Help for people who want a TamaGo

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

superchamagirl

Reaction score
Ever since I releaized that the Tamago is horrible, I don't want anyone to WASTE their money on this cheap scam. Although this is the newest model, ALL the older models are WAY better! No more naming your Tama. -10 points. Rememeber on the Music Star, when the store on it sold music, toys, clothes, and food. Well on the TamaGo, now you have to buy a Chamametchi figure and a Memetchi figure JUST to be able to get some clothes and toys for your Tama. -15 points. And this version is humungous. -15 points. As you can see on this model, they want you to buy extra figures for what you can get on the toy on older models. So do your self a favor and buy yourself a v6, v5, or a 4.5.

Total points earned: -40,great job Tama-go.

I totally agree with you superchamagirl,the Tama-go was (in my opinion) terrible.What did Bandai give us?An over priced easter egg.I mean seriously,theres alot of empty space inside the Tama-go,it could have easily been half it's size.Minus 10 points.And the figures...$7 for something that might register as a lite figure,great.That's another -15 points.Way to go Bandai.Yes,It was fun when I fist got it but after 15 generations,it starts to get old.I don't know,I guess the Tama-go is lacking pizzaz or something.It's just not my favorite version.

New total: -65 points

Saying that the Tama-Go is horrible is just an opinion. I'll agree with you that I don't like that we can't name the Tamagotchis, and that the figures could be less expensive, but personally, I like the size, the simplicity, and the ability to change face-plates and unlock new games with a figurine. So, there are some nice positive features to the Tama-Go :)

Even the fact that you can't name it doesn't matter. You can still name it, just now the name isn't limited to 5 or 8 letters! You could name it Sacagawea and not have to limit letters! I think the no name feature is actually a good thin.

Oh come on guys!!!

Are you really all that negative towards the TMGO?? [apart from Violetchiluvr3] Who i agree with, the no name feature on the TMGO is actually pretty good because this way you can name your tama whatever you want! I just happen to have all of the wave 2 TMGOS and the complete set of wave 1 gotchi figs. And i do agree that the gotchi figs are a bit of a rip-off and yes the size of the TMGO is a bit to large but hey on the bright side at least you won't lose it!! So really the TMGO isn't all that bad and I know there are heaps of people on here that own one!! I find the TMGO fun, it has features on it that are apparently a bit like the IDL and hey that's the closest I'm ever gonna get to one of those!!! So that's my opinon of the TMGO and i know everyone is entitled to their own but you know just saying what I think :p

Sakura-san123

Oh come on guys!!!

Are you really all that negative towards the TMGO?? [apart from Violetchiluvr3] Who i agree with, the no name feature on the TMGO is actually pretty good because this way you can name your tama whatever you want! I just happen to have all of the wave 2 TMGOS and the complete set of wave 1 gotchi figs. And i do agree that the gotchi figs are a bit of a rip-off and yes the size of the TMGO is a bit to large but hey on the bright side at least you won't lose it!! So really the TMGO isn't all that bad and I know there are heaps of people on here that own one!! I find the TMGO fun, it has features on it that are apparently a bit like the IDL and hey that's the closest I'm ever gonna get to one of those!!! So that's my opinon of the TMGO and i know everyone is entitled to their own but you know just saying what I think :p

Sakura-san123
Once, when my 4 tama-gos were on my bed and I was asleep, I lost it behind the bed. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this topic didn't have to be made. If someone wanted a Tama-go but they were unsure about it, they should go to this log made by Binary and read through it.

The tama-go is one of my favourite versions. I love that you can customise it with the faceplates and figures, the size doesn't bother me because I'm REALLY clumsy and the older versions slip out of my hands easily. I also like the no name feature, you could name a Tama-go qwertyuiopasdfghjkklzxcvbnmn but you couldn't name a V3 that could you? There are tons of games on it with the figures. The reason Bandai made only 2 games to they can persuade you to buy figures to extend the fun! it wouldnt make sense to get an extra game when there are already 5 games built into it. The figures are VERY cheap, fity cents at Target!

Daang I wish I could start up my tama-go again!

Well this topic didn't have to be made. If someone wanted a Tama-go but they were unsure about it, they should go to this log made by Binary and read through it.

The tama-go is one of my favourite versions. I love that you can customise it with the faceplates and figures, the size doesn't bother me because I'm REALLY clumsy and the older versions slip out of my hands easily. I also like the no name feature, you could name a Tama-go qwertyuiopasdfghjkklzxcvbnmn but you couldn't name a V3 that could you? There are tons of games on it with the figures. The reason Bandai made only 2 games to they can persuade you to buy figures to extend the fun! it wouldnt make sense to get an extra game when there are already 5 games built into it. The figures are VERY cheap, fity cents at Target!

Daang I wish I could start up my tama-go again!
$8 figurines at Toysrus -.-

HOW DO YOU GUYS MANAGE TO LIVE A LIFE WHILE RUNNING A TAMA-GO?

Games: Last 100 seconds. Talk about impossible to sneak into school.

Shops: Everything's a waste of money. No items without figures.

TamaTown: Literally hacked to pieces.

"Features": Potty training: Stresses you up. Park: Maybe an okay feature. Dating place: Come ON! You get them on the V5 and the iD L and the iD and the TMGC+C!

So I may be a modern Tama fan, but I'm a Tama-Go hater.

Woooah, okay, I understand that you don't like the Tama-go, but seriously you're taking this too far.

There is NO need to start up a TOPIC just to hate on the Tama-go.

I personally love it, it's simple and cute, and guess what? Everyone has their own opinion.

