Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

What's your current MAJOR pet peeve?

• Please log in to reply

kuromametchifan123

• kuromametchifan123 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:20 AM ( #161 )

1) Annoying forward emails and texts, especially the ones that say things like "If you don't forward this to x people tomorrow will be the worst day of your life!" Seriously, like I'll fall for that. T_T

2) Comic Sans.

3) Papyrus.

4) People who say "Hi" to you over and over and over, even after you say "Hi" back.

5) And like OST, when people don't sneeze or cough into their arms, I hate that!

The Ultimate Doomer

• the-ultimate-doomer user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:32 AM ( #162 )

When you have to chu an alarm clock to turn it off.
Posted Image

Tbonesam

• tbonesam user photo

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:02 AM ( #163 )

The obsessive hatred for Comic Sans. I mean, it's just a font. No need to go on about how ugly it is.

I hate it when people like this ^^
pop up in the Internet.

ChamametchiandMametchi

• chamametchiandmametchi user photo

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:41 AM ( #164 )

I hate it when people hurt my feelings about what I like. I CAN TALK ABOUT MY FAVE THINGS WHEN I WANT TO!
  • tamatown123 and Eternal Mametchi Fan like this

+[ b r u t a l ]+

• b-r-u-t-a-l user photo

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:46 AM ( #165 )

People claiming to be Grammar Nazis, when all they do is correct someone's usage of Its vs It's, Their vs There, Your vs You're, and know the contents of a thesaurus well enough to sound eloquent.

Even when you're on an informal discussion board, they still leave snarky responses like "u ned a spell chckr" / "Love the way you spelled X", which... Doesn't really do much except make the person feel bad.
When I'm online, I don't care if someone types like a robot or if they spell "likee ths" as long as it's legible and I can understand the point they're trying to make.
I'd rather talk to someone who types like that without all the flowery language any day.

I know some people only do this because they really don't understand what the person's saying, but people who jump all over the place just for getting "Your" / "You're" wrong? Saying "It is me" instead of "It is I"? Seems kind of rude to me. >:|

I also don't like it when I offer someone valid criticism on a work they enjoy, like a novel or TV series, or tell them what I didn't like about it and they respond with this:

Posted Image

I find it amusing when I know they're only kidding around though. x3
  • Famous Last Words.x likes this

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:05 AM ( #166 )

I hate it when people hurt my feelings about what I like. I CAN TALK ABOUT MY FAVE THINGS WHEN I WANT TO!

^ This

steenie

• steenie user photo

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:33 AM ( #167 )

nevermind :babytchi:

Edited by steenie, 18 October 2012 - 04:23 PM.

+[ b r u t a l ]+

• b-r-u-t-a-l user photo

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:59 AM ( #168 )

A story about PONIES vs TAMAGOTCHIS- my new pet peeve:

Once upon a time, there was a God of All Things Awesome. This God ruled over Tamatalk, a land where fans of My Little Pony and fans of Tamagotchi used to live in peace. But alas! This did not continue for long. Tamagotchi fans, outraged at the explosive popularity of MLP revolted!

"Why is MLP so goshdarn popular?" they asked. "Ponies are for girls! I grew out of them when I was seven!"
Meanwhile bronies and pegasisters alike joined hands and wondered, "Don't we have the freedom to enjoy what we want?"

The God, seeing this childish scuffle, could only shake his head. Placing a hand on one Tamagotchi fan's shoulder and another on a MLP fan, he said this immortal line:

"My children. Why do you fail to respect each other's preferences so?"

The God turned to the Tamagotchi fan.

"Son. This land is called Tamatalk. It was created for fans who like Tamagotchi such as yourself. But Tamatalk is a place where people from all ages and walks of life gather. Some of us may have outgrown Tamagotchis and developed new interests, such as anime, The Big Bang Theory, or My Little Pony. And yet those people still love TamaTalk because they like the people, have close friends, and spent a better part of their childhood here. That does not mean they still have to talk about Tamagotchis all the time. The Non-Tamatalk sections are popular because it gives them a break from Tamagotchis and allows them to talk about their interests outside of Tamagotchis."

The Tamagotchi fan protested. "But what's so great about MLP? I saw both seasons and it's just a mediocre kids' show. The Tamagotchi! anime was so much more meaningful and hilarious than ponies will ever be! People who like ponies just have a low IQ."

The God responded, "No two people will have the exact same preferences. You can't expect everyone else to like the Tamagotchi! anime just because you do. That's no different than a complete stranger expecting you to like Gangnam Style, say "OPPA GANGNAM STYLE", do some freaky dance moves and then getting upset when you say you don't like Gangnam Style. If someone likes something more than Tamagotchi, live and let live instead of trolling their MLP-related status updates.

He then said, "What neither of you understand is that you're both on the same boat. Tamagotchi fans may call ponies childish and for girls, but look at what Tamagotchis have become. The new Tamagotchi P's comes in washed out pastel shells filled with jewels and hearts. The characters are becoming sparklier and diabetes-inducingly cute to appeal to young girls. The same young girls that ponies are targeting.

"No matter how big of a fanbase MLP has, much of the world still calls ponies dumb and girly. That includes grown ups as well as young children. But Tamagotchi is no better. How many of you Tamagotchi fans have ever been ridiculed for liking a 'kid's toy from the '90's'? For watching 'girly cartoon characters with sparkly eyes' on nosub.tv? Do neither of you realize how alike MLP and Tamagotchis can be if only you would see past each other's differences?"

"I... I suppose I didn't think of that..." The Tamagotchi fan mumbled uncomfortably.
"Uhhh. Yeah, that's true..." the MLP fan acknowledged.

