing too special.

Personality: Pippa is very intelligent, there is no denying that. The allure of learning even more was what drew her to choosing Ravenclaw, and that, paired with her intelligence and thirst for knowledge, is the reason that the Sorting Hat put her in Ravenclaw. She is an introvert, preferring to keep all of her findings and ideas to herself, and not to show off with her abilities. In class, she prefers to sit and hide. She isn't exactly shy, just to show off.

History & Other: Pippa is a half-blood, her father being a wizard. She was able to perform magic to some extend at an early age, and she had at least a little bit of control over it. Her wand is ebony and unicorn tail hair, flexible and good for Charms.

And Shnupbupstchi, no, wands cannot have two cores. It is impossible. When Ollivander said dragon heartstring and holly, he meant that the core was dragon heartstring and the wood the wand was made from was holly (Much the same as Harry's wand being holly and phoenix feather). Holly is not a core for a wand. also, why can everybody do a Patronus easily? It is extremely advanced magic, way beyond school level, and the only reason the DA could ever do it was because they were in danger. Harry could only do it because his memory was extremely happy, and his will to not hear Lily was overwhelming.

Name: Farah 'Fang' Meither

Age/Year: 14/3rd year.

House: Slytherin

Appearance: Farah is of average height, with strange amber eyes with flecks of gold. She has dark brown curly hair with random streaks of ginger, that reaches a couple inches below her shoulders and her bangs completely cover her right eye. She sometimes uses a black headband to try keep it out of her face, but it doesn't usually work. Quite pale and lithe. She has her ears pierced once on each ear, and she usually has little skull earrings in.

Personality: She's the person thats always there, but no one really knows what she's actually like. She has her guard up at all times, but when she gets to know people more, she shows some of her true colours, but will never completely tell all. She seems shy when she first meets people, but after awhile she seems more cruel, more confident, more outgoing, more mischievous. A bit of a trouble maker. She has a horrible temper, when someone insults her or her friends. People from other houses may see her as a bit of a snob, for being so cynical sometimes. Some people underestimate her in terms of her academic work, and that also makes her mad. Hates mudbloods, because her parents do too.

History & Other: She grew up in a small house with her parents, Aiden Meither and Kristy Meither, and her little sister Lila Meither. She is a pureblood. Her patronus is undetermined, as she is unable to cast one yet. She has a snowy owl, Azel. Her wand is 10", the core is unicorn hair, and made of cherry wood. It is plain black in appearance, with slithers of silver up the side.

(The first year is 11...?)
Age 11 or 12 for first year, it doesn't matter to me

But lovely forms you guys! Accepted. I will be gone today but feel free to start and I will catch up.

Name: Lucia Judge

Age/Year: 13/ second year

House: Gryffindor

Appearance: Chocolate brown eyes and thick black hair that just barely passes her shoulder blades. She usually pin back her bangs so it doesn't get in her line of vision. She happens to be a short 4'9" and wears a white button up with a black knee length skirt under her cloak. She also has a slight tan and people sometimes mistaken her as a first year. Sometimes she would wear her thick rectangular black rimmed glasses.

Personality: She isn't one for show and prefers to be in the background where rarely anyone would bother her. She's stubborn and sarcastic at first but once she warms up to you she can be funny and loyal not to mention obnoxious at times. She has a small attention span and due to this she constantly gets confused. She is also very curious. She is always up for an adventure even if it is dangerous. Hey, its better than doing nothing and being bored at home.

History & Other: Lucia is an only child and happens to be a half blood. Her father, Bourey Judge, is a muggle and her mother, Lisa Judge (original full name being Lisa Charms) is a pureblood witch. Lucia has a pet cat named Oscar, an Asian semi-longhaired cat that she got around the age of four. Her patronus is a cougar. Her wand is made of Elder wood with Veela hair in the core and is 11 inches long.

Name: Leonard "Leo" Langley

Age/Year: 16, 5th year

House: Gryffindor

Appearance: Leo is a tall (6'6, lolwut) guy who is built like an ox and looks like the kind of person you do not wanna pick a physical fight with. He weighs 160 lbs, and has something between a medium and large frame. He has short, dark almost black brown hair. His eyes are emerald green. Underneath his wizard robes/cloak, he tends to wear regular, muggle casual street clothes- AKA jeans, t-shirts, the like.

Personality: Mr. 6'6 here is definitely of the "Strong and silent" variety of guys. He doesn't really show too much emotion, isn't the type to talk and talk and talk and talk, or be captain of a team, and he is rather threatening to most people which is why the poor guy always seems to end up by himself. Nonetheless, he has a good heart, and pretty much every action he does is well thought out and has good intentions behind them.

History & Other: Despite his name, his patronus isn't a lion since that would be just be too silly and ironic. His patronus is a dark panther. Leo is a pureblood, with both wizard parents. His childhood was spent with his wizard parents as an only child. He pretty much grew up in the typical way you and I grew up, only with the awesome excursions to Diagon Alley and other wizard places like that where his parents took him along to. He's been enrolled at Hogwarts up until this RP begins. Oh, and his pet.. Is an American Shorthair male named Taisho (If you get the reference, you win a free prize! Lol). Moving onto his wand, it's an 11 inch Mahogany wand with Dragon Heartstring. Finally, if it's okay, Leo is the Keeper of the Quidditch team (Since he's so big he can pretty much just cover an entire hoop).

(accepted. i really appreciate the long forms you guys! wonderful creativity! we have enough characters to begin. i posted valerie boarding the train and such already. so we'll start with at the train station/train ride!)

On Platform 9 3/4, a strange looking boy bumped into Valerie. He had spiky black hair. And an elephant's trunk.

"Why've you got an ELEPHANT'S TRUNK?!" Valerie asked, confused and stunned.

"It's a power of mine," he replied. "The name's Andy. I'm a metamorphymargoo, or at least I think that's what it is. Watch this!"

The boy named Andy concentrated hard and made his hair turn bright orange.

"Wow!" Valerie said amazed. "A real metamorphmagus! I've heard of them, but never really seen one do it's thing!"

"That's what it's called." Andy said as he made his trunk go away.

"Shall we board the train now?" Valerie asked him.

"Sure!" Andy replied as they started to walk across the platform towards the Hogwarts Express. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back