Digimon Digivices: Generations One through Three

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which generation is your favorite?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonAppleDarko~

Reaction score
Hey everyone out there, I'm looking for opinions on the real world Digivices. I'm a tamagotchi girl and my boyfriend isn't all that into them but he did really like the Digimon Digivices when he was younger and he had quite a few, over the years though they were stolen or just plain disappeared, you know how it is, I don't know what happened to the majority of my Nanopets.

Anyway I saw a few on eBay when I was looking for a Tamagotchi Color and since his birthday is coming up I thought about getting one. I wanted to know, which of these three Digivices are your favorite and why?

I personally had the second generation digivice when I was a kid but I don't remember being really happy with it, I never really got to get my Digimon to grow up and I don't think that you could feed it or half of the things that you did with Tama's so it wasn't my favorite. I was just wondering if the first generation or the third generation had more options. Which was the most fun to play with? Which one lasted the longest in your collection? And really, just which one did you like best?

These little guys are pretty expensive, so I thought it would be good to get an opinion before running out and buying anything, and this seems to be the best place to ask.

-Neon

*Drool*

Don't forget the Season 1 digivice... Those suckers were cool too. (The round-ish ones)

:blink: Personally, I feel really attached to my Season 3 Digivice. (Card Reader) I made so many pouches and finally made one to size directly because the clip kept slowly nipping that back paint. I love that thing... and I am confused to the original batteries I put in still work. I'm pretty sure they are the original, if not the second... Miracle in a way.

:) I love my season 2 digivices... I used to have both on at once. These were on all the time. I annouyed people with them while I was waiting for my Season 3 Digivice for C-mas. I seriously didn't know what the count thing was for YEARS of owning them... Then I was screwing around and figured out I was suppose to shake it like crazy... Looking back at the screen. I facepalmed.... I actually got somewhere for once.

So... No go on the season 4- um... 6? I slowly retreated after I saw another Agumon as the main character.......... Not a favorite, honestly.... (5)

They had a season 4 digivice. It was pretty quite in America it seems.... (Around here anyway) Its the season with the kids turning into digimon with digimon spirits.

Season 5 had a digivice too... It was rectangle too. Had a metal chip/ hand sensor on top. This one seems most like a digital pet. They can fight and all... but no pedometer part (clicking/shake function)

I beleive season 6 had one simmilar to the first release digivices.... but I'm not sure as I zoned out completely of season 6.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Nostalgia factor wise, I'd go with the season 1 Digivices, but if you're looking for a huge character lineup, I'd go with the Digimon D-Gather that was released by Bandai Asia for season 3. It has every partner from the first three seasons in a semi v-pet type environment (No realtime stuff, but there's still feeding and training), and evolutions on it are not linear. Another option is the Digimon Neo in the blue packaging, which is based on the season one Digivice... except with a few surprises in the character lineup.

The Digimon Xros Loader from season 6 (Digimon Xros Wars) is pretty fun, too. It has a color screen, a mic for obtaining additional Digimon through special sounds, and a team based battle environment (Up to 13 Digimon on one team - one leader and twelve soldiers). There's also an SD card slot on it for specially made SD cards called Digimon Code Crowns that unlock more levels and Digimon. Just figured I'd throw that out there, too.

Are you thinking of getting 2 of them? Cause one of the points to Digimon was being able to battle :D

I would say the season 1 or maybe 2, but that's cause those were the ones I had. :p I liked them, but they just weren't the same as the original digimon. I really liked the original v-pet style ones more than the digivices.

I think season 1 and 2 can battle together if I remember anyway. Good luck finding one for a decent price though - those suckers get super expensive like in the last hour of bids. o_o;

-Purn

Yup. Season 1 and 2 battle. Then the Grey Digi-dex thing does too... Shame I have an Asian gold Digi-dex... I thought it was American. Lol. Found out the hard way... No Asian compatibles in view... Not unless my season 5 one is all magical..... Which it isn't. I figured the D-Gather wasn't American, I was totally stuck on Digimon. I never saw it in stores... Plan to get one eventually....

The Season 6 has color....? I guess maybe I could snoop a bit, but I doubt I'd remember to go watch a few episodes. I haven't watched Digimon since American Airwaves of "Toon Disney" and cancellation of it all. I watched some more of Digimon Savers but I couldn't stand Agumon and his partner in crime. (Um... the main dude.) Although I'd admit to the PS2 game they had of Savers in the USA... Got it on sale/clearance... cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back