Is this the End?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShuaRzz

Reaction score
Before I go on, please understand that this is just speculation and curiosity, as opposed to a real announcement from Bandai or anything of that sort. c:

The Tamagotchi series has been around for many, many years, but it hasn't been until recently when I realised that in a sense, Bandai have been recycling their concepts and ideas. However, this can be perceived differently from each and every one of us.

There hasn't been anything major within the Tamagotchi community since last year, and that has lead me to believe that Bandai has possibly finished with the collection.

As over-dramatised and exaggerated as this topic may seem, I'm quite interested to see what you all think! :blink:

i don't think they're done yet. not with japan getting all these neat color ones and we're still in black and white over here!! and we just got the tama go that has figures to put on it, so they're testing out new ideas. hopefully they'll throw something new at us soon.

i think that its going to end (sadly :( ) because me (at malaysia) at the toy stores like toysrus dont have anymore.and the staffs said that it looks like the tamagotchi factory isn't producing/made to be sold anymore.but i really very wish and hope that they will come out new tamas soon or juz remake and sell the old ones again like v1,v2,v3,v4,v4.5,v5,v5.5,MSv6 again.besides, i really wish that the v4 and v4.5 come out again becus i love them the most(as they have mail , different jobs , nice tamatown that wasn't lagging that much and more connection options).also, if they ever come out again, hope they will be at a cheaper price than be4.oh and the tama-go size is the worst(big).

It may end but I don't think it will be permanent. Tamagotchi will come back at some point probably better than ever. Tamagotchi is too good a concept to ever go away forever.

SamJJE101 of Tama-Zone discovered something here:https://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopic=24990(I have already got a post on this forum too). Basically, if we make a tamagotchi, and they like it, it may be made into a tamagotchi. Bandai certainly aren't done yet.

Yes, I read something about this! However, further looking into the competition, it sounds as if Bandai want ideas for upcoming products more than updates on their current products. :huh:

i don't think they're done yet. not with japan getting all these neat color ones and we're still in black and white over here!! and we just got the tama go that has figures to put on it, so they're testing out new ideas. hopefully they'll throw something new at us soon.

I'd like to hope for this too, but how many more Tamagotchis are they planning to release? They're going to have to stop making them eventually. :blink:

i think that its going to end (sadly :( ) because me (at malaysia) at the toy stores like toysrus dont have anymore.and the staffs said that it looks like the tamagotchi factory isn't producing/made to be sold anymore.but i really very wish and hope that they will come out new tamas soon or juz remake and sell the old ones again like v1,v2,v3,v4,v4.5,v5,v5.5,MSv6 again.besides, i really wish that the v4 and v4.5 come out again becus i love them the most(as they have mail , different jobs , nice tamatown that wasn't lagging that much and more connection options).also, if they ever come out again, hope they will be at a cheaper price than be4.oh and the tama-go size is the worst(big).

Positively speaking, perhaps as the TamaTown Tama-Go wasn't as much a success like its predecessors, they decided to stop publishing them in some regions of the world, and instead decided on creating a newer product? :wacko:

It may end but I don't think it will be permanent. Tamagotchi will come back at some point probably better than ever. Tamagotchi is too good a concept to ever go away forever.

Sadly, all good things come to an end. As futuristic and revolutionary as the Tamagotchi was to the Technology Industry, there will probably be so many other products in the future that would be so many times better. That's life for you. ;)

Maybe another company will release digital pets, like how tiger used to have giga pets.

I really hope it doesn't end. :(

I wish I could say that it won't end but Bandai hasn't mentioned much about the future of Tamagotchi so that makes me a bit unsure on what will happen to them.

No toyline neccessarily has to end. Barbie has been around since the 60s as have Hot Wheels and GI Joe. Transformers has been around since the 80s with no signs of stopping. Tamagotchi is much more interesting a concept than any of these. A toy like Tamagotchi has the potential to improve as technology does. Barbie will always be little more than a hunk of plastic with combable hair but Tamagotchi can be so much more. Bandai's biggest problem with Tamagotchi is they don't advertise. It's been a long time since I've seen a Tamagotchi commercial.