I think it's just childish to make a topic to hate on a version of Tamagotchi. Bandai worked very hard on it and you go ahead and bash it to pieces?

I don't really care about the size, I loooove the games even without the figures, the park and dating place is cute, and I'm not playing with mine currently but I think the shop is fine...?

And why is the potty training so bad? If you get stressed out by it why do you even bother? It's not like you have to, its just another extra feature which is great in my opinion.

And also, a "modern Tama fan" doesn't hate on any tamagotchis. If you're a fan of something its not right to love one thing and hate the other? If you like something, you like it for what it is. Maybe the Tama-go isn't the best version, but it's very immature to hate on it just because you don't like it.

Ever since I releaized that the Tamago is horrible, I don't want anyone to WASTE their money on this cheap scam. Although this is the newest model, ALL the older models are WAY better! No more naming your Tama. -10 points. Rememeber on the Music Star, when the store on it sold music, toys, clothes, and food. Well on the TamaGo, now you have to buy a Chamametchi figure and a Memetchi figure JUST to be able to get some clothes and toys for your Tama. -15 points. And this version is humungous. -15 points. As you can see on this model, they want you to buy extra figures for what you can get on the toy on older models. So do your self a favor and buy yourself a v6, v5, or a 4.5.
i still want one for my collection

I now love my TMGO now that im running it again, thanks to a certain convincer ;) . But you guys can still post your opinions if you want.

Once, when my 4 tama-gos were on my bed and I was asleep, I lost it behind the bed.
sad.gif
Really? Did you ever find them??? Anyway, my opinion hasn't changed about the TMGO since my last post i still think they are a really cool version, and i also think some people should give them a try before judging-i forgot to say this in my last post so I'm saying it now :D

Sakura-san123 <3

@Tama-Go fans, If you don't like the idea of this topic, y'don't have to post. ;D

Everyone has an opinion. Personally, I think the Tama-Go sucks. I used to like it, but ever since I bought the Tamagotchi Music Star, I realized that it's an oversized blue chicken turd. God, how I hate the potty train option. You stare at it for hours, straining your eyes until you see it "pee wiggle". And most of the time, you look away for a second and it takes the dump anyway, causing many to "ragequit", including myself. Other than that, it's too easy. The easy difficulty of getting training points by other means is a joke. Due to it's simplicity, you'd get a "Lovelytchi" (of course they'd spell it's name wrong) and a Kuromametchi almost all the time. The games take too long, and you can't do bull-... oh well, you get the point. The size of it is huge. You can't sneak it to school, and it's just awkward, because it looks like a fake Tamagotchi when you compare it to the other installments of the connections. The figures are a waste of your money. If you buy all wave 1 and 2 as, you'd lose $96 on the 12 figurines. The V4 had way more job games that were actually FUN, and it costs $14-$20. It's just a waste of money in my opinion.

@Tama-Go fans, If you don't like the idea of this topic, y'don't have to post. ;D

Everyone has an opinion. Personally, I think the Tama-Go sucks. I used to like it, but ever since I bought the Tamagotchi Music Star, I realized that it's an oversized blue chicken turd. God, how I hate the potty train option. You stare at it for hours, straining your eyes until you see it "pee wiggle". And most of the time, you look away for a second and it takes the dump anyway, causing many to "ragequit", including myself. Other than that, it's too easy. The easy difficulty of getting training points by other means is a joke. Due to it's simplicity, you'd get a "Lovelytchi" (of course they'd spell it's name wrong) and a Kuromametchi almost all the time. The games take too long, and you can't do bull-... oh well, you get the point. The size of it is huge. You can't sneak it to school, and it's just awkward, because it looks like a fake Tamagotchi when you compare it to the other installments of the connections. The figures are a waste of your money. If you buy all wave 1 and 2 as, you'd lose $96 on the 12 figurines. The V4 had way more job games that were actually FUN, and it costs $14-$20. It's just a waste of money in my opinion.
The only problem I have with this is that you stress that you realized this after you played with your Music Tama.

Which, of course, is a problem.

I made this analogy earlier, and, I'll make it again: You can't compare the two. You can't look at this Tama with any other in mind. Why? Because it's so different.

If I, myself, didn't take the T-G into face value for what it was, I may not like it either. However, I realize that comparing this with any other Tama is like comparing the Kindle Fire to the iPad. It won't work that way. They have some similarities, but, they are two completely different things and should be treated as such.

The only problem I have with this is that you stress that you realized this after you played with your Music Tama.

Which, of course, is a problem.

I made this analogy earlier, and, I'll make it again: You can't compare the two. You can't look at this Tama with any other in mind. Why? Because it's so different.

If I, myself, didn't take the T-G into face value for what it was, I may not like it either. However, I realize that comparing this with any other Tama is like comparing the Kindle Fire to the iPad. It won't work that way. They have some similarities, but, they are two completely different things and should be treated as such.
Did you read the whole review? I'm guessing not. ' :) In fact, the only thing I compared on with the MS is the size. The size of it makes it look like a dinosaur egg, and kuromametchifan123 CLEARLY stated that there's extra space for it to make it half the size. Thanks, Bandai, you made it a keep-home virtual pet. Completely different? Pfft. If Bandai was going to make a completely different item from the V1-MS, then please answer these questions. Why did Bandai create both the Tamagotchi and Tama-Go, rather than someone else make a third-party fake Tamagotchi (JD), seeing how you are comparing it to the Kindle Fire and iPad? Why are the figurine games similar, if not, same to the V4's mini/job games? If this is gonna become an argument, this topic should be locked.

I don't want to sound rude, it's just that this argument of V7 fans and V7 haters is getting boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back