Camp Elmwood

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Escape.Me

Reaction score
  • - - C a m p E l m w o o d

Camp Elmwood is a summer camp located in the middle of no where. It's a breathtaking site with different cabins for campers, and one large cabin that contains a lounge, kitchen, and the counselors rooms. This place is not easily affordable, and is only open for four months time in the summer. It's meant to be a safe, and free environment and most teens enjoy their time here. There is a beautiful lake with a very long dock not more than ten minutes walking distance from all the cabins. It is a camp directed towards teens in high school, ages 15-18. You will be assigned a cabin, and be expected to follow all the camp rules once you arrive. At this camp they don't usually organize events and stuff, it's just a relaxing, fun time! Have fun! On the arrival night there is a large welcoming party. It is to be held in the main hall of the camp.

- No anime.

- Follow TT rules.

- Literate, 4 sentences at most.

- Have fun!

Name:

Appearance: No anime, pictures are fine if you want

Personality: Couple sentences please

Blurbs: Put whatever you want here, favorite color, theme song, whatever you like lol

Camper/Counselor:

Other:

{ Start off by being on the bus, then get off and find a cabin. }

Last edited by a moderator:
_

Name:
Lane Keith Twiss

Appearance:

https://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af184/britishmunster/22123.jpg-
https://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af184/britishmunster/22123.jpg

Personality:
Lane is open, friendly, inclusive and highly (even unrealistically) optimistic. In common with most young men, he is a risk taker and believes himself to be indestructible, when in this case, he is not. He is also easily distracted, often breaking into rants about things that have nothing to do with the current situation, far-fetched stories about his brother and indulging in a flight of fantasy about several things in the future: all at the most inconvenient of times. Being born in the city of Savannah, he presents himself as a goofy, beer-loving country guy with an artless and naive world view. But Lane's irrepressible optimism leads to some mixed relationships with other people, who usually cannot figure out if Lane is genuinely oblivious to the world around him or if he has a highly resilient, tough-minded personality who chooses to mask or defend it behind a light-hearted surface persona. Although his seeming obliviousness to the severity of the situation implies that he is rather naive or even unintelligent, this view is gravely mistaken: he is not stupid, as he proves many times over tough situations. Whatever is supposed to be the truth, Lane shows the view that life is a thrill-laden adventure whilst his open and friendly nature allows him to form affectionate bonds with people (if they let him) effortlessly. He is one who is quick to claim everyone as his friends.

Blurbs:
Born and raised in Savannah, Georgia, because of this he is your typical country hick. Has a very thick southern accent.

Camper/Counselor:
Camper

Other:
-

Name: William Mott

Appearance: William goes for the hippy, california surfer look, though he's never actually been to the place. The male stands at exactly 6'0. Just enough to tower slightly above average, yet not freakishly so. He is slim as well, with a light padding of muscle underneath, and a distinctly v-shaped torso set on long, athletic legs. His features are light and chiseled, nothing to distinguishing if it weren't for the long scar on the left side of his face starting from his cheekbone and extending to his forehead (he doesn't like to talk about it...). His eyes are an astonishing swirl of greens and blues and hidden behind colourfully framed spectacles. His whole face is surrounded by his dark blonde dreads which hang slightly below shoulder length.

Personality: He's unusually quiet, for a man of his age. Preferring to stray to the side-lines and observe rather than take part in any event. This being said, when a situation calls for it, he is a passionate, and articulate speaker, using a natural charisma of sorts to hold an audience's attention. He brings this charisma with him wherever he goes, being that many people are simply reassured, for lack of a better word, by him. If one would stay around him long enough to hold his trust and companionship, they would find him a loyal, faithful friend. He'll always be there to help his friends, be it holding your hair back while you vomit from the other side of the mote of vodka you just drank, or being the person to hang out with after your girlfriend dumped you, he'll be there, and at least pretend to care if he doesn't. He tends to hold back a considerable amount of wit and sarcasm, often times unsuccesfully, but one has to appreciate the effort.

Blurbs: Born somewhere in British Columbia (that's in Canada, for you Americans), and was shipped to his Grandmother's, who then sent him here for the summer.

Camper/Counselor: Camper.

Other: -

Name:Alkaia Rain Brooks

Appearance: ~

Personality: Alkaia is very shy and keeps to herself most of the time. Mostly sitting aside and listening to music rather than interacting with any people. She can be a little coldhearted when you first meet her, but she's actually very kind and caring. Alkaia doesn't really catch the attention of anyone, nor does she have any friends. She is very self conscious and doesn't take criticism well. She is quite skinny, often being called anorexic and underweight. She is slightly emo, though she doesn't really follow the emo style. She is a good friend to have by your side when you're hurting. She is trustworthy and is the type of person you can entrust your secrets to. She has a good sense of humor and loves to tell jokes to people that actually pay attention to her. If you do make friends with her, she can be a little clingy since she has never really had any good friends before.

