Tamagotchi Blood

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Tamagotchi Guardian

Reaction score
Prologue Part 2

Part 1

I turned on the television.

'And in the news today... Many gold blooded tamagotchis are being hunted down in the streets for their blood. When killed, a tamagotchi can produce up to 6 litres of blood. That means for every gold blood that the lower blood hunters manage to kill, they could earn up to £540. Although here at TamaNews we heavily discourage injuring or killing any other tamagotchi for personal gain, it certainly is a profitable business.'

'In other news today... The rare platinum blooded tamagotchi that went into hiding in the TamaTalk Mountains several days ago has been found dead in the village of Kwando drained of its blood. The police have assured everyone that when the thief and murderer goes to the market to sell the blood, the blood will be consfiscated and the evil person will be given a life sentence. According to a TamNet poll, there are 14 platinum blooded tamagotchis currently living in Tamagotchi Plains, 7 of which are known by the police and are being every possible protection imaginable. The other 7 are urged to come forward for the best protection the police can offer.'

I turned off the televison. I couldn't watch any more.

I knew the police wouldn't offer protection if we came forward as platinum bloods. They'd probably kill us there and then and all profit from it. £15 million they could make if our whole family came forward, £15 million!

Do you remember in the last part I said that Susie had left us the night that Paul started trying to collect up her blood? Well, it was probably as much for our good as hers. You see, Paul has been looking for her family (that's us of course) ever since the incident. Knocking on doors, asking for someone called Susie or her family etc. He came to our door once but we denied all knowledge of her. It's a dangerous life this is.

On the official register, me, mum, Mark and Susie are down as silver bloods. We have been since birth. Dad's down as a gold blood. We'll have to keep him safe during these gold blood hunting times. It's ridiculous really that the colour of someone's blood could matter so much. If it was down to me, I'd make it illegal to sell blood. I mean it's so biased. £30 for a whole body of red blood, £3,000,000 for a whole body of platinum. Surely a judge of our status is our character, not our blood. I mean, you can't even see blood unless you injure yourself!

My mother Sally hobbled down the stairs. She was aggrophobic which meant she rarely left the house and was very weak and fragile following the death of her fourth child (and my brother) Craig just minutes after birth. He had heart problems which meant blood couldn't be pumped very well around his body. The doctors could possibly have done something had they wanted to. They didn't because when they did x-rays they could tell he was a platinum blood. I guess they thought that if they let him die, they could grab him and then take his blood and be rich. Of course mother didn't let that happen. She saw to it that Craig never left her sight (during the 41 minutes he lived) and she held on to him tightly. When he died, she whisked him away quickly. Mother has never said that the doctors let him die but that's what I think it was. Tamagotchis are so horrible when it comes to money. Me, Mark and Susie probably wouldn't have lived had mother not done an 'at home blood check.' It's where you check (through breast feeding or something) what blood your child has and then call in to tell the doctors. Of course mother already knew we were platinum bloods as she is a platinum blood and so is father so it was pretty much guaranteed. Alternatively, you can have the blood checked by the doctors at the hospital and then they write it down. Most lower blooded parents (red, wood and steel bloods) prefer to have it done at the hospital. But anyway, more on my mother. She had Craig when I was 9 and after that her health rapidly declined. She developed wrinkles and her voice went all croaky. She's only 42 but since she started shrinking (that's not a typo - she actually is shrinking at 42) and having to use a walking stick she looks at least 50. She has bushy grey hair (another thing that's come on recently) and is quite like a hunchback because she's always bent over.

'Laura, can you get me a seat?' my mother croaked, limping towards the breakfast table. In the mornings I was always the first up, followed by her.

'Of course mum,' I nodded, dragging one of our best chairs (made using gold blood) towards her. She fell into the seat and let out an enormous sigh. Before Craig had died, she had been so youthful and energetic. We'd go out to the park together, her and me and she seemed so much more beautiful than the rest of the mothers we saw. Today however, she was just a weary old woman.

'Life hasn't been kind to me,' she smiled while attempting to swallow cereal but spilling most of it down her blue t-shirt.

'Here let me help,' I replied, rushing over to steady her shaking hand holding the spoon.

'Thank you my darling,' she yawned, 'You're the spitting image of me at your age.'

I beamed, proud that I had been given a compliment.

'These times are hard you know,' mother said, a tear dropping from her wrinkly eye. 'I sometimes wonder if there ever will be a time that tamagotchis aren't judged by their blood. Nobody can win! If you're a low blood you're treated as an outcast and like you're scum and if you're a high blood you're used and hurt by others. Those silver bloods have it easy.' she sighed.

I smiled at her, agreeing with her every word. My next door neighbour (and best friend) Lizzie was lucky. Silver bloods were in the middle. High enough end not to be made fun of but low enough that they weren't sold.

My father Steven appeared in the doorway. He was the exact opposite of my mother. Tall with brilliant posture and youth but had his head in the clouds (not due to his height) and wasn't down to earth in the slightest.

'Morning all!' he shouted, as if he was addressing thousands of his adoring fans, not his wife and daughter.

He strolled casually over to the table, took a seat and poured himself a bowl full of cereal.

As I said, my father was the total opposite to my mother.

He was tall with a full head of fairly long black hair. He was broad shouldered and wore his work suit like it was the crown jewels. He had polished black shoes (by himself of course) and a very thin face.

'They're hunting down gold bloods again,' I told my father. That was as far as our relationship went really. He was a nice man, but we didn't really talk beyond discussing the news.

'Those stupid morons,' he bellowed, spitting across the table. 'When will they find something better to do with their life than kill others? Remember all, if anyone asks we are SILVER bloods. Hopefully if they cut us to check they'll be so stupid that they think platinum is silver,' he chuckled reassuringly to himself.

The doorbell chimed the first line of Jingle Bells.

'Who could be at the door at this time on a Sunday morning?' my mother asked, rising to her feet defensively.

'Right, nobody panic,' my father croaked, clearly panicking himself, 'I'll get the shot gun, if they're here for our blood then we shoot them. Laura, you answer the door.'

I tiptoed towards the front door, terrified of what I may find on the other side of it. Had the fact that we were platinum bloods been revealed? Had Paul figured out who we were?

I grasped the door handle and slowly pulled the door open, shaking. I could feel father's presence behind me, holding his favourite weapon.

To my surprise, my friend Lizzie was at the front door.

'Lizzie! What are you doing here?' I questioned.

'It's my mother,' she replied, shaking more than I had been, 'She's a gold blood and I think she's been...' she gulped, 'KILLED! By the gold blood hunters!'

Coming up in Part 2:

More gold bloods get hunted and a local platinum blood gets found and killed by police in suspicious circumstances

Lizzie and Laura investigate Lizzie's mother's mysterious disappearance

Terri Southgate, Mark's current girlfriend makes a startling discovery about Susie that could lead to her and the whole family's death

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back