The United States of Zombieland

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

.chasm.

Reaction score
Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland.

What, whaddya know? Looks like we pushed America, probably the whole world, just that one bit too far, and it decided to bite back by giving us these undead freaks. These aren't just the slow, groaning monsters from late-night horror movies you watched when your parents weren't home. These are the real deal. They're fast, they're bloodythirsty, and they'll be willing to kill you if they get the chance.

Looks like you're one of the lucky ones. Maybe you had a secret gun somewhere, and you managed to pop a few into your neighbour-turned-dead-man-walking. Maybe you're counting on finding some survivours that can take care of you. Whatever, we don't really care. We all have to stick together now, right?

We don't go by first names. We go by the name of the town that we're headed for, where we want to go for our last bit of pleasure before we're eaten alive. We can't be getting too close in this world, can we? Not when one of us could die at any moment. There are other rules, rules that you need to follow if you want to live. We'll just have to see what they are along the way, won't we?

Well, you're briefed. You know what you're up against. You're ready. Oh, but one more thing.

Welcome to Zombieland.

Rules:

- Okay, I want people to be able to at least make a three line post in this RP. I haven't put it in the Seriously RP section because I'm not someone to expect novels for every post, but try your best.

- No, I repeat no Mary-Sues, Gary-Stus or any of their cousins. Also, if your character is revealed to be a kawaii, then you're out.

- Yes, this is a zombie RP. Yes, this will have guns, quite possibly death, and at least a bit of blood. But please, keep it PG-13.

- I know that the film this is based off swears and drops innuendos like there's no tomorrow. That doesn't mean this RP has to follow suit.

- Please don't use canon characters. I know I mentioned the rules, but our group can figure them out for themselves. Canon characters are no fun.

- I will approve your forms, and I reserve the right to kick you out if you break any of the rules.

Form:

Nickname:

Looks:

Personality:

Weapons: (Keep it realistic. How many bazukas will you find in Zombieland America?)

Other:

(I will post my form in a bit, because I'm finished after typing all of that. Just don't take the town names Phoenix and Ontario. You can start RPing as soon as your form is accepted)

Last edited by a moderator:
Name:paris

Looks:Wavey Dark Brown hair,Emarald green eyes

Personality:Fast,Smart,but not a leader,can be stubburn

Weapons:hammer,wrench,rope

Other:short finger nails from biting on them all the time,Carring some other tools she grabbed from the tool box that might help

Your form is rejected because of the length, Tamagotchi Forever. Also, how does your character expect to get to Paris from America?

Nickname: Phoenix

Looks: Phoenix has dark brown hair, that she pulls away from her face in a messy ponytail or bun - there's not much point in bothering with your looks when you might be about to die, right? Her full fringe is growing quickly, so it is usually in her blue eyes, and it may be plastered to her forehead by sweat if she's been running. She doesn't tower over people, but she isn't exactly small, standing at 5'6 with an athletic build. When she raids for clothes, she usually tries to find just jeans and a plain t-shirt, which she wears with her own jacket and combats boots. She has taken it upon herself to carry ammo, so she carries a bag packed with reloads, and a few spare guns for newcomers.

Personality: Phoenix finds herself quite at home in Zombieland, because of her love of combat and, more importantly, guns. She knows enough about them to have a fair advantage, so she usually takes care of them in the group. Her attitude is very much attack first, question later, so the group members wouldn't want to get on her bad side. Especially not when she has her pistol with her, that she has grown quite attatched to. She has a temper that will flare up more than it is good to, and her rash decisions could put the group in danger if it involves the undead. She doesn't want to get close to anyone in here, and she knows enough to keep alive.

Weapons: Phoenix has a normal pistol that she has grown rather attatched to, so much so that she will attack anyone stupid enough to touch it. She also keeps a shotgun in any car she uses, for more power if they're attacked by a horde, and a crowbar.

Other: Nope

Nickname: Ontario

Looks: Ontario has messy brown hair, that sticks up in all directions no matter what he does with it. It's been even worse for the last couple of weeks, because he hasn't been able to do anything at all with it. At 5'4, he doesn't exactly tower over people, and he is rather scrawny in appearance. His pale complexion tends to make him look very sickly, and he has an overall washed tone. He is usally wearing a flannel shirt with jeans or shorts.

