Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

What's your current MAJOR pet peeve?

• Please log in to reply

SouthParkPikachu

• southparkpikachu user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:24 PM ( #171 )

People who chew loudly or make gross noises while eating. This is probably my #1!
People who yell at others a lot (like my grade 8 french teacher)
Webdings font just because it makes no sense whatsoever.
When our Vista laptop freezes, but my mom ordered Windows 7 so we will not have this problem. (I'm using our XP computer right now)

Edited by SouthParkPikachu, 19 October 2012 - 06:30 PM.

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:59 PM ( #172 )

Same about the sounds while eating. Or just opening mouth while doing so, ugh.
Webdings is not a normal font anyway, it's just for images in documents.

Choco Monkey

• choco-monkey user photo

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:22 PM ( #173 )

When theres no more burgers in my house

Amat Gotchi

• amat-gotchi user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:33 PM ( #174 )

When my laptop freezes when trying to scroll down an internet page
Waiting for online orders (kobo mini, come to meeee)
When my friend calls me insensitive, argumentative, and overcomplaining, right when she's watching movies on her (expensive, fancy, shiny) iPod touch and painting her nails all day
When I deposit too much money into my bank account and am left to pay my parents for online purchases using exact change (as in $80 in coins?)
People who are afraid of tofu
When certain people forget the legal driving age in my region and hence forget a whole load of other stuff (for privacy reasons i won't say who, what, or where)
"...so please tell me what there's to complain about." ~Onerepublic

Famous Last Words.x

• famous-last-wordsx user photo

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:49 AM ( #175 )

• How all these 'anti-bullying awareness' things are more used to boost bullies reputation by pretending to care, rather than to do the intended, to raise awareness and stop bullying (More explanation/rant under spoiler)

Spoiler

Edited by Famous Last Words.x, 20 October 2012 - 04:55 AM.

• TamaMum and +[ b r u t a l ]+ like this

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:18 AM ( #176 )

• How all these 'anti-bullying awareness' things are more used to boost bullies reputation by pretending to care, rather than to do the intended, to raise awareness and stop bullying (More explanation/rant under spoiler)
Spoiler

It's not a major pet peeve for me but I do notice how some folks say they're bullied in school but don't see anything wrong in bullying or being mean to others if the opportunity presents itself.
No one likes to be on the outside. Most of us appreciate being liked and having friends - it's natural, but if you say you hate bullies, why act like one yourself towards someone who is weaker or less confident than you...?
  • +[ b r u t a l ]+, Famous Last Words.x and The Ultimate Doomer like this

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:36 AM ( #177 )

(snip)

Erm, you keep saying Tamagotchi is girly but the debate is about the anime (and not the Yume Kira Dreams one either), and have you actually seen it? Quite a few eps here and there are girly but the majority are all awesome and have adventures and focus on boy characters. Like there's one where Mametchi and his friends go into Spacytchi's house, which is actually a spaceship, but the friends don't know and Kuchipatchi accidentally makes it blast off into space...will they ever get home? :o And there's another where Gotchi King gets a terrible disease and Mametchi and his buddies venture into a mysterious cave which may hold the key to Gotchi King's recovery...sorry for blabbering so much but the Tamagotchi is enjoyable for both boys and girls. 8(

When my children say "Ugh! That's disgusting! I hate it!" about a meal I've just spend an hour preparing (after a full, tiring day at work) and a meal that everyone ate quite happily without any complaint whatsoever last week (... and last month and a few months before....) - especially when they really mean "I'm sorry, I've kind of gone off this recipe for now, can you avoid cooking it for a while...?"

I feel your pain, pal, but in my case I have a right to be grossed out by what my mama gives me because it's always either 1. A week past the use by date or 2. Full of stuff she should know I'm allergic to. :P

Now, my major pet peeve is...when somebody just randomly comes along and looks into my room for a split second for NO REASON. What purpose does it serve?! :o

ウサギ

• &-12454;&-12469;&-12462; user photo

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:25 AM ( #178 )

my pet peeves are:

kids under 14 with cellphones
Toddlers and Tiaras
school
honey boo boo
being woken up for no reason.

