Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:06 AM
Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:36 AM
I have a lot actually, most of them are shared with the rest of the hoot owl fandom
when people judge Adam based on one song
when people say Adam's turning into a "generic pop artist" or something
when people call Owl City "they" how many times do we have to tell you Owl City is just one guy (although he does sometimes collaborate with other singers and while on tour he does have a live band)
there are more stuff, other hoot owls can tell you about it
when people borrow money from me, and it's not for the reason you think, money has very little appeal to me, it's just that I'm not allowed to lend money, my parents don't allow me but I can't explain it to them and they'll just think I'm greedy so I lend it to them but then I get really stressed out and anxious and they always pay it back one week later so I pretty much get stressed out for one week and they don't approach me so I have to approach them and I feel mean like I'm taking their money and I feel bad but it's my money so bottom line is borrowing money from me really puts me under stress and guilt and makes me feel bad in the end please just don't ask someone else please especially if you're borrowing more than a hundred pesos
when people add ñ to my name like seriously why not just use a regular n why do you have to freaking add an ñ, you might think they're the same but it's like confusing you're and your or than and then
meh I probably have more pet peeves but yeah too lazy to list them all
Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:28 AM
When people go:
omg so lik den i wnt to da tehater nd lik it wsa soooooo moch fun omg
Chat speak makes me want to explode with rage that is more powerful than the flaming infernos of the sun. I especially dislike:
misspelling they're, there, and their
misspelling your and you're
misspelling loose and lose
- dazzilitchigirl, CheesyNoodleTama, tamatown123 and 1 other like this
Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:31 AM
When I go to dry my hands after washing them and they're still soapy. Worst feeling.
Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:34 AM
When some Flipnote Hatena users don't even make Rayman flipnotes.
Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:38 PM
They're fun to read, they're nice and light, they're cheap...
but the second I put them in my backpack, their demise begins.
I put a brand-new paperback book in my backpack, and when I took it out again, it was just magically torn up and the cover was all misshapen and ripped.
But I can't afford hardcovers, so yeah.
Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:01 AM
I still don't know what kind of supernatural phenomenon happens whenever I put my earphones neatly in my pocket. After a few minutes they instantly turn into some tangled mess that will take me 200% more time to unravel.
- ETHAN1994, CheesyNoodleTama and Amat Gotchi like this
Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:14 AM
^I think I am supernatural because it never happens to my earphones. NEVER. And everybody on internet complains about it...
Anyway, my another pet peeve is that my mom expects me to know everything.
Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:16 AM
My pet peeve is when I feel like I'm being too stalker-ish with Rybak...I really want to tell him how awesome he is, but I'm scared he might be afraid of me.
Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:10 AM
I have some new ones to write down.
- Immature man-babies who, for whatever reason, feel the need to draw a penis on everything they see.
- When a band changes its lead singer(s), there's always this crop of whiners who feel the need to come on to every tweet, Facebook post, YouTube video and album review that the band puts up so they can write things like, "It's not Nightwish without Tarja/Anette," or "Tristania without Vibeke/Østen/Morten is dead," or "Flyleaf without Lacey is like a bird without wings". OMG, STFU!!!
- This one isn't current, but at the secondary school that I used to attend in England, everyone pushed. I hated queuing up for things, because people would always push, and cut in the line. There was no such thing as personal space. I kept on coming late to class because I was too polite to do it back. When I started at college in Norway, it felt so weird when people would stop to let me pass, and wouldn't push me out of the way so they could get to class.
- Rage-quitters on online games. It's the reason why whenever I set up a death-match on Ratchet & Clank 3 online, I always set a timer so if all my opponents quit on the rare occasion that I'm actually winning, I can still win. I hated it so much when I'd be doing a 1-on-1 death-match, and the other person would quit when I was a few kills away from the frag limit, meaning that I couldn't win because there was now no one left to fight against.
- People who compare The Hunger Games to Twilight.
- People who compare Harry Potter to Lord of The Rings. Seriously, they are not that similar!!!!
- People who force their religion on other people.
- People who force their lack of religion on other people.
- People in the UK who STILL blame the UK's failure in Eurovision on political voting. The reason the UK keeps failing is because in the years since the juries were reintroduced, they've sent has-beens and nobodies with generic pop songs. I think one thing that would change it for the UK is if they sent a CURRENT world-famous performer. The UK has plenty of those. One Direction or Adele. And don't write a song specifically for the contest. Just take an upcoming single from an upcoming album, and push the release date to the time of the contest.
Edited by ETHAN1994, 21 March 2013 - 03:41 AM.
Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:19 AM
If you're involved in music programs at school like me, you probably know what I'm talking about.
You know those kids who are all badass and go up to a random piano to beast out a song? Like they just walk up, sit down, beast out a song, and walk away to go about their day again.
That's not my pet peeve, though.
My pet peeve is when freaking everyone just has to play this song.
Don't get me wrong, I love this song. At least I did. Until all the piano kids just had to play it a billion times. Now I skip it on Pandora 'CAUSE I'M FREAKING SICK OF HEARING IT.
Also, when they play Someone Like You by Adele. GUYS. STAHP.
Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:48 PM
When my cat comes to my door in the night and starts scrapping on it and high pitched meowing until I let him in. Then he sleeps right in between my legs or takes up the entire middle of the bed so I'm forced to sleep in the most uncomfortable fetal position ever or he gets on my bed first and sleeps on my pillow. I would move him but he's so cute and I'm a sucker when it comes to cats.
Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:51 AM
here are some hoot owl (aka Owl City fan in case you didn't know) pet peeves:
"did u say Owl City??? omg i luv them soooo much like that song about his dead girlfriend who died in a car crash it was sooooo sad it made me crey but it was beautifull xDDDD"
can u not just no stop (oh yeah and if you couldn't tell I used wrong spelling and grammar and whatever on purpose, Vanilla Twilight/Lonely Lullaby was not written about Adam's "dead girlfriend who died in a car crash" she's still alive, she just broke up with him and moved to California)
when people say Owl City isn't "real music" because "it was made on a computer" you do know that Adam can play instruments right? like a guitar, a piano and drums I think plus just because it was made on a computer does not automatically make it not real music or whatever
when people say Adam can't sing good live when they haven't even heard him sing live and they just assume he can't sing live
there's probably more but that's basically it
oh yes and one last:
when people make other people insecure for liking things they like when it makes them happy and it doesn't hurt anyone they're not doing anything wrong they just like stuff why are you making them feel bad for liking something when it makes them happy
this is why Tamagotchi died
Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:26 PM
When older teachers have no idea about modern psychology of teenagers.
- booboo1 and Famous Last Words.x like this