Personality: Ontario is a very awkward addition to the group, for the sheer fact that he is useless against the zombies. He doesn't much like using the guns, because they freak him out, and he doesn't think that he would be very good at using them. He is a fast runner, or he wouldn't have been able to survive longer than a minute, but he has to reply on the stronger members of the group to help him. He isn't very good at planning attacks or routes either, and his ideas would usually lead the members to death if they took his advice.

Weapons: He doesn't dare to carry any, so he uses any blunt objec he can hind to hit the zombies.

Other: Nope

(When the RP starts, the group hasn't formed. Lone members may or may not have met each other, but tey haven't all joined up)

Form:

Nickname: Eagle

Looks: 6'1, skinny with a mess of medium brown hair that he obsessively brushes back with his hands. He has light brown eyes with flecks of yellow that really stand out in the sunlight. At the moment, he's wearing faded blue jeans that are ripped up in the knees and the ankles and a long sleeve brown top that he roles up to his elbows. To finish of the look, he wears a big, red-checkered vest. He used to be a skinny, nerdy guy that hung out in his basement all day so he's still pretty pale, but he's getting darker and more muscular the longer he outruns the zombies.

Personality: Eagle is quick witted and likes to prove how smart he is. From all that time he spent in his basement, he learned a lot about fighting zombies, so he's well equipped in the head. He treats people rudely sometimes but he's not a bad guy. It just takes some getting used to before you like him. He's a logistical planner, he thinks before he acts and likes to have a plan before he does anything reckless. Eagle's been pretty independent all his life. Most of his friends were online. And he has ambition is to track his best mate down who he knows is still on the run but he has no idea where he might be.

Weapons: Desert Eagle 44 hand gun. That's how he got his nickname. Or at least, that's what he tells people. In all honesty, he picked the weapon because it had his nickname in it's title. The nickname Eagle was the shortform of his MMORPG user: Eagle_Fighter.

Other: ...

(Accepted~)

Phoenix looked up from her bag after fishing out a reload for her pistol, and peered around the corner of the wall. Yep, they were still there, and they were fast. She swore under her breath, reloading her gun and sliding along the wall. She didn't want to waste her ammo if she could help it, so she was opting for the sneak-away method. That method was ruined slighty by the appearance of another zombie, to the other side of her and fast approaching. She stifled a scream, not wanting any others to find her, and grabbed her crowbar from her belt. A couple of slam-hits to it's head were enoug hto make the zombie drop to the floor, and she shot it in the head with her pistol to makwe sure that it was dead.

Ontario sat in the Toyota Hilux he had managed to hijack a short while ago. He drummed his fingers on the steering wheel, not really knowing what he could do, and instead started the car up, peeling it out of the driveway and driving slowly down the road.

Eagle walked down a quiet street. Quiet because most people who had residency there were now dead or otherwise, undead. It was a bit surprising when you looked around the neighbourhood and see all the grass tall and flowerbeds spilling out of their boxes. Windows broken and doors splattered it blood. That was the truth of it all though he supposed.

There was a noise behind him that sounded like an engine. He quickly spun around pulling out his gun and pointing it at the car rolling toward him. It took him a moment to remember that zombies couldn't drive and his heart rate slowed for a moment before rapidly picking up again. Another human? He ran toward the car and waved his hands in the air, trying to show the driver that he was alive.

"Stop! Stop!"

Ooc- I love this movie!

Nickname: Jackson

Looks: He's about 5'8, tall, pale and scrawny. He has reddish-brown hair, that's longer in the front than in the back. It falls in front of his face when he's calm, though that doesn't happen very often. He has brown eyes and requires glasses, though he never actually wears them. He has a sort of scholarly look about him, with a slightly pointed nose, and his usual attire consists of a dress shirt with a tie and plain black pants. Even if the whole world has been taken over by the brain munchers, he can still dress nicely.

Personality: Jackson is a bit of a coward. Scratch that, he's a LOT of a coward. He never went out for Hallow'een, never went to late night parties, never did anything in the least dangerous. He's a nice guy, but he often overreacts to the smallest things. He has high moral standards, making him seem like a bit of a goody-two-shoes, and he can be a little difficult to get along with, but he's a great person once you get to know him (and ignore him when he starts to rant, as he can go on for a long time.)

