Is anyone out there old enough to have bought their first tamagotchi as a v1?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbles11

Reaction score
Going through this forum I see everyone talking about their first tamagotchi's being v3's, v4's, etc. I want to know if anyone besides me had their first be a v1? Haha, I feel old...

Not sure if this counts because it's even earlier than the V1 but my first Tamagotchi I bought in stores was a P2 back in 1999. I know there are more than a handful of us in the same boat out there (for example, see THIS topic and THIS topic for a variety of different "first encounters" with Tamagotchi; you'll find a lot of similar topics right in this "Seriously Tamagotchi" section). Most old-schoolers aren't on here as often, the vintage Tamagotchis have become obsolete (they're less available on Ebay than a lot of the more modern Connection Tamagotchis anyway), and Tamagotchis these days are geared toward a younger age group than before, so there are a lot of different factors going into why it may seem like everyone's first Tamagotchi was a modern Connection. Just know you're not the only one! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My first was a V1! <3 I got it because I saw the commercials for it. I only knew one other kid that had a Tama at the time, so we'd connect all the time. To this day I don't really understand why it suddenly exploded into popularity with the V2s when almost no one had a V1.

my firsties were a v1-V2 they were both in the store at the same time for some reason :huh: . I was in second-third grade, I remeber when my first tamagotchi died I was Devastated! :blink: me and my bff had sleepovers every weekend and we both were diehard tamagotchi fans. I moved away to another state and forgot tamagotchis in 4th grade my misery made me need my tamagotchi more than ever. I forgot them for a while and imagine my suprise when I saw a V4 In the toy rack! and that was the beggining of my collection. most current one I have now is the IDL. heh.

Yup. Owned a P2 Tama... I didn't know they had two different tamas (p1 or p2) But I had to get a V1 as soon as I saw one...

My first tamagotchi was a V2. At the time I was 10, so if I knew about them earlier, my first would have been a V1. My friend's first tamagotchi was a V1, but he never got a V2.

my first was a p1. then got back into them when the v1 was released. i was 12 :)

My first tamagotchi was a V1 - I was nine years old at the time, and they were the latest craze at my elementary school, so of course I has to have one. Who could have known that they were going to trigger a longtime obsession and collecting hobby? :p

Ah... My obsession started back in 04 when the first person in my class to get a tamagotchi got one. I had never heard of them before and I always begged her to play with it. I even made a little paper blanket for it :p I was in 5th grade, 10 years old. I saved up my money ($15 was a lot for a kid with $3 a week allowance!) and went to Target and bought my very first tamagotchi. It was pale pink with red buttons, no designs. I still have it to this day but it's in terrible shape. I talked my sister into getting one, and we played with them so much. My obsession continued for years, all the way through to the v4.5. I believe I was in 8th grade when they came out. It was the last tamagotchi I ever bought new. I guess I was growing up and didn't need them anymore. I eventually bought 3 tamas from a friend (a v1, v3, and v5) so that's what I have now. I feel like I've stuck through so long. I've been playing with tamagotchis for 7 years. Wow.

My first tama was a v1. I saw this boy with one that he got on holidays and I begged my mum for one at Christmas, I only got 2 toys a year: Christmas and my birthday. I remember running into a Toys r Us and searching for them and being really excited because there was a pink one.

This was when I was in 2004 while I year 5 so I think I was 9 or something.

Tamagotchis were so popular that before I left primary school, EVERYONE at school had a v1.

The spoiled kids soon got v2s and stuff but pretty soon after that, the hype fizzled.

I never really took care of them and I ended up just throwing them away... That's what I did for my v1, v3 and v4s.

I was never aware of the popularity of them overseas.

I only rediscovered tamagotchis this year.

They aren't really popular anymore.

I haven't seen any kids with tama-gos. (Except me, I have 3... :/)

They're all clutching an iPod touch, or their Zhu zhu pets.

It makes me sad.

Wow. A lot of people were 9 or 10 when they bought their first tamagotchi. Quite a few people seem to have bought their first tamagotchi around 2005 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back