Photo
- - - - -

Help me ID this P1/P2 Tama

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Fullofpop

• fullofpop user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:59 PM ( #1 )

Hi everyone, hope you don't mind that I registered just to ask a question!

I was sorting through some items in storage and I came across one of my old Tamagotchis. I got curious and started digging around to find out if it might be worth anything, but I can't find it.

It's an original, the back reads "BANDAI 1997", with the Tamagotchi logo on front. The three buttons are white. But the case is totally clear. It's not the "clear white" I've found. There is no color to it at all, it is entirely see-through.

My only thought is that it was colored at one time, and if it was painted, maybe I scraped the paint off of it (sounds like something a bored 13-year-old me would have done)? Or that it faded over time (though it was stored in a dark, cool place)? But given that the logo on the front shows no damage or discoloration at all, I'm not sure what to think.

So did this exist? Or did I do something horrible to the case at some point?

Replies

Views

Started

04 Aug 2011

Last Post

04 Aug 2011

NintenNerd

• nintennerd user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:14 PM ( #2 )

Yes. If you're talking about this one, the clear casing is perfectly normal. It's a P2 by the way.

Fullofpop

• fullofpop user photo

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:16 PM ( #3 )

Yes. If you're talking about this one, the clear casing is perfectly normal. It's a P2 by the way.

That's exactly it, I couldn't find it before. What's the official name of the color, since "clear" wasn't giving me anything?

NintenNerd

• nintennerd user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:27 PM ( #4 )

I'm not sure if all of the P1/P2s had official design names, but I'm pretty sure that one doesn't have one.

purpurn

• purpurn user photo

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:43 PM ( #5 )

That's exactly it, I couldn't find it before. What's the official name of the color, since "clear" wasn't giving me anything?

Yeah, I don't think they had real names for the different types, I have sometimes heard of the "Clear" shells being called "Skeletal" though.... Don't know if that helps you in anyway. And yes - if it has a swirly type of background it is a p2, if it's a checkerboard looking background it is a p1. :)

Edit: I just noticed that you were looking for an approximate value for it. It somewhat depends on if it is in box or not. If it's in good condition (no scratches), has directions, rarity, etc.

This site is somewhat of a good marking for what sort of a price you would be looking at for it: http://www.pixelmood.com/prices.htm

On this site he calls them Generation 1 or 2 and the prices are about the same for both gens. :) I hope that helps a bit more!

Edited by purpurn, 04 August 2011 - 06:48 PM.