Blurbs: She carries her iPod with her everywhere. She hates her name Alkaia and her nickname Alky, so she prefers that people call her by her middle name.

Camper/Counselor: Camper

Other:-

Name: Nathan "Nate" Larson

Appearance: Nate is a white guy who has an average height at 5'8, and an average weight of 142 pounds. He has short, light brown hair, which he doesn't really do anything to since he doesn't really care about his hair, as long as it's easy to maintain and keep clean. Nate has blue eyes. When it comes to clothing, since he's pretty much your average American teen, his regular everyday outfit consists of jeans, a t-shirt, and depending on the weather, a hoodie or a jacket. Shoes, Nate will wear Nikes.

Personality: As a jock, you would think that Nate is another 'roid ripped, sex crazed, jerk, but Nate is basically on the opposite spectrum of the jock meter. Nate is a very easygoing guy who carries himself in a rather carefree manner. He is athletic and is in his high school's men swim team, and the men's varsity soccer team. He is outgoing, and a friendly guy. While he may be a great athlete, he stinks at school and always barely manages to scrape by with only C's, mainly by being tutored by his buddies right before the big tests in order to get that C. While he could study, he absolutely hates studying outside of school, since he'd rather train, or go hang out with friends. At this point, he probably sounds like a near perfect person. Not. Due to his older brother who is way more athletically and academically talented, Nate is almost always overshadowed, to the point he simply began to stop seeing his own self worth. Nate isn't confident in his own abilities, and avoids having overly large dreams and goals because he knows they won't come true. He constantly compares himself to his brother, and also thinks he isn't good enough. 'Course, he isn't emo and all "Oh I wanna cut myself boohoohoo" if that's what you're wondering. He doesn't seem to enjoy living at home because it's not very fun whenever he wants to go grab some food from the fridge, which is covered in achievements his older brother fulfilled. The only reason he continues to train and work hard in sports is for his own happiness.

Blurbs: Nate was born and raised in Northern Oregon, close to Portland. He always carries his phone with him.

Other: Is a dreadful artist and singer. You'll never get to hear him sing, even if you forced him.

Name: Nickolas Crusoe

Appearance: Nick

Personality: People say that he should stop being so snobbish and crude. When he is really talking to you, he tends to be pretty rude to the point where you want him to shut up and go back to being quiet. He is not calling myself an elitist or anything like that, but he is just saying, generally, he can come off as snobbish just because that's how he really acts around people. When he meets people, he doesn't instantly judge them and make himself better than him/her, but rather he can act mean because it's easier being emotionally cut off from a lot people. Since his mom raised him up to be a rich boy, now he is pretty composed, which means he won't go crying oceans when someone breaks up with him (he usually the bearer of bad news so it doesn't matter anyways), and he won't crack too bad if you verbally abuse him unless it is someone he truly cares for. That's why he can put huge amounts of effort into the things he DOES care about - he is not worrying about what people will think of him so he can do whatever he wants without reserve.

Blurbs: Being low on cash because of the big gambler he is, he was forced to take this job for the summer, doesn't really like kids.

Camper/Counselor: Counselor

Other: -

_

Soft, distorted light had sifted through the leaves masking the tops of the trees. Amid the falling greens, some which had taken to scattering themselves across the ground, came a male, who happened to be stepping off the bus that just arrived. Tall and lean, who bulked on a decent build, Lane's eyes, bright and wide stared at the camp before him. The camp he was going to stay at for a few months, now this was pretty exciting. "Well would you look'it here!" the hick said while flashing a pair of pearly whites, "Ain't this purdy cool." Lane took a few steps around the back and gathered his one lone suitcase from the man emptying the bus, nodding his head in appreciation. "Why thank ya, kind sir, y'er too nice! Ya know, it'd be purdy cool to have more people like you. Alotta people really don't care, but let's just say, I do!" he rambled on, using hand gestures, "We should be friends, maybe we can meet up later? Well, it depends, if I'm busy er not, or if y'er busy. 'Cause I'm just some camper here, my ma and pa forced me to come, but by the looks of this place, it looks awfully nice! And y'er probably some staff, got work of y'er own, like that matters anyway."

Alkaia carefully stepped out of the bus and observed her surroundings with a smile. Leaves scattered all along the ground around her. Sunlight dappled the ground through the leaves in the canopy of the tall trees and an occasional bird chirped or flew about. She ran her fingers through her long brown hair and began gently winding her headphones around her iPod. "Seems like a really nice place.." she whispered to herself. She glanced over and spotted her suitcase along with the man emptying the bus, and a guy talking with him. She quietly sauntered up and grabbed her suitcase, hoping no one would notice her.

