Photo
4 votes

Is Bandai America Going to STOP making Tamagotchi?

• This topic is locked

Amber-Cakes

• amber-cakes user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:56 PM ( #81 )

i must say i have totally given up on hope that there will be a new english tamagotchi. At least not any time soon. I really liked the tama-go and wish it could have some how revived tamas in america but it seems it didn't help. :(
for the longest time i told myself i wasn't going to buy a japanese +color or id/ id l because it was in japanese and i wanted to know what everything said on it and so i kept telling myself they would release one in english but i just don't see it happening. So for now i will suck it up and learn the japanese ones and just be glad tamagotchis are still popular some where and i can still easily get them online.

I totally agree with what some people said about releasing the id l or any of the color tamas in the USA. I feel it would definitely be a good seller. With all the technology these days kids/teens/adults really wouldn't be that interested in a small black and white screen, but a color tamagotchi would likely be a hit.

dazzilitchigirl

• dazzilitchigirl user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:46 PM ( #82 )

Well, I have nothing against people who love older Tamas, but I think they should go for something more modern that would also appeal to younger kids, such as me or my younger brother. After all, imagine my brother - the age when he's into Lego and football - looking at a shelf of toys, deciding how to spend his pocket money. He sees a huge Lego set, some rugby balls, a new set of action figures - and a small yellow toy with a black-and-white screen. He is unlikely to buy the Tamagotchi - a P2, to be exact, one of the Tamas popular with older fans.

All of us will grow up eventually, and give up Tamas at some point - and that's fine for us - but it's not fine for BanDai. It would be like selling Xbox Kinect in 2030 - vintage Tamas nowadays. needs to keep up with modern technology and get some new features in. No, not more expensive figurines, but computer games, more movies in English, and my best ideas for Tamas are a hot-and-cold detector (so your Tama could join in with your weather outside) and a personal messaging system - new things modern technology brings us. A fact - modern kids would rather have an iPhone over a black-and-white electronic easter egg and a few figures with extra games. BanDai doesn't see that fact. And that's why they're failing with Tamagotchi.

~ Dazzmina ~

GO-GOZARUTCHI1

• go-gozarutchi1 user photo

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:20 PM ( #83 )

I think BANDI AMERICA should make a color tam a that doesn't cost $100 dollars because i don't know if i can afford an iD L but i want a color tam a, also its in japanese which i don't speak so it would be really cool if they did plus a lot of people want them to!

_mamatchi_

• mamatchi user photo

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:43 PM ( #84 )

while reading the it made me smile topic on tamazone I saw this

Posted Image

the show 2 boke girls they show tamagotchis as cupcake toppers so I guess tamagotchis arnt dead YET Posted Image!

Credit for tamagotchi_freak_06 on tamazon for finding this out and taking a pic of it Posted Image!

In the Big Bang Theory episode "The Weekend Vortex", they referenced Tamagotchi too, another reason Tamagotchi will never die.
On the subject bout why BanDai is stopping, I think they are probably taking a break, and it will come back a few years later. Take My Little Pony, Popples, Furby, the older Tamagotchis, etc. They took breaks and came back years later!

boomtama

• boomtama user photo

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:43 PM ( #85 )

it could potentially be revived as a phone app.
  • Astromeno likes this

Tinkalila

• tinkalila user photo

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:13 PM ( #86 )

It's always a possibility that Bandai America could stop making tamas, considering that they aren't so successful in anywhere but Japan right now. I'm just glad they keep on making the Japanese ones. Although they are much more expensive due to the color screens, and the shipping from Japan, it is still worth it. I've heard rumors about a new American tamagotchi in 2013, but there's no details, and it's probably made up anyway.

Orandatchi

• orandatchi user photo

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:45 PM ( #87 )

it could potentially be revived as a phone app.

They already released Tamagotchi: 'Round The World for iDevices. ;)

gilerQ.

• gilerq user photo

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:39 PM ( #88 )

i love to the tamagotchis so much.... i from ecuador... and .... together we can save tamagotchi ... go! -.... :nazotchi:. tamagotchi are the best of this wold... :D ;) :excl:

Purimatchi!