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:55 AM ( #179 )

Now, my major pet peeve is...when somebody just randomly comes along and looks into my room for a split second for NO REASON. What purpose does it serve?! :o

Maybe someone cares enough about you to check that you're OK (and haven't died from all the disgusting stuff your Mum should know you're allergic to...?) ;]
  • Eternal Mametchi Fan likes this

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:29 PM ( #180 )

When characters in my tamas are put to sleep without at least one hungry/happy heart filled...

+[ b r u t a l ]+

• b-r-u-t-a-l user photo

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:57 PM ( #181 )

Erm, you keep saying Tamagotchi is girly but the debate is about the anime (and not the Yume Kira Dreams one either), and have you actually seen it? Quite a few eps here and there are girly but the majority are all awesome and have adventures and focus on boy characters. Like there's one where Mametchi and his friends go into Spacytchi's house, which is actually a spaceship, but the friends don't know and Kuchipatchi accidentally makes it blast off into space...will they ever get home? :o And there's another where Gotchi King gets a terrible disease and Mametchi and his buddies venture into a mysterious cave which may hold the key to Gotchi King's recovery...sorry for blabbering so much but the Tamagotchi is enjoyable for both boys and girls. 8(

No, no! You misunderstood what I was trying to say. I never said Tamagotchis were only for girls. I didn't say they couldn't be enjoyed by boys and girls. Let me clarify...

I know the first Tamagotchi anime was more gender neutral. The "girly cartoon characters with sparkly eyes" comment wasn't what I think of them. It's what other people who are unfamiliar with Tamagotchis might think. For example, you could be watching an episode where Ikemen Mametchi appears. Ikemen Mametchi and a few other characters have sparkly eyes as part of their character designs. He's based on bishonen / pretty boy characters from early '70's shojo manga. Manga from this period had a distinct art style which gave everyone sparkly eyes regardless of gender. Also, Ikemen Mametchi is often accompanied by roses and sparkles around him. This is common in a lot of older shojo works to show that a character is charming and prince-like.

But obviously, most people we know aren't anime geeks, so there's no way they'd know any of that! Whereas we see a charming and funny character in a series that guys have an equal chance of enjoying, they'd only see a "girly cartoon character with sparkly eyes." Especially if you're old enough that they think you shouldn't be playing with Tamagotchis any more.

The "diabetes-inducingly cute" was about the characters who will be appearing on the Tamagotchi P's, not the ones in the anime. I wasn't the only one on that topic who thought Bandai Japan took the girlyness and turned it into an art form. Japan's obsession with cuteness and changing the mascot / characters to girlier ones probably does appeal to young girls ( or older men who like cute things ), but outside of Japan an adult ( and especially a male one ) is expected to use smartphones / iPhones and not what they recognize as a children's toy they used to play with when they were younger.

So yeah, sorry for the confusion because a cartoon / anime for girls ( or boys ) only? Pffft ~ ! Tamagotchis ( and MLP and tons of other series people call girly ) should be something loved by both genders! 8D

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:57 AM ( #182 )

^ Ah, I get it. Yes, the Tamagotchi P's and the Yume Kira Dreams anime are AWFULLY girly, but I'm glad you understand the original Tamagotchi! anime wasn't girly in the least. xD

My pet peeve is when people don't reply to PMs I spent a lifetime writing.
  • CheesyNoodleTama likes this

steenie

• steenie user photo

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:28 PM ( #183 )

when people don't know how to pronounce words correctly.

ciara683

• ciara683 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:29 PM ( #184 )

people who chew loudly, chew with their mouths open and bite down on the silverware making a horrible scratch sound.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:28 AM ( #185 )

When I'm friends with a boy and everybody assumes I'm in love with him. :(
  • XxX KennyLover XxX likes this

sweetpea40998

• sweetpea40998 user photo

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:25 AM ( #186 )

^ oh gosh that happens to me alllllllll the time. any guy i talk to is automatically my boyfriend -_-*

when you ask someone a serious question, and their answer is a joke
OR
when you you tell somebody a secret and they're like "oh yeah, everybody knows that already!" because apparently everybody knows everything about my life o.o
OR!!!
when somebody overhears you talking on the phone with your best friend, hears you say something that taken out of context can be really awkward, and then brings it up in front of your whole tennis team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then you try to explain yourself by saying "what I meant was...." but nobody believes you...
  • Eternal Mametchi Fan likes this

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:53 AM ( #187 )

• Human beings
  • Planet Earth
  • The Milky Way Galaxy
  • The Universe

• CheesyNoodleTama likes this