Nate, who had been sleeping on the bus on the way to Camp Elmwood, slowly opened his eyes and woke up just as the bus arrived. When it stopped, he got out of the bus and then walked over to the guy who was emptying the bus, eyes searching the pile of luggage for his suitcase. Once he spotted it, he stepped forward, grabbed it by the handle, and walked away from the pile and the crowd of other fellow campers who had also just gotten out of the bus and were now looking for their luggage. At least at this camp, he was away from home, which made him very, very happy. With a sigh, he glanced around, taking in his surroundings. Hopefully, for the entire time he was at this Camp, the weather would stay nice and pleasant like this.

Will thanked the (admittedly exasperated looking) driver for his ride and stepped off the bus and into the fresh wilderness air. He paused, closing his eyes for a moment to take in the sounds of the place, there weren't many. A few birds chirped pleasantly in the distance, a few kids were commenting on the scenery, and a distinct country twang spoken probably by the cute boy on the bus sounded near. The male gave a deep sigh, opened his eyes, and continued to where he supposed the luggage would be unloaded, hoping to retrieve the bag into which he foolishly packed his book that he so desperatly needed when he was on the bus.

Just his luck, Nick happened to be the one pulling out each suitcase from the hold in the back of the bus, trying his best to prevent from throwing each one out. He hated this job, he really did, he hated kids and hated having anything to do with them. This wasn't for him, he would rather be in Vegas right now, gambling or using the money he didn't have to good use. Letting out an exaggerated sigh, he used most of his strength to pull out one of the largest suitcases, pink and decorated with flowers; most likely a girl who packed a million clothes and supplies she absolutely didn't need, in the hold and set it down softly. "There, are there anymore?" he mumbled to himself, poking his head in just to check.

"Why thank ya, kind sir, y'er too nice! Ya know.."

Frightened by this kid suddenly talking to him, Nick pulled his head out rather quickly and smacked it on the metal rim with a loud thud. Clutching the minor wound, he grumbled slightly, tuning out most of this redneck's rambling with his thoughts of anger. "Look kid, don't you have something better to do?" he grumbled, rolling his eyes at the heavy drawl in this kid's voice. Seemed like he didn't get out too often either. "I don't have time for any of this, now get on with it, go find a cabin."

_

"Heh, ya know the funny thing is, that I'll probably be workin' here after this year. I mean, I'm eighteen, it's mah last year of high school, so I have no idea what I'll do after all this. Mah ma said she had planned on me taking over mah pa's mechanic sho-" Lane was suddenly cut off when finally being spoke to, a flash of confusion dusting his young features at the rudeness of this man, which came out of nowhere. "Nah, I dunno what to do, I just got 'ere," he answered, tilting his head and giving it a light scratch. "A cabin?! Really? Man, I thought that we all were gon' sleep in tents. Shoot." he lifted his suitcase up with one hand and slung it over his shoulder lazily while eyeing this man. He surely didn't look like he fit in here. "Alright, well, uh.. I guess I'll see ya 'round then?" he said while turning, hoping he would get an answer back. The hick started to walk off, not really watching where he was going.

Alkaia dragged her suitcase along with her as she walked around. Her head was down as she scrolled through the songs on her iPod. She knew she should find her cabin soon, but she wanted to walk around a little first. She finally decided on the song 'Hero' by Skillet. She shoved her iPod into her pocket and began watching her feet as she walked, kicking stones and leaves. Alkaia began to quietly sing along with the music and wasn't paying attention when she ran into Lane. A fierce blush crept over her face when she realized she had bumped into someone. "I'm so sorry.." She said quietly, looking away and trying to keep her face from view.

Retreiving his black duffel from the ground, William hung it around his slim torso. He looked around, dazed for a moment at where to go, and how to get there. The boy simply nervously adjusted his glasses, brushed his dreads out of his face, and sauntered aimlessly around, looking for someone who might've had even a notion of what to do now that they were off the bus.

Name: Abby Brooke O'leary.

Appearance: Naturally straight light brown hair that goes down to the middle of her back, a long side bang but she usually wears it back because she's trying to grow it out. Big light brown eyes with dark lashes. Small nose that goes down straight then sticks up a bit at the tip. Small mouth and thin lips with a gorgeous smile. Small face. Tan skin. Skinny with an almost athletic figure because she's at dance almost seven days a week. About average height, with long legs. Doesn't really have much acne or freckles, maybe the smallest bit of acne on her back.

Personality: Sometimes shy but mostly outgoing, used to being the popular one, she's mostly selfless but and can be very selfish at times. She loves attention, as most people would, and spends most of her time out with friends or at her dance lessons. She likes to swim, run, play volleyball, and sing. She's one of those people with a singing voice that can belt out a tune and usually try out for big musicals and things. She's also decently smart, some A's and B's, C's here and there. Her main interests are dancing, music, and being with friends. She's basically a typical teenager. Besides her parents.

Blurbs: ...

Other: Her mother had her when she was 15 and her father was a drug addict and died from drug overdose only a month ago. Her mom, though her and her mother are close like best friends, sent her to a camp to figure out things and just to relax, saying she needed time alone. So Abby was sent to Camp Elmwood since it was cheap and seemed like a decent place to stay for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back