You say there may be tech products that can be many times better than Tamagotchi. Well why can't the new and better tech be incorporated into Tamagotchi? Technology evolves all the time and products like Tamagotchi can evolve with it if given the chance.

Tamagotchi may be ready to end, but if it is it's more Bandai's fault than Tamagotchi's. For some reason they refuse to advertise. People can't buy things if they don't know they exist. It's not like there are better toys out there that Tamagotchi can't compete with. There aren't. Most toys are just hunks of plastic that do nothing. Nowhere near as interesting as Tamagotchi. I also think TamaGo may have been something of a stumble for Bandai. The fact you need to buy extra figures to get all the features is a bad idea because many people won't spend extra for something like that. It's a turn-off. But if they brought out a model that didn't require you to spend extra to get all the features and actually advertised Tamagotchi might just come back from the brink.

No toyline neccessarily has to end. Barbie has been around since the 60s as have Hot Wheels and GI Joe. Transformers has been around since the 80s with no signs of stopping. Tamagotchi is much more interesting a concept than any of these. A toy like Tamagotchi has the potential to improve as technology does. Barbie will always be little more than a hunk of plastic with combable hair but Tamagotchi can be so much more. Bandai's biggest problem with Tamagotchi is they don't advertise. It's been a long time since I've seen a Tamagotchi commercial.

You say there may be tech products that can be many times better than Tamagotchi. Well why can't the new and better tech be incorporated into Tamagotchi? Technology evolves all the time and products like Tamagotchi can evolve with it if given the chance.

Tamagotchi may be ready to end, but if it is it's more Bandai's fault than Tamagotchi's. For some reason they refuse to advertise. People can't buy things if they don't know they exist. It's not like there are better toys out there that Tamagotchi can't compete with. There aren't. Most toys are just hunks of plastic that do nothing. Nowhere near as interesting as Tamagotchi. I also think TamaGo may have been something of a stumble for Bandai. The fact you need to buy extra figures to get all the features is a bad idea because many people won't spend extra for something like that. It's a turn-off. But if they brought out a model that didn't require you to spend extra to get all the features and actually advertised Tamagotchi might just come back from the brink.
I agree. I also think that the way they do advertise actually limits the audience that want to find out more. As much as I realise that tamagotchi are designed for girls, I also know that they can be very popular among boys of all ages. The adverts don't quite show who they are aimed at, but if you had never heard of tamagotchi before, and you saw the advert, you'd say that they were for 7-year-old girls. Above that, they don't really show what tamagotchis are.

Let's hope for the best. Tamagotchis aren't as popular as they used to be, and the Tama-Go had so much potential of being one of the best tamagotchis to have ever been released, but tragically failed. Bandai recently turned down the possibility of discontinuation, but we know that no new tamagotchis will be released this year, and there is a possibility of a new tamagotchi next year. Bandai recognises the failure of the Tama-Go when people complain that they don't like it.

Tamagotchi used to be incredibly popular. When I was in year 4, in the summer of 2005, I first found out about tamagotchi. I had never seen one that wasn't on TV before. In year 5, on the Christmas day of 2005, I got a tamagotchi V2. In 2006, Me and my friend, who had a V1, looked online and discovered the V3. At the time, he was one of the only people I knew who had a tamagotchi. One of my other friends got a V3 soon after, and in January 2007, when I got my V4, tamagotchi started to become more and more popular. By July 2007, in my last days of primary school, almost every girl, and several boys had a tamagotchi.

Secondary school wasn't good to the popularity of tamagotchi. Most of the people in primary school went to a different school to me. I knew very few people who had ever used a tamagotchi in Secondary school. By Year 8, tamagotchi had virtually disappeared from society. The last version of tamagotchi to be released for 2 and a half years was released, and nobody that I knew well ever knew about. Even now, in Year 11, I still find tamagotchi a fascinating toy. It isn't fun to me anymore, and I know that it certainly isn't as popular.

