The Forest Institute

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner

Reaction score
Dear Fellow Shapeshifter:

Welcome to The Forest Institute! (Runner: Good god, I really need to stop making so many school RPs xDDD) This institute, out in the middle of a large forest where the nearest town is only accessible by a bus that comes only once a week, is a school different from most schools- This institute only accepts animal shapeshifters, AKA animals who have figured out how to change into a human form. The courses offered at the Forest Institute include courses meant to help animal shapeshifters adapt to living in the human world, among humans, which include courses that teach you about human psychology, geography, history, government, and other important things to help you adapt.

Here, you will live in a dormhouse, where you will room with another room mate. The dorm rooms are equipped with a bunk bed, two desks and chairs, two drawers, two lamps, and one ceiling light. Bathrooms will be shared. (Runner: Co-ed rooms will be allowed, if we don't get enough members).

Your dorm room is: _____.

Classes begin September 5th. Hope to see you!

Sincerely, the Headmaster

RULES:

Okay, first off, you can be any animal you wish. HOWEVER, if you try to apply to be a cat girl, I will check into your RP background first, as I do not want any NEKO GIRLS WHO ARE SUPER KAWAII!!!! You can also be a normal human, however, I will only accept two regular humans. They cannot be too sueish.

Anime pictures will not be allowed, as I do not want pictures of kawaii girls with tails and ears looking all innocent. Do. Not. Want.

Literacy will be expected, at least 4+ sentences a post. The sentences must have good grammar, and good spelling.

Please do not play any Mary Sues/Gary Stus. Signs I will be looking out for include: Unrealistic names, the word "shy" combined with other traits that aren't very faulty at all, too outrageous looks, and the way you write your form. BTW, I am fully aware that this is a fantasy RP, however, it still takes place in the real world. So.

That's about it. Start by arriving at the bus station, and then walking through the forest to the school.

FORM:

Name:

Personality:

Looks:

Race:

Other:

I will do mine later cuz I'm a slob, and I dun want to go to the eye doctor with 15/20 vision in my left eye all because I spent five minutes to do a form in an RP I made no one will join since I have become some sort of terrifying Rper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dibs on being the first regular human(?)

Name: William Mott

Personality:He's unusually quiet, for a boy of his age. Preferring to stray to the side-lines and observe rather than take part in any event. This being said, when a situation calls for it, he is a passionate, and articulate speaker, using a natural charisma of sorts to hold an audience's attention. He brings this charisma with him wherever he goes, being that many people are simply reassured, for lack of a better word, by him. If one would stay around him long enough to hold his trust and companionship, they would find him a loyal, faithful friend. He'll always be there to help his friends, be it holding your hair back while you vomit from the other side of the mote of vodka you just drank, or being the person to hang out with after your girlfriend dumped you, he'll be there, and at least pretend to care if he doesn't. He tends to hold back a considerable amount of wit and sarcasm, often times unsuccesfully, but one has to appreciate the effort.

Looks: William goes for the hippy, california surfer look, though he's never actually been to the place. The male stands at exactly 6'0. Just enough to tower slightly above average, yet not freakishly so. He is slim as well, with a light padding of muscle underneath, and a distinctly v-shaped torso set on long, athletic legs. His features are light and chiseled, nothing to distinguishing if it weren't for the long scar on the left side of his face starting from his cheekbone and extending to his forehead (he doesn't like to talk about it...). His eyes are an astonishing swirl of greens and blues and hidden behind colourfully framed spectacles. His whole face is surrounded by his dark blonde dreads which hang slightly below shoulder length.

Race: Regular Human

Other: -

(Yay! First member! Woot! You're accepted!

I'll have to make my form afterschool, the bus is coming in like 15 minutes. >.<)

Yep, two characters! :D I didn't know if these shapeshifter peoples had animal features in their human forms. I've made it so they have, but I can always edit if not...