• purimatchi user photo

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:30 PM ( #89 )

i love to the tamagotchis so much.... i from ecuador... and .... together we can save tamagotchi ... go! -.... :nazotchi:. tamagotchi are the best of this wold... :D ;) :excl:

I agree I hope they will renew the Tamagotchi line with something more high tech like Japan at least the Characters and stuff. Like Meloditchi, Moriritchi, ETC

TamagoPuppy

• tamagopuppy user photo

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:37 PM ( #90 )

i cant belive toys r us isnt selling gotchi figures anymore and if they sold ID L's a TON of people would buy it (in english). do you see how much they sell for on ebay!?!

MagicMimitchi

• magicmimitchi user photo

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:59 PM ( #91 )

If Bandai America is going to make a brand new Tamagotchi, it would have to be a major step up from the Tama-Go and have more inspired features from the Japanese Color Tamagotchis. I would suggest a larger screen with touch screen capabilities, which would make the Tamagotchi much flatter than previous versions. Maybe they can even bring back the sound sensors too like the OceanGotchi had as well? The newer Tama would look more like a very small touch screen phone or tablet. Technology is advancing, so the tech for Tamagotchis should too. :mimitchi:

xavplusplus

• xavplusplus user photo

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:37 PM ( #92 )

Just thought I'd let everyone know I send another email to bandai about tamas:)
  • tamacrazy96 likes this

xxKuchipatchixx

• xxkuchipatchixx user photo

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:20 AM ( #93 )

I totally understand The older versions are way better than the tama go I used to own a tama go but I hated it I mean it was okay but I like the older versions best. I eventually ended up losing it because I never used it. The older versions are awesome yet they don't sell them anywhere there is absolutely nothing tamagotchi at my local Wal-mart Not even a plush or something it is really annoying.

xmichellex

• xmichellex user photo

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:07 AM ( #94 )

well i hope they decide to make another tamagotchi :'( but if not, tamatown might shutdown or keep like that in its boring ways

hwd45

• hwd45 user photo

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:08 AM ( #95 )

well i hope they decide to make another tamagotchi :'( but if not, tamatown might shutdown or keep like that in its boring ways

Tamatown won't shut down, that would be unfair to those who still use their Tama-Go.

Keleois

• keleois user photo

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:41 AM ( #96 )

I still say I want a Tamagotchi iD L that's in English. I may learn to understand SPOKEN Japanese one day, but written is probably well beyond me. As of right now, I only understand two versions of a single sentence in Japanese, and neither version is likely to be used in the iD L, which doesn't bode well. (The two sentences are: Tori wa tonde imus; and: Tori tache wa tonde imus. The basically say "The bird is flying," and "The birds are flying," respectively.) I'd be willing to pay someone to tamper with one to change its language, but, according to my boyfriend, that wouldn't even work, lol. So, basically, I have to wait on Bandai to make one in English before I can enjoy it. Pfft. Will they hurry up and do it already? Lol.

Tamagirl1124

• tamagirl1124 user photo

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:38 PM ( #97 )

Well, now there is the new Tamagotchi L.I.F.E thing going on.....we shouldent give up hope yet~

lovetchi3035

• lovetchi3035 user photo

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:59 PM ( #98 )

To every one here Tamagotchi will never die!!! >:U

MusicalAngelgotchiOfLove

• musicalangelgotchioflove user photo

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:54 PM ( #99 )

For some reason I highly doubt they will stop so soon. They have brought out the iD L and Princess Spacy version so they might have some more Tamas to release. If they are still creating more Tamagotchis like the Princess Spacy version which came out in March 2012, there is surely more to come. Let's just keep our finger crossed.

MusicalAngelgotchiOfLove

• musicalangelgotchioflove user photo

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:29 PM ( #100 )

They already stopped selling the Tama-Gos here in Australia. The only shop I ever saw them in was Woolworths, and it was only for a short time. They stopped selling them in Toys R Us because I looked at their site and there was no trace of TMGC. I heard that Bandai America is going to stop making Tamagotchis because of the Tama-Go's low popularity. Furthermore, they don't want to release a color TMGC because it would cost 50$ and they think nobody would buy such an expensive toy. It's heart breaking, but it looks like Tama-fans are going to have to move to Japan...

I live in Australia too. It is very sad. I was walking through Toys R Us when I heard a girl saying "Hey, Tamagotchi! I remeber these!". She had a look, then walked off. That was when I stumbled over the new Tama-Go. There were only a small amount shown. I somewhat DID find a v3-v4.5 skin (unexpectedly). They used to have them at Myers at around 2008, I haven't seen one since from there.