The No-Pause Challenge

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicefly

Reaction score
Back in the day, when the P1s and P2s were still in shops, and Tamagotchis were still a new thing, the only way to pause them was to stop the clock for a while.

Before I discovered this, I used to care for mine 24/7. I did pretty well sneaking it into school, and I miss the days of clutching the Tamagotchi under a long sleeve so nobody saw it, and knowing how to feed it without looking at the screen because I had to do it under the table!

Nowadays there's no chance I'd be able to hide my Tama-Go at work, it's just too fat! So I pause it for the whole shift. It feels kind of like cheating, and sort of like a cop-out. You can't pause a real pet! So I started trying to see how I'd do without pausing it at all.

I have to be pretty sneaky. But what about you guys? Do you often pause your pets? How well would you do if there was no pause feature at all?

It's a piece of cake to avoid pausing Tamas, if you truly love them enough to sneak them into school and anywhere else they're not allowed. I have nineteen, from the older-than-me Japanese Angel to the iD L that came out this March. I have all sizes, shapes, colours and different features, not to mention prices and how difficult it was to get some of them. All of them have been paused, and most have either died or had accidents or are glitched. Which basically means this: I can take care of all shapes and sizes of Tamagotchi, wherever I need to.

My Tamas are mostly older versions, from Angel to V6. However, I do have five Tama-Gos and an iD L. I have sneaked a Tama-Go into school once, and raised maximum two generations on them. As for my iD L, I am NOT having that thing smashed by some bully, so it is treated with extra care and doesn't go anywhere near school. I am on seventh generation, no problems or pausing (apart from baby stages; I do that 20 minutes at a time usually) or school-sneaking. Going fine with sutiable characters and no glitches so far.

This bring back memories of my failing school-sneaking last year :) Lucky no-one told on me!

Ah, memories. Of 4th grade and everyone playing with their tamas while the teacher was out of the classroom. Nowadays, I keep my iD L in my locker and check it between classes. So I don't pause it. And no, I don't think of it as cheating. Would a normal pet get hungry every half hour and would you feed it something like a scone, sushi, bread or cereal? Of course not! Tamagotchis are not meant to replace pets, they are just toys. Extremely fun and addicting toys, but toys nonetheless.

I guess the consequences of being caught at work are greater than those of being caught at school lol :p You guys are good- when I was at school, the coat rooms were so crowded at break times, I used to sneak off to the bathrooms to hide haha!

ApertureGotchi, I know there are few real pets who demand to be fed every couple of hours (with the exception of baby animals), but it takes away from the fun if you don't think of Tamagotchis as pets. I guess I think like that because I've never been able to have any real pets where I live, so I've always been given Tamas as a substitute. Whenever one dies, I think 'Oh I'll never be able to look after a real pet if I can't even keep a Tamagotchi alive'!

I used to put my tamagotchis to sleep while I was at school. It was better than my mum looking after them, as we would always come home to a starving, unhappy tamagotchi.

Only times I pause is during school. I go to Middle school, so with the changing of classrooms, I'm afraid that If I can lose two pens, in two hours, I can easily lose one of my beloved pets. < 3

I never pause my Tamas. I'm very bad, I always check on them in classes because I sit in the back in all of them! :)

I never really liked pausing them, I also felt like it was cheating. I like having them always running, and I hate setting the time. ;)

I've only "paused" my iD L once because I was going to a sleepover party at my friend's (who happens to hate tamagotchis with a burning passion -_- ) house, and I just couldn't leave my iD L unattended for 15+ hours, that would just be cruel. Other than that I've stopped setting the time, no pausing, and I check up on my tamas in between classes and make sure they're alright. :)

While I was at school I used to put them to sleep so they won't die, but now I just bring them to school, turn the sound off, and take care of them while in the bathroom or at my locker.

Man, you guys are hard-core. I'm nowhere near that dedicated to mine, so whenever I don't want to play with them I set the time to night and let them sleep. :p Haha.

I never do that, I enjoy the challenge :) Normally if I need to do something I just turn off the sounds and check them periodically. If I forget I easily come up with an explanation for the beeping:

1. Pager

2. Phone

3. Watch

or if in a class room, sit there and look around with everyone else and pretend you don't know whats going on either :D .

I used to with my Music Star, it's thin enough that it can easily be hidden in my one skirt pocket. But nowmy Music Star's battery is dead, and I'm hoping to trade it, I only have my Tama-Gos up and running, and one alone is too big to hide, let alone two, so I pause them during the school week, and unpause them in the weekends and holidays.

Tama-go is too big for me to hide in my skirt pocket. My pocket contains my phone, ipod and tissue, and i just place them under the table in class and bring them along when leaving the class. The thing is that.. I just got my Tama-go and school is starting in a few weeks again, so im thinking of leaving my Tama-go on pause at home as it is a real trouble to bring them to school. My pocket wil budge out and it looks awkward. Or should i just put it in my bag??

I have been sneaking mine to work with me, and depending on if its busy or not is how much care my Tamagotchi gets. I am worried about scratching the screen accidently as I keep it in one of my labcoat pockets ... and I tend to pile things in my pockets. I do pause mine once and a while when I get too busy or bored with them.

I have yet to figure out if the iD-L has the pause feature, but to be honest, I'm glad that it doesn't. I'm able to use it at work, it's not a big deal as long as I'm not using it when I've got someone on the phone.

I enjoy that it would have to be manipulated, clock wise, in order to get a break from it, so to speak.

The need for constant care is rather nice. :)

OH MY GOD YOU GUYS ARE RISKY! I would never, not ever, take my iD L anywhere NEAR school. But then, I go to junior school, the same school as 4-8 year olds, who can sometimes be a bit naughty and would probably steal an iD L just for a laugh. But it is more than a laugh, it's worth $100. If you stuck a label on it saying "this is worth $100 DO NOT STEAL IT" they would probably steal it and sell it.

I try not to pause it. But I don't take it abseiling or ice skating. Would you? I do take it rollerskating though. And no, I can't abseil or ice skate, my family and I just occasionally have a go at adventurous things. :)

~ Dazzmina ~

I've hardly ever paused a Tamagotchi. You just set the clock to midnight and they go to sleep while your out.

I recently finished year 8 and we were never allowed Tamas at school. So of course I smuggled them in anyways. I kept the unpaused with sound off. Once or twice a day I pretended to go to the toilet and just checked up on them then. The High School I am going to next year allows that sort of stuff as long its not used in class time. So I don't pause my Tamas often. Only if I will be gone for AGES then I pause them.

I go to a pretty strict school now so my Tamagotchi's would never be allowed. But after recently starting up my Music Star again, I don't want to pause it whilst I'm at school. I might be able to smuggle it, but I'm sure I wouldn't have the time to look after it as our lessons last 100 minutes. I'm thinking I might have to change the time and set it to sleep or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back