Name: Mia Castillo

Personality: Mia's often a very quiet girl. Not because she's shy, oh no. It's because she doesn't know much English. When she does speak, she often mixes Italian words in with her English sentences. The perfectionist in her often realises her mistake very quickly, and she jumps to repair it before finishing up with a small smile. Mia's a very charming girl who is fantastic with people in any sense. Talking to them, presenting to them, persuading them... manipulating them... she's a people girl alright. Mia's also a very feisty girl, both in the fighting sense and the romance sense, although that might be expected due to her Italian origins. Stereotypes, huh? It's actually due to her 'cat form' being a Siamese, which is a breed known for it's temperament. Despite being a very thin and a frail looking girl, Mia won't hesitate to slyly and neatly kick you in the shins with the heel on her shoe if you threaten her or someone she's close to or she's sworn to protect. She's a very loyal person - again, due to her Siamese cat roots and how they bond with certain people - and a good ally to have in any aspect of life, except maybe schoolwork. or similar. Mia's not the cleverest person in the world, and this really annoys the perfectionist, leading her to constantly strive to improve.

Looks: The first thing you'll notice about Mia is her hair. It's long and curly, with something that can only be described as a little bounce to it. As for colour, it's towards the almost-black end of the 'Brunette' scale. Her hair is generally arranged to cover up the dark cat ears that rest there, although it usually ends up falling so you can see them. She's of average height for her age, about 5' 6", though she always boosts it slightly with a pair of high heels. Her eyes are a strange colour, reflecting her cat-like nature with a tinge of yellow. And yes, she does have a cat tail, but she generally does a good job of hiding it under her clothing style. Her clothing style, come to mention it, is a little more... shall we say 'classy' than most people her age? Mia much prefers wearing a simple but stylish dress with some high heels over, say, a t-shirt and jeans coupled with some Converse.

Race: Cat

Other: In case you haven't guessed, she's from Italy, but she moved here a couple of months ago.

Name: Matt Carter

Personality: Matt's defining trait is that he's very confident. And very, very arrogant. This is the guy who will have no problems walking into a situation with a confident smirk on his face and instantly deciding that all the girls in the room want him. Matt knows he's good looking, and he works with that. It's not that Matt is entirely insufferable, it's just that his arrogance tends to rub a lot of people up the wrong way. That said, he does care about his friends - after all, a cool guy like him can't be seen alone - and is loyal to them. He's also rather protective of the things he loves, including people. If someone threatens his group, well, hell hath no fury like an angry Matt Carter. Matt likes to take control and take on the 'leader' role, so it's a good thing he's good with making snap desicions and telling people what to do. However, if things don't go the way he wants, well, again... hell hath no fury like an angry Matt Carter. Yes, Matt has a bit of an anger problem, although thankfully, he tends to take it out on inanimate objects rather than other people.

Looks: Depending on your personality and gender, there are two things about Matt that you can and will notice first. The first option is his wings. He can fold them in easily, but extended in human form, his wingspan is about 13 feet long. The other option is his looks, and yes, Matt knows he's pretty. His eyes are a sharp green colour, piercing as if he's seeing right through you. Then again, with his 'bird vision', as he likes to call it, he might just be. His short hair is black and never styled, unless you count the ruffled look he gets by running his han through his hair constantly. Matt has what he likes to call a 'custom' wardrobe - all of his t-shirts and jackets have subtle slits in them to accommodate his wings. Those t-shirts tend to be brightly coloured, often comic-book related, and his jackets tend to be hooded ones.

Race: Eagle.

Other: Nope.

(Accepted, Ell, and animal shapeshifters, they never show half animal half human features, unless they make a mistake in their transformation, or are a young child who hasn't mastered transformation yet. There's only two stages for good shapeshifters- Human, and animal.

Name: Reese Larson

Personality: Reese is the kind of guy who people would normally want to hang out with, since he's a very good guy, the kind of guy you would see run for ASB in a real life scenario and be the one you want to vote for. Outgoing, and a known maker of bad puns, Reese seems to be the perfect guy, especially since he's also pretty sharp, and fast thanks to the fact he is a big cat after all. Secretly, Reese is really just putting on a very convincing act in order to be accepted by others, since it's the only way he figures he can make friends who he can use and rely on as an outlet for entertainment. The REAL Reese is a guy who doesn't really care about other people at all, and one who is rude, and would rather not listen to other people's problems, or get caught up in them since he feels it's too much of a pain to have to put up with something he doesn't even have to be in. Pretty much, Reese just hates getting caught up in unnecessary things, like having to go to the Forest Institute, since his mother forced him to, since his mother wanted him to learn how to successfully adapt to living among humans. Although he rarely shows his true self, sometimes it will leak out (Mostly when he's irritated, ticked, spacing, or allowing his curiosity to get the best of him). Otherwise, he is perfect at successfully putting on the "Going-To-Be-Great-Someday" act. Reese loves to eat meat, and in general, loves to eat food. When he stopped at the transportation station's snack shop to get a snack, he absolutely fell in love with Beef Jerky. It's basically the key to his heart. xDDD