The Tamagotchi fan, seeing the error of his ways, felt the need to apologize.
"I'm really sorry for all the things I've said. Of course you're allowed to like what you want."
The MLP fan also apologized. "I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions by saying ponies were better than Tamagotchis."

The God smiled. "I'm proud of you both. You now know what it's like to respect someone's opinion."

The Tamagotchi fan and the MLP fan then parted ways. Both a heckuva lot more mature than before, they spread their newfound wisdom to other bickering members and soon the silly PONIES vs TAMAGOTCHIS debate was no more. And they all lived happily ever after.

~ The End
  • Famous Last Words.x and Amat Gotchi like this

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:13 AM ( #169 )

When my mama gives me disgusting "food" and expects me to eat it.

When my children say "Ugh! That's disgusting! I hate it!" about a meal I've just spend an hour preparing (after a full, tiring day at work) and a meal that everyone ate quite happily without any complaint whatsoever last week (... and last month and a few months before....) - especially when they really mean "I'm sorry, I've kind of gone off this recipe for now, can you avoid cooking it for a while...?"
  • Famous Last Words.x likes this

Lovelin24

• lovelin24 user photo

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:56 PM ( #170 )

I just hate how some people insult your likes and favorites. For example my friend kept telling me Flaaffy is a fail Pokemon. I mean just because I think it's cool and you don't doesn't mean you have to insult it over and over.

SouthParkPikachu

• southparkpikachu user photo

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:24 PM ( #171 )

People who chew loudly or make gross noises while eating. This is probably my #1!
People who yell at others a lot (like my grade 8 french teacher)
Webdings font just because it makes no sense whatsoever.
When our Vista laptop freezes, but my mom ordered Windows 7 so we will not have this problem. (I'm using our XP computer right now)

Edited by SouthParkPikachu, 19 October 2012 - 06:30 PM.

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:59 PM ( #172 )

Same about the sounds while eating. Or just opening mouth while doing so, ugh.
Webdings is not a normal font anyway, it's just for images in documents.

Choco Monkey

• choco-monkey user photo

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:22 PM ( #173 )

When theres no more burgers in my house

Amat Gotchi

• amat-gotchi user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:33 PM ( #174 )

When my laptop freezes when trying to scroll down an internet page
Waiting for online orders (kobo mini, come to meeee)
When my friend calls me insensitive, argumentative, and overcomplaining, right when she's watching movies on her (expensive, fancy, shiny) iPod touch and painting her nails all day
When I deposit too much money into my bank account and am left to pay my parents for online purchases using exact change (as in $80 in coins?)
People who are afraid of tofu
When certain people forget the legal driving age in my region and hence forget a whole load of other stuff (for privacy reasons i won't say who, what, or where)
"...so please tell me what there's to complain about." ~Onerepublic

Famous Last Words.x

• famous-last-wordsx user photo

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:49 AM ( #175 )

• How all these 'anti-bullying awareness' things are more used to boost bullies reputation by pretending to care, rather than to do the intended, to raise awareness and stop bullying (More explanation/rant under spoiler)

Spoiler

Edited by Famous Last Words.x, 20 October 2012 - 04:55 AM.

• TamaMum and +[ b r u t a l ]+ like this

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:18 AM ( #176 )

• How all these 'anti-bullying awareness' things are more used to boost bullies reputation by pretending to care, rather than to do the intended, to raise awareness and stop bullying (More explanation/rant under spoiler)
Spoiler

It's not a major pet peeve for me but I do notice how some folks say they're bullied in school but don't see anything wrong in bullying or being mean to others if the opportunity presents itself.
No one likes to be on the outside. Most of us appreciate being liked and having friends - it's natural, but if you say you hate bullies, why act like one yourself towards someone who is weaker or less confident than you...?
  • +[ b r u t a l ]+, Famous Last Words.x and The Ultimate Doomer like this

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:36 AM ( #177 )

(snip)

Erm, you keep saying Tamagotchi is girly but the debate is about the anime (and not the Yume Kira Dreams one either), and have you actually seen it? Quite a few eps here and there are girly but the majority are all awesome and have adventures and focus on boy characters. Like there's one where Mametchi and his friends go into Spacytchi's house, which is actually a spaceship, but the friends don't know and Kuchipatchi accidentally makes it blast off into space...will they ever get home? :o And there's another where Gotchi King gets a terrible disease and Mametchi and his buddies venture into a mysterious cave which may hold the key to Gotchi King's recovery...sorry for blabbering so much but the Tamagotchi is enjoyable for both boys and girls. 8(

When my children say "Ugh! That's disgusting! I hate it!" about a meal I've just spend an hour preparing (after a full, tiring day at work) and a meal that everyone ate quite happily without any complaint whatsoever last week (... and last month and a few months before....) - especially when they really mean "I'm sorry, I've kind of gone off this recipe for now, can you avoid cooking it for a while...?"

I feel your pain, pal, but in my case I have a right to be grossed out by what my mama gives me because it's always either 1. A week past the use by date or 2. Full of stuff she should know I'm allergic to. :P

Now, my major pet peeve is...when somebody just randomly comes along and looks into my room for a split second for NO REASON. What purpose does it serve?! :o

ウサギ

• &-12454;&-12469;&-12462; user photo

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:25 AM ( #178 )

my pet peeves are:

kids under 14 with cellphones
Toddlers and Tiaras
school
honey boo boo
being woken up for no reason.

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:55 AM ( #179 )

Now, my major pet peeve is...when somebody just randomly comes along and looks into my room for a split second for NO REASON. What purpose does it serve?! :o

Maybe someone cares enough about you to check that you're OK (and haven't died from all the disgusting stuff your Mum should know you're allergic to...?) ;]
  • Eternal Mametchi Fan likes this

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:29 PM ( #180 )

When characters in my tamas are put to sleep without at least one hungry/happy heart filled...