Weapons: He doesn't have any guns, so instead he uses anything he can find. He's very partial to using umbrellas.

Other: All his life he's prepared himself for any kind of apocalyptic event. Aliens, ghosts, vampires, and of course, zombies. So when the world decided to go haywire, he was ready. So in retrospect, it's kind of a good thing he's a coward. He built himself a cellar where he could hide in the event of a zombieapocalypse, with food, clothing, lighting and all that. It wasn't well hidden, but the fact that zombies are simply corpses that have been reanimated in such a way that they have no real intelligence kept them from finding him.

He was born in Jackson, Tennessee, so that's where he's headed. Hence the nickname.

Nickname: Mal

Looks: She's 5'7, with orange hair, hazel-green eyes, and a bit of a crooked nose. Like your typical ginger, she is very freckly, and very pale, being unable to tan without being burnt. She's always been health-conscious, so she's kind of lean, with some slight muscle. She usually wears jeans with a t-shirt, especially if the t-shirt has a message that's in poor taste considering the circumstances.

Personality: Mal's a little controlling. She needs things done a certain way, so for the most part she does things for herself. She likes to think she knows what she's doing in the zombieapocalypse because she's a big fan of the Resident Evil games, however, she never actually played them herself. She usually just watched her boyfriend play it, before he caught brain munchers disease. Even so, she likes to think she's knowledgeable on the subject and will generally not listen to anyone else's plans. She's a real pain-in-the-ar*e, but she's not bad with a gun, and if you're willing to do as she says and accept that your suggestions probably won't be taken to heart, she isn't too bad to be around.

Weapons: Her father's old Glock 17 pistol.

Other: She's already seen her whole family as zombies, so she has no where to actually go. During her aimless wandering she came across Jackson's zombie-proof hideout, and since misery loves company, she decided that she'd go with him to find his family. Actually, she's the only reason he left his hideout.

She took her nickname from Malcolm Reynolds from the television show Firefly.

(Accepted~ It's one of my favourite movies xD)

Ontario looked up, widening his eyes. He didn't actually know that there were other people - up until now, he'd thought he was the only one left. He stopped the car, not knowing whether this was a trick, and wound down the window. "Uh...How the hell are you alive?" He had said the first thing is his head, not really thinking. "Where you heading to?"

Phoenix looked up from the bleeding zombie, breathing heavily. That had been a close one. The crunch of gravel from behind her gave her a warning of other zombies, and she grabbed her crowbar again, turning to face them. A couple more swings of it and they were lying at her feet, but she didn't waste bullets with a headshot this time. Instead, she turned and ran, her boots slamming into the ground wiht every step.

Eagle came to a halt outside the window of the man's car, "How am I alive? How the hell are you alive?" He said, appalled, "I'm from Greater Landover... Washington," He mumbled, looking around him for zombies. Checking over your shoulder every few minutes was a good self-preservation idea, "I've been... walking for a while now. Haven't found a single person, where have you been hiding out?"

"I'm alive by a combination of luck and a small town," Ontario said, frowning. "I didn't think anyone else in the world would be lucky enough to survive like me, though." He shrugged, resting his hands on the wheel again. "I've been driving around mainly. I don't really get out of the car, because that's when they get you." He opened his mouth to speak again, maybe ask a couple more questions, but he stopped dead when Phoenix appeared behind Eagle, pointing her gun directly at Ontario's head. "Get out of the car. Now."

Eagle froze in place, a shiver running down his back. A female's voice was coming from directly behind him. There were two other living people now? He put his hands up and turned around to face the girl. She looked younger than him, maybe 18 or 19, and quite a bit shorter, he could take her... Maybe, "Who are you?" He asked, assertively.