Looks: Reese has dark, brown hair, which he keeps pretty short, and is sort of wavy. His bangs sort of go diagonally right across his forehead, and his hair looks smooth.. Although he seems to barely care about what his hair looks like or not, just as long as it's easy maintenance. He has light brownish hazel eyes, and he has no significant birthmarks except one of those brown dot thingys (Not a mole) on his upper leg. Reese tends to wear jackets and hoodies that are the same color as his fur when he's an animal (Black), and jeans, since he found out those are what most humans wear normally. Underneath the jacket/hoodies, he will wear a t-shirt that's either red, black, white, or gray. Reese will absolutely never wear anything that is too girly, bright, or just plain yucky.

Race: Black Panther.

Other: I suck at describing hair xP

(May I be so bold as to put le starting post?)

William, sighing, emerged from the metal capsule that was the bus. He took a deep breath of the fresh air he was bombarded with, and closed his eyes to mull over what he was to be walking into. A school, a new school. Full of people he didn't know. He idly wondered why the school was in the middle of a forest, away from civilization, and gave a slight shudder. Probably from the cold, though, he hoped.

(The humans aren't technically supposed to know about the school being meant for animals, since they wouldn't know the true purpose of the school, nor do humans know that animal shapeshifters exist, since that would basically destroy the plot since then we'd have hunters coming to hunt down the animals at the school..)

I hope this is alright.

Name: Liliana Milford

Personality: Liliana has a carefree disposition, living life without a plan, though even when she comes up with one, she’ll happily forget about it later on, continuing on believing that everything will turn out fine in the long run. She’s also the type of person who tries to be gentle with others, both with their emotions and physical being but sometimes her own emotions will get in the way and cause problems. Often, she’ll be easily distracted by the simplest thing and ignore her surroundings or anyone talking to her then once she snaps out of it, she will have completely forgotten what she was doing before and go on to something else or bluntly ask what’s going on. Though, she does become rather passionate about certain things when brought up and isn’t afraid to speak up for someone she cares for when they’re being put down or blamed for something, another being when people come between her and her food, especially when it’s fish or shrimp, she’ll pick a fight without any thought or concern of what they could do to her or who they are in fury and in hope to get her food back. Liliana is also easy to bribe when sea food is mentioned and will throw rules out the window.

Looks: Messy, dark brow hair that runs to Liliana’s shoulders in a concave style, one side longer than the other and blonde ends, which she finds is less of a hassle then having longer hair though one side will often fall over her dull brown eyes which can be annoying from time to time. She also wears a dull blue coloured ribbon tied on the left in her hair. Liliana doesn’t think much of the way she dresses or what others think, she likes wearing what’s comfortable. She is comfortable wearing fur collar bomber jackets and jeans, feeling uncomfortable in clothes like dresses, skirts and shorts, andusually wearing a white or gray t-shirt beneath her jacket along with sneakers.

Race: European Mink

Other: Nope

Gotcha :) Let's just say that's what they look like when they make a mistake or whatever.

After she got off the bus, Mia took a few moments to take into account her surroundings - she had absolutly no idea where she was going, and was hoping she could figure it out from looking around. Mia assumed she had to go into the forest, but where then? Hopefully, the guy who had sat next to her on the bus would know... slowly, Mia turned around as a thud sounded behind her, which turned out to be her new 'friend' Matt jumping off the bus. "Ready to hit up the school?" He grinned, moving away from the bus while being followed by Mia. "Hm... now, my guess is..." He said slowly and sarcastically. "We head through the massive forest over there?"

Gahh, failure of a first post x.x

(Aki, you are accepted! :DD)

As the bus rolled to a stop, Reese let out a sigh. It was going to take him a while to adjust to riding in human transportation, since the 20 minute trip had been a very odd, and somewhat uncomfortable experience for him. During the ride, he had been so tempted to just destroy that strange transparent yet hard material blocking him from the outside world, but he managed to hold back. Ugh. Preferably, he would rather not be going to this stupid school. Slinging his bag over his shoulder, Reese climbed out of the bus, wearing a confident smile, the one he used to make friends. Glancing around, he wondered if anyone knew where the school was. Since he was too lazy to figure it out himself, he walked over to Matt and Mia. "Uh, hey. Excuse me, do you guys know where the school is?"

