Your favorite accents :)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Missvioletchi

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Truth is, I'm a HUUUUGE sucker for British accents. ;)

So...I was just wondering what everyone's favorite accents are, like: British, American, Irish, etc. Post your favorite accents below! :)

***NOTE: TOTALLY NOT TRYING TO BE RACIST AT ALL, BECAUSE I BELIEVE THAT EVERY ACCENT MAKES EVERYONE UNIQUE, SPECIAL, AND BEAUTIFUL! I DON'T MEAN THIS TO OFFEND ABSOLUTELY ANYONE!!!***

Last edited by a moderator:
A mildly rascist topic, but I think I'll post nonetheless

I generally like European accents (German, Irish, British, etc.), and slavic accents (Ukrainian, Russian, etc.)

And for future reference, Canadians do NOT have accents (I am one, we do not say "aboot", or "eh, all the time).

yeah.

I have a really chavvy accent. I'm quite ashamed of it.

I like every single type of Nothern Irish accent there is. Because, remember, it's not just an 'Irish' accent, just like it's not an 'American' accent. There are all different types of accents in countries.

A mildly rascist topic, but I think I'll post nonetheless

I generally like European accents (German, Irish, British, etc.), and slavic accents (Ukrainian, Russian, etc.)

And for future reference, Canadians do NOT have accents (I am one, we do not say "aboot", or "eh, all the time).

yeah.
I don't see how the topic is racist. Asking what our favorite accent is?

It's not like we are saying that one accent is superior to another or that another accent is inferior... is it?

Honestly... I really don't see how expressing a preference to the sound of a persons voice based on where they come from is bigoted - but, hey, by all means, PM me if you have a valid explanation as to how this thread is racist - I'd like to be educated ;)

I do flinch just a little when I hear ppl say they love the "British" accent. I come from London in England and my accent is nothing like that of ppl from Manchester in England or Cardiff in Wales or Perth in Scotland - we are all British and our accents are pretty different. That applies to the Irish accent too - I have family in Cork, Ireland and their accent is very different from friends who come from Belfast.

If you want to hear some of the very wide variety of British accents theres this link - it plays short clips of accents in different parts of the UK: Regional Voices - Britain

I have to disagree about Canadian accents. I think they do have accents. It sounds much softer to me than some accents from the USA.

I can usually tell if a person is from Cananda and not from the USA and it's down to the way they pronounce some of their words (an accent).

Some Canadians really do sound to me like they are saying "aboot" or maybe more like "aboat" whereas some ppl from the States sound to me more like "ab-owt" - and around my area of London ppl say "ab-aaat" or "'baaht". So I think there's definitely a difference in accents - maybe some ppl just can't hear it.

I think the accents you hear from folks in Newfoundland do sound different - I often think I can hear some slightly Irish accents in their way of speaking. It sounds pretty nice to me.

This is just my own experience (I have family in Vancouver and friends in Toronto and Windsor so it's not just made up!)

A typical Texan accent sounds different to me than a typical Brooklyn NY accent or one from a person who grew up in Georgia (USA - not Eastern Europe - I don't understand Georgian, only English!)

Just saying that even if you can't hear your own accent it's quite probable you have one if you have spent a certain length of time growing up in one place.

My favorite English accent is probably the Geordie accent (from Tyneside, England), although I really like most of the Scottish accents I hear.

I like the London accents, and French accents in general.

I've been told that it's easy to tell that I'm from Texas, because my voice has a little twang sometimes and I use the word 'ya'll' a lot.

I like the London accents, and French accents in general.

I've been told that it's easy to tell that I'm from Texas, because my voice has a little twang sometimes and I use the word 'ya'll' a lot.
that. right there. becausefrenchaccentsaresmexeh

I also like Spanish accents (and that also counts for Mexican, Argentinian, all those countries)

And ours, of course :D

Truth is, I'm a HUUUUGE sucker for British accents.
wink.gif
Same x3

Welsh (because I'm Welsh :3 ) haha I do love listening to REALLY welsh people though, their accents are really strong. Whereas mine is a very messed up and faded welsh accent because I don't live there.

I also love italian accents ~ <3

i like chinese accents for some strange reason.... B)

i like to pretend i have a canadian accent. xD but i sound the same as americans. -_-

What's an American accent? xD Sorry, I'm from California and don't think I have an accent (unless you count a lisp which I would love to get rid of -_- )

My favorite is probably British like in the Potter Puppet Pals. Obviously they're not British, but I like the sound of Harry in there.

However, I can't stand when peoples' accents are too heavy; For example, and for the record I am head over heals in love with Adele, but the other night on the Grammy's I could barely understand her. I don't like those...

I'd love to go to Israel and see regional differences in Hebrew... For some reason I find that really fascinating... <3

yes I have to admit Im a sucker for NZ accents ( I think San Dieagens (Califronians)dont have a accent but so that means I have a lame no accent :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back