How to get the balance right?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Now I have the strictest, most homework-giving teacher in the school AND I'm preapering for my 11+ exam (an exam that basically decides whether you get into a selective secondary school or not) and a SATS test. If I fail both of those exams, I'll have to go to a secondary school I REALLY don't want to go to, so I'm really concerned. I'm sitting both exams early next year, and I've begun to study for them. The problem is, I only study every other night because I forget. I think Tamagotchis may be getting in the way of my exam work, and my teacher is REALLY set on me getting all level 5's on my SATS test and I want to live up to that. So what do I need to do? I'm only running one Tamagotchi, but I won't stop my log, not ever. Should I switch to a less needy Tamagotchi (I currently have an iD L)? What do I do to leav more space for exam work, other than stop my log or stop Tamas altogether?

If you don't do well in your school/tests because you don't want to temporarily stop your log about a toy ...That'll be pretty sad/fail/omgwhut/stupid/Lol . Yeaaaaaaaah.

If you don't do well in your school/tests because you don't want to temporarily stop your log about a toy ...That'll be pretty sad/fail/omgwhut/stupid/Lol . Yeaaaaaaaah.
Thats a little harsh!

Dazzilitchi: probably the best idea would if you REALLY want to keep on your log and tama study most schoolnights and practice and maybe upload on your log on a sunday? Other wise put on your log that is stopped temporarily for the next few months due to Exams People will totally understand including me! Hope i helped

This.

Seriously if you're worried about going to a secondary school or whatever then just stop your tama entirely -_-

Its not gonna kill you to stop playing with them for a month or so.

Well Cyanide and LittleChocoWolf, I'm kinda REALLY addicted to Tamas. Also I don't give up my hobbies. Life would be TERRIBLE for me if I didn't have my hobby. I'd rather fail my exams than spend days studying and bored and miserable all day because I don't have my hobby or anything to do. Tamas are like half my life, and schoolwork is the other. If I got rid of one half, the other half would be equally unhappy and I'd probably do badly in the exam anyway because I'd be unhappy and bored.

Also please don't be so...well...less of the "lol" at something that isn't funny and less of the "stupid" would be great. Tamas matter to me as much as schoolwork. The End.

Seriously... how would you feel if next year you are starting at a secondary school you really didn't want to go to because you wouldn't take a short break from tamas to concentrate on your studies?

If you want to go to a good selective secondary school and in order to get there it means you need to study every night and there won't be enough time to run a tama, then it is totally up to you to decide what to do.

Want to get good SATs levels and pass that selective secondary exam? Don't run a tama for a while.

If you think that tamas are so important to you that you can't even stop playing with them for a short while in order to focus on important studies then it is totally up to you. We can't tell you what to do.

But somehow I think you are smart enough to work it out for yourself.

Well Cyanide and LittleChocoWolf, I'm kinda REALLY addicted to Tamas. Also I don't give up my hobbies. Life would be TERRIBLE for me if I didn't have my hobby. I'd rather fail my exams than spend days studying and bored and miserable all day because I don't have my hobby or anything to do. Tamas are like half my life, and schoolwork is the other. If I got rid of one half, the other half would be equally unhappy and I'd probably do badly in the exam anyway because I'd be unhappy and bored.

Also please don't be so...well...less of the "lol" at something that isn't funny and less of the "stupid" would be great. Tamas matter to me as much as schoolwork. The End.
"Tamas matter to me as much as schoolwork" You should probably get your priorities straightened out.

I understand about hobbies, but if you're that obsessed with them then you need a reality check, no offense. Tamagotchis are a hobby, which means "an activity or interest pursued for pleasure or relaxation and not as a main occupation" NOT AS A MAIN OCCUPATION. So Tamagotchis aren't a hobby to you, they are an obsession. My hobbies are reading, tamagotchis, and videogames. I never do those 24/7 and they never come before my grades.

No wait I mean, HAVING A HOBBY is more important than sutdying.

I mean, if I study for my my A levels now, and study 24/7 so I can do them 5 years early, then I'd like be miserable. I need another hobby/obsession/whatever besides schoolwork. Or I'd like, be either bored or doing schoolwork ALL THE TIME. I could make some compromises, like temporarily stopping photos on my log or not keeping up with so many topics on here. I don't want to have only half a life, and Tamas are half of my life, schoolwork is the other. I could run something less needy parhaps? Or I couls develop a new half of my life, and just come on here to talk? I mean, I could never leave TamaTalk. There's too much I'd have to say goodbye to now. It is in my reach to stop running Tamas, or leave TamaTalk for a while, and I think that's what I'll do. Thanks for the advice.

Well, you'll definitely be missed.

I'm wondering the same thing right now, can I run my Tamagotchi, ID L or otherwise, when I go back to school next fall, full time, and while I'm working here. It's a juggling act, but, I don't get joy out of having perfect care characters - to be honest, I find it stressful and for me, it takes away from the toy. So, I take care of them when and how I can when I am busy or at school, or studying, that way it's a bit of a mystery as to what character I will get and I get to love them unconditionally, without berating myself for getting a good or bad character.

That being said, there is nothing wrong with doing what you need to do during the day and night, throughout the week, and then relax and spend time with your Tama over the weekend, or even as you're getting up in the morning, and going to bed at night.