Honestly, it might go away, but with all the diseases and allergies that the people of this world have, including myself. I've had my cat for 10 years, and I still can't get close up to him because my allergies drive me wild; Tamagotchi is bound to stick around, or come back better than ever, due to the fact it still teaches responsibility, it still makes you fall in love with those that care enough to get involved, and it still gives those that are allergic, or bed-ridden, etc, etc, a chance to care for a pet. Yes, it's digital, but it's also portable, so things like NeoPets, Adoptme.com, etc can't compare.

yes, it might die out a bit, because there are so many things that pop up every day that take more time, and more focus to complete, or just to take part in, but for those that want something that can be cared for, and truly love you unconditionally, I think we're good. :)

Personally, and PLEASE DON'T TAKE OFFENCE TO THIS - I think anyone from the ages of 13-25 who want to have children, should be gifted (or demanded) to raise and take care of a Tamagotchi, for exactly 3-6 months. Including job, parties, etc.

I don't have a child, but I have been babysitting for friends and family since I was 9. Children are just as easy and difficult to look after and take care of as Tamagotchi are. Dead serious.

So... hahaha, yeah... They may even come back as a birth control method... >.>

but for those that want something that can be cared for, and truly love you unconditionally, I think we're good. :)
I love this part here, tamagotchis have always filled a special void for me. Like in college when we couldn't have pets, in a way tamas beat that rule :D also they were great for stress relief and loneliness. They always manage to cheer me up and give me a laugh, like when my V3 gets chased by a turkey on thanksgiving, no matter what my mood that always manages to give me a laugh. And I love when my tamagotchis come up and give me a little smile, to me its like going to a little world that is always perfect when yours is not. To me they will always be little aliens that came to earth looking for a friend [crazy I know but that's how I think of them]

Sure someday tamagotchis may come to an end but they will always be a part of my life, and I will be sure to introduce them to my future children to make sure at least their memory can live on :) .

I really hope they don't end :/. They've stopped selling them in stores here too.. I don't understand why. Even on Ebay prices are starting to sky-rocket for them. I've seen some selling for $100+ for Tamagotchis put out only a few years ago. Thinking in terms if you're a collector, you'll pay that much if it's really rare and they're not made anymore.. but then the fact remains it's also a toy directed towards CHILDREN... it's kind of outrageous.

I really hope they continue to make Tamagotchis :) . They're so much fun no matter what age you are. Hopefully they'll start selling in local stores again soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, if enough of us email Bandai saying that we believe in Tamas and we don't want them to end and stuff, then they can't exactly turn down 100+ fans, can they? Especially ones that will buy pretty much whatever they release, lol. ;)

Honestly, if they send Tamatalk another birthday card next year, and it actually implies that they've been reading some forums and had a 'two year work-in-progress', then we'll know that they haven't given up on us.

However, they might just send a card that looked rushed, and did it because they felt obligated to. Like, they want to still give us hope, let us know that they're around, haven't COMPLETELY forgotten about us.

Even though they probably have. -_-

Seriously, when was the last time tamagotchi.com was updated? Speaking of which, I guess they kind of have to stay updated in the Tama world, don't they?

Look at Music City. Sure, it may be a little bit junky, but they still hold the competitions every weekend, don't they? And announce winners and such...

I just really hope they're planning something that's taking a lot of time, because honestly, it's a little strange that we were getting two a year and now haven't gotten one for two years...

I hope not. I really hope not. I think that they just need to go with a huge project to put it out there into the mainstream market again.

I think as a community of Tama fans it would be amazing to put together ideas and send them off to Bandai. That would cause for us to be suuuper organised though. It would be a fun project though.

Whether they would accept it or not is something different entirely...

i think that its going to end (sadly
sad.gif
) because me (at malaysia) at the toy stores like toysrus dont have anymore.and the staffs said that it looks like the tamagotchi factory isn't producing/made to be sold anymore.but i really very wish and hope that they will come out new tamas soon or juz remake and sell the old ones again like v1,v2,v3,v4,v4.5,v5,v5.5,MSv6 again.besides, i really wish that the v4 and v4.5 come out again becus i love them the most(as they have mail , different jobs , nice tamatown that wasn't lagging that much and more connection options).also, if they ever come out again, hope they will be at a cheaper price than be4.oh and the tama-go size is the worst(big).
Jusco shopping malls in malaysia sells them. I just contacted Toys r us and the say jusco sells them. Just go to the toy section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back