Are tamas for boys?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TamaBoy3000

Reaction score
Are tamagotchies for boys? Well I am an 11 year old boy and I have many tamagotchies. A v2, v3, v4,another v4, v4.5, another v4.5, a v5, another v5, a v5 celebrity, 2 music stars, and 2 tama go s. Thats a total of about 14 tamas! I hope to get rather a Tamagotchi plus color, tamagotchinplus color id, or a tamagotchi plus color id l, but so far i hav'nt found one in english. Too bad. My favorite tamas are the v4, music star, tamgo, and v5.5 (v5 celebrity) The v4 has jobs, but has a square screen and when you get married, its not that realistic. The tamago is realistic but has no jobs or item chest. The v5.5 is very realistic but no jobs, but the music star has jobs and is very realistic. So my final answer is Yes boys can have tamagotchi s.

I'm a girl, but I appreciate every boy who has a tamagotchi, because some people are saying that they're getting "too girly". Personally, I think that they are for both boys and girls to enjoy equally :)

Personally, I must admit that I believe the more recent Tamagotchi Figures (Especially the ones released throughout Japan) have more feminine designs, as opposed to the original colours. :wacko:

But either way, designs shouldn't restrict you from buying the product itself. c:

Tamagotchis are for whoever find them enjoyable. I wouldn't be seen in public with my Tama-Go, whereas I'm perfectly happy to carry my P1 around with me at all times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sayin that. I just got another tama music star with the dvd. It has a gold mametchi guitar pick. The code is T04126, Which is a bathtub, i think a memetchi bath tub. Tamas may have much more girley designes, but many are still cool looking. Like the tamagotchi plus color id l has a girlish design though any collor, just if there is one in english. if there was, they would cost too much like $120 which is redickuless. We shouldnt pay over $40 for a virtural pet! but they are awsome, and recentley i orderd a tama v5 celebrity it costed $56 it was tough deciding between all those tamas. and i have a normal v5 i orderd years ago, which was for probaly $40-$50 it is awsome. I like the house design. So this topic is closed, but not really, ill leave it for others to put their opinion if tamas are for boys or not.

Tamagotchis are designed for the female audience, but Bandai is well aware that there is a male audience. Most Tamagotchi owners are girls, but there is still a significantly large amount of boys who own tamagotchis. The only thing I don't know is what the most common age at which people own tamagotchi. I'm 15, and a boy, and although I don't play with tamagotchis anymore, I still keep very close to the forums.

tamagotchis are made for boys and girls.so of cos some of the boys really do play with tamas.i remember i saw my sister's friend's brother wearing a lanyard with a tamagotchi v5 on it.and,of cos, i play with tamas too.im a BOY.

Like any Virtual Pet Tamagotchis are for anyone who wants them. There's no age or sex limit nor should there be.

Well I believe they are for anybody! Yeah some have girly shell designs, but a lot also have really boyish designs as well!! I think that also that in japan boys and girls play with things that would be considered girly so thats just the way bandai, a Japanese company, makes tamas! You know?

It is my opinion that Tamagotchi are a unisex toy, meaning that they can be equally enjoyed by both boys and girls. Back in the heyday of the Tamagotchi, several of my male friends played with them, and I still know a couple of guys (who are nearly seventeen) who still play with these amazing virtual pets.

So yes, Tamagotchi are for boys as much as they are for girls.

~Marie

As a Tamagotchi fan and a Brony, I think people should be allowed to like whatever they want without feeling shame, I mean, I've loved Tamagotchis since the Connexion first came out, and I've never been ashamed of it :lol:

Yeah I think tamas are for everyone, not matter what gender or age. I'm 15 and am a boy, but I still play with my tamas, but I would not be caught dead out an about with one, as I'm preety sure most kids at my school will not feel the same way ;)

Tamagotchis for me is both for girls and boys.

I mean why shouldn't it be for both girls and boys, it has different designs, which some of are rather boyish or girlish.

Nowadays people tend to be a bit hypocritical, since there are a lot of metro sexual guys out there, which some of them might say that Tamagotchis are for girls. Like, what!?

As a boy if you use makeup, and heavily watch your fashion sense, and how you look and dress (which is girly, depending on how far you go) how can you say that Tamagotchi is for girls only, it's contradicting the initial "fact" that some things are girls only and some boys only.

As I see it, people should really stop being such over dramatic, I mean if a little boy likes a girly doll, then let him play with it, if a girl likes dirt bikes, then let her do her thing on them. There's just no reason to let people believe they aren't "allowed" to have a Tamagotchi because it's considered girly.

i do what I want, I want what I do, simple. Everyone else should just do the same ;)

I think tamagotchis were originally intended for girls, but the later versions seem to have been generalised for both genders.

Initially Digimons were meant to be the virtual pet for boys, with tamagotchis being for the girls - mostly because Digimon required less care and have capability to battle each other.

Some of what you say is true Blue_angel, but you are forgetting one thing :p

They are both japanese inventions, and I know that the culture their is one type of unisex :p

Alot of boys/men there do some of the things girls do, like wear furry suits, watch romantic animes, play with tamagotchis,

and the like. Japanese people tend to think differently than we do, so they didn't mean for it to be a girl only invention.

It just happened to be accepted that way, in america, and europe countries.

It might be more obvious for the Digimon VPs indeed, but i've had one, which was very desired

by alot of my girl friends, they even wishlisted it on various webshops, and on holidays :p

They even hinted me on various occassions to buy one for them, for lets say their birthday, or christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel that your gender doesn't matter! :ichigotchi: I am a boy and I LOVE Tamagotchis! I just received my Tamagotchi iD L In the mail! I love it to bits! Also at my school, being different is considered cool! However i live in Australia that may be different to where you come from! <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back