Think of it this way - If your Tamas are so real to you, do you think they'd approve of how you may be potentially screwing over your exams, sats, a levels, etc etc etc, just by taking care of them? Don't you think they'd rather you do all of this now, and come back to them? :)

You can't properly take care of them unless you're recharged and doing well, yourself.

It's cliche, but it is so for a reason - *How do you expect to take care of something/someone else, if you can't take care of yourself?* :) And no, that's not meant as criticism. I'm being honest.

The times that I haven't been around or immediately available to take care of my Tama, I feel bad, of course, but I also think of that. If it weren't for me and my care, they wouldn't be here anyway, so I can take the time I need when needed so that I may continue.

I hope you do well in everything you do, Dazz <3

If I were you, I'd run your Tama and don't log while you need to study. Or, make one post or something when you can afford it.

Run your Tama, don't log. That's my advice.

No wait I mean, HAVING A HOBBY is more important than sutdying.

I mean, if I study for my my A levels now, and study 24/7 so I can do them 5 years early, then I'd like be miserable. I need another hobby/obsession/whatever besides schoolwork. Or I'd like, be either bored or doing schoolwork ALL THE TIME. I could make some compromises, like temporarily stopping photos on my log or not keeping up with so many topics on here. I don't want to have only half a life, and Tamas are half of my life, schoolwork is the other. I could run something less needy parhaps? Or I couls develop a new half of my life, and just come on here to talk? I mean, I could never leave TamaTalk. There's too much I'd have to say goodbye to now. It is in my reach to stop running Tamas, or leave TamaTalk for a while, and I think that's what I'll do. Thanks for the advice.
If you really HAVE to run a Tamagotchi, I'd suggest something that's very low maintenance.

If I were you, I'd run your Tama and don't log while you need to study. Or, make one post or something when you can afford it.

Run your Tama, don't log. That's my advice.
I'm going to order a V5, which is SUPER low maintenance. I couldn't bear to run my iD L but not log, it wouldn't feel right to come back to my log and say "hey guys, during my break, I got to 30th generation and I unlocked EVERYTIHNG but no time to describe it now, my iD L broke :( ". I'd rather include something that was never in my log and that my log readers would never have to part with and wonder what's happening to it. All my low-maintenances are ruled out, so I'm buying a new V5 (my old one broke).

I'm going to order a V5, which is SUPER low maintenance. I couldn't bear to run my iD L but not log, it wouldn't feel right to come back to my log and say "hey guys, during my break, I got to 30th generation and I unlocked EVERYTIHNG but no time to describe it now, my iD L broke :( ". I'd rather include something that was never in my log and that my log readers would never have to part with and wonder what's happening to it. All my low-maintenances are ruled out, so I'm buying a new V5 (my old one broke).
Isn't the V5 really high maintenance though?? I've heard more people complaining about how they've gotta have it attached to their hip 24/7.

Maybe not, though.

Also - I think you'd enjoy running your ID L, and as much as we're all fond of it and love it - it's yours. :)

I don't WANT to run my iD L if I can't log it. Logging is all the fun of it!

Hmm...I've had a V5 and it wasn't needy at all, it was SOOOOO low-maintenence...maybe it's the 5.5 you think is needy? I might run a V4 while I'm waiting...all I know is that I'm going crazy because I'm not running a Tama. I'm starting to try to seek out other things to fill the space, and my V4 on my desk looks even more and more tempting every day. I mean, I'm really addicted, I realise now that if I didn't come on here every day I would have no life. I mean, I've tried to stop running a Tama, and all that happens is I spend 24 hours a day listening to music...playing on my DS...keeping a diary that I update every hour...I have to have SOMETHING to fill in my 3 requirements for life: Challenge, nurturing, and competition. Tamas and logging filled in all of them; Challenge is filled because I have to work for certain characters; it's a virtual pet, the nurturing side is something other computer games lack; and competition, to be honest, Tamas really lacked that unless I decided to compete against BanDai for new Tamagotchi models, but beating BanDai at THAT is like beating a baby in a footrace, so I started my log to compete against other logs. I don't see how I can't do my 15 minutes of homework every night and squeeze in a little cycling or other forms of excersize, run a Tama and do 1 page of 10 2-minute questions of SATS practice every afternoon after school ends at 3:15! I'm going to run my V4. It's school-sneakable, UNlike that bulging glittery lump of an iD L, (not that I'd play it in class! Although during French I mess about and write funny notes to my friend anyway cause I hate that website they use to teach French) and it's low-maintenance. Decided. Thanks for the advice.

NO WAY.

ME TAMA-GO HATER.

Yes. No offence, but I hate the potty training feature. Impossible.

I'm running a V5, and anyway, we did practice SATs at school and I got level 5s in everything already XD.

Here's a tip, if you can't take care of them during the time you study, before you start, feed/play/do the stuff needed to be done for the version of that tamagotchi, then start your homework. When they beep for mail/food/ attention take care of them as a reward for studying for the exams... I know because i take extra classes/courses at my school and it feels like collage already... do not sweat if they need to be pause! it will not affect them much unless it is over 24, kk? :D GOOD LUCK ON YOUR EXAMS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back