Ooc- Thanks :D And yeah it's definitely my favourite zombie movie :p

Jackson looked over his shoulder for the upteenth time, trying, yet again, to spot any zombies that could be coming along behind them. He couldn't see anything, and when he turned around again, he saw that Mal wasn't waiting up for him like he thought she would. She was getting sick of him always looking over his shoulder. He ran over to catch up to her, his already racing heart going just a little bit faster at the thought of a zombie coming at him while he didn't have anything to fight back with. "Hey, hey, hey, Mal?" he spoke in a whisper when he caught up to her, in case the zombies could hear him talking. "So, uh, I was thinking, Mal, I don't really need to find my family. They're probably all dead anyway!" although he said it like he didn't actually care what had happened, his voice cracked, "S-so I don't see the need in going on. I could just go back to my hideout- and hey, you could come too! Of course you could, I mean, there's really no reason for either of us to be risking our lives out here. I mean, you have no family, I probably have no family, and really, what else is there to keep us out here? So I really think we should go back before the zombies find us, whataya say? We could fix up the hideout, it could be fun! I mean, just think abou-"

"Shhh!" Mal turned around to face him, with a finger on her lips, and indicated two people standing by a car up ahead. Jackson immediately shut up, and the two of them hid behind a truck, in order to observe the group up ahead. Mal couldn't help but feel grateful for the quiet.

Ontario followed suit, taking his hands off the wheel slowly and holding his hands up to Phoenix. "W-what? Why do I need to get out of the car?" Phoenix ignored him, turning to Eagle and pointing her gun at him. "I'm the girl who's about to take the car. I'm heading for Phoenix. It's probably way further than you want to go, so I need this more." She turned back to Ontario, stepping forward. "Out." Ontario opened the door slowly, sliding out. "What, you're just going to...take my car and go on your way?"

"Yes. Have you got a problem with that?"

"Hey," Eagle said, getting angry with this lady, "We need this car as much as you do. It's good protection, and a helpful weapon. You can't just take it from us." He reached his hand down slowly while she was turned away from him and facing Ontario. He slipped the Desert Eagle out of it's sheath and aimed it.

"You got that?" He switched the safety off with a click, letting her know that he had a gun pointed right at her head.

Phoenix froze when she saw the gun, slowly turning to face Eagle. She pocketed her gun, holding her hands up and looking up at him innocently. "There. You wouldn't hurt a defenseless young woman, would you? You're holding a gun and I'm not." Ontario frowned, looking between the two in front of him. "Uh...I don't think it's a good idea for anyone to shoot anyone else. "I think we should just...put them all away and talk. Why is everyone headed where they're headed?" It was a relatively brave stab at restoring peace, but Phoenix made him shrink back with a simple glare.

Eagle glared at Phoenix, not taking his eyes off her. He distrusted her, "You," He said, indicating Ontario with his free hand, "Take her gun." He looked Phoenix up and down, she looked pretty healthy, "I don't have a destination," He answered Ontario, "I'm just looking for a friend. Who I will find."

Phoenix raised her eyebrows at Eagle, not daring to believe what he had told Ontario to do. "What? You can't take my gun I'm not going to use it to take the car, okay?" She wasn't being exactly truthful, but it didn't matter, because Ontario stepped forwards and slid her gun out of her pocket, giving a small shrug and an apolegetic look. He didn't want to start any fights, but right now he had decided to listen to the guy with the Desert Eagle. Phoenix scowled, folding her arms. "What, you're just leaving me out here to die? Give me back my gun. Now."

Eagle almost laughed but held it back, "Look. You're human, I'm human, this guy's human," He gestured the gun at Ontario, "Might as well stick together, eh?" He raised his eyebrows and sheathed his gun, "I'm Eagle. What's your name?"

Phoenix shook her head. "No names. Names mean you get too attatched. Just call me Phoenix. It'll make it easier to remember where I'm headed." She was still scowling about the fact that her gun had been taken away from her, and she wasn't so keen on joining a group. She definitely didn't want to get attatched to any of them. She turned to Ontario, watching Eagle and, more importantly, his gun out of the corner of her eye. "Where are you headed?"

"Ontario. I want to see everything there." He turned to Eagle, holding Phoenix's gun out. "What are we doing with this?" He wasn't keen on holding it for much longer.

Eagle rolled his eyes and took the gun from Ontario and opened the barrel, removing the bullets, then put both the bullets, and the gun in his backpack.

"Phoenix... Okay." Then he looked at Ontario. "Ontario, huh?" He looked around, "Which Ontario? Oregon? California? Surely you don't want to go to Canada..." He said, with a bit of a smile. He tilted his head to the side and ran his hands through his hair. Unfortunately, his hair was getting pretty greasy, he hadn't showered in three days since it was so dangerous. He had to find a very secure location before he would take his clothes and weapons off willingly and be in a room where sound from the outside was muffled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back