Reluctantly, Liliana pushed herself off the bus seat when she felt it come to a stop , she found it surprisingly comfortable, well comfortable enough to sleep in the whole bus trip. She found that just watching the scenery go by was plain bring if you could be out there in it. As she made her way off the bus, Liliana stretched her arms upward, bag in hand. "Fresh air! Much nicer out here." She chimed then looked towards the forest, wondering if that was the way they had to go if they wanted to get to the school. Noticing a small group of people, she made her way over in hope they knew where to go.

Adjusting his glasses, Will let out another sigh and looked around for everybody else. They seemed to be congregating, so he decided to follow suit and strolled over. William realized he wasn't alone in wondering where, or rather, how to get to the school. He opened his mouth to speak, but decided against it and merely took a breath instead, his eyes wandering and landing on each face in turn.

(Is there room for one more?)
(Yes, there's room for one more. There's always room for more people. :3)

Reese looked down at his feet, frustrated by the lack of response, and decided that since the two people seemed not to answer him. This wasn't shown on his face, though. Although he didn't have own his biggest, nice guy smile, he still had on a tiny smile, which he figured would work to keep up on playing the role he was playing. Feeling a bit hungry, he reached into his pocket, pulling out the small bag of low sodium beef jerky he had been snacking off of for the bus ride. Of all the human foods, this was his favorite.. Probably because it was meat. Anyway, he stuck a piece in his mouth, and chewed.

(eek, I forgot about this.)

It took Mia a few moments to realise that some was talking to her, and by the time she'd turned around to meet them face to face, the boy called Matt had got there first. "The school?" He asked, a small grin on his face as he vaguely waved a hand in the direction of the forest. "I'm assuming through there." Matt said, dropping his hand into a position where the other boy could take hold of it and shake it. Matt had picked up this particular custom rather quickly. "Name's Matt."

Name: Kapinae Vulpeesh (pronounced 'Kapp-in-[long]a Vul-pee-sh'. Her nicknames are Kappy and Kapp.)

Personality: Kapinae is extremely shy and tends to withdraw, and is very secretive. She wants to have friends but is too shy to ask others. However, when she is alone, she loves to compose music, which no-one has ever heard as she is so secretive. She gets irritated with the smallest of things, such as a hair in her workspace, or a crumb on an area where she is drawing. She usually bears a neutral expression and doesn't smile too often. She is short, just like a regular fennec fox, but when someone mentions her height she gets a bit discontent. She loves paintings and museums. She likes obscure things, such as musicians/bands, songs, and books. When around others she likes toi try and be talkative/attractive, but usually this method doesn't work. She loves shiny things.

Looks: Kapinae has a velvety, creamy coloured [excuse my canadian spelling] coat, with black tinges on the tips of her ears and tail. Her eyes are black with flecks of gold, and her ears are soft and big and tend to twitch when she is displeased or unhappy. Her nose is heart-shaped. She has a few freckles on her pinkish cheeks. Her tummy and under-chin areas are white. Her tail is huge and fluffy, and she tends to use it as a blanket when she sleeps. She enjoys wearing simple shirts with band names that no-one knows, and she likes to wear jeans and yoga pants. She loves to constantly wear a purple and black sweater with a zipper shaped like a lightning bolt. She dislikes to mess about with her hair, which just goes down to her shoulders.

Race: Fennec Fox

Other: Her birthday is on January 30th.

(^Accepted)

Remembering what he had seen while walking around some guys in fancy looking clothing while heading towards the train in the train station that would take him towards the school, Reese replied, "My name's Reese, nice to meet you." Taking Matt's hand, he gave it a strong, firm shake and looked him right in the eyes, just as he had seen the men do. He let go of Matt's hand, and then turned to Mia, offering his hand.

William rolled his yes at the conventionality and slight grown-upness of the greetings, but nevertheless, he decided that now was the time to make himself heard. He took a step towards the other teens, offered a hand to no one in particular, gave a dazzling smile and said, "hey, My name's Will".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back