Digimon tamagotchi, how much are they worth?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleChamametchi

Reaction score
I have some old digimon stuff.

Both are as is. The batteries are dead and there's no packaging.

I got the tamagotchi for Christmas a very long time ago.

The digivice I found at a garage sale.

P1030342-1.jpg

The back of the digivice says "BANDAI 2002"

While the tamagotchi has "BANDAI 1997"

Any help telling me how much they are likely to be worth?

Thankyou!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the Red one, Ultimately based on version, Is probably worth atleast $100, sometimes lower.... I've seen some for $50 though, that work.... I think there are 2 or 3 versions they came out with in the brick digivices...... I own none of the bricks to offically know.

Then the Season 4 Digivice, It ranges from $35 up to $80, sometimes more... That one with the round frame makes it one of the more rarer of the season 4s... so it might be worth a bit more. I don't have that version, but I *think* its a version 3 of the Season 4s....

I would go snoop on Ebay.... Get your numbers from that. Most of those come up under Digivice or the season of digimon it is found in. The Red one wasn't IN a season, it was a tamagotchi digivice. The other is from Season 4 of Digimon.

Your welcome.

You should go look at the Season 1 Digivices... Lol. That can get pretty pricey too. Exp, the Japanese ones. Since they are more rare then they have been in previous years... The price is going up.

Don't go by ebay listings, the prices of Digimon v-pets and other Digimon merchandise have been artificially inflating for a few years now.

It's the same people over and over again putting them up for insane prices in the ranges of $70-$200. Nobody is actually buying them for those prices.

These sellers want to scalp their targets. They use the excuse of "supply versus demand" to sell a product many times its actual value. It's a big scam, really.

When you saturate a market (like eBay) with an item that is difficult to find anywhere else, you can simply make a bunch of highly-priced listings that no one will buy. By making so many of these insanely-priced listings, you encourage other sellers (and some buyers) to change their minds into thinking that this is the value of the item.

It's been going on like this for a long time. It's such a shame. :{

I don't follow the pedometer Digivices (the ones patterned after the cartoon), but I can price the original Digimons (brick cage)

I'd say yours (a V4, if I'm not mistaken) is worth maybe $30-$40 if it is in good condition: Works well (doesn't reset itself randomly), has a good screen (no pixel flaring or fading), has working sound, working buttons and no stripped screws.

(I hope this isn't too much of a late reply, but I feel the need to inform people of ridiculous inflation. Digimon v-pets are not worth hundreds of dollars. If you're paying that much, you're getting ripped off!)

Don't go by ebay listings, the prices of Digimon v-pets and other Digimon merchandise have been artificially inflating for a few years now.

It's the same people over and over again putting them up for insane prices in the ranges of $70-$200. Nobody is actually buying them for those prices.

These sellers want to scalp their targets. They use the excuse of "supply versus demand" to sell a product many times its actual value. It's a big scam, really.

When you saturate a market (like eBay) with an item that is difficult to find anywhere else, you can simply make a bunch of highly-priced listings that no one will buy. By making so many of these insanely-priced listings, you encourage other sellers (and some buyers) to change their minds into thinking that this is the value of the item.

It's been going on like this for a long time. It's such a shame. :{

I don't follow the pedometer Digivices (the ones patterned after the cartoon), but I can price the original Digimons (brick cage)

I'd say yours (a V4, if I'm not mistaken) is worth maybe $30-$40 if it is in good condition: Works well (doesn't reset itself randomly), has a good screen (no pixel flaring or fading), has working sound, working buttons and no stripped screws.

(I hope this isn't too much of a late reply, but I feel the need to inform people of ridiculous inflation. Digimon v-pets are not worth hundreds of dollars. If you're paying that much, you're getting ripped off!)
I totally agree with you about the prices being inflated for the Digimon Tamagotchis. It's hard to find ones that are good quality and affordable. I recently been trying to bid on some Vintage Digimon Pendulums but sadly the bids always get too high for me. :(

MintyDream's prices are about right -- I just bought two brick Digimon pets for about $50 each earlier this week (though I had to watch the auction really carefully to make sure I snapped them up!). I saw some other auctions where they were at about $30 with a day or so left (but I didn't go for them because... well, I had already bought some).The ones that are priced at around $100 are Buy It Nows that are just sitting there because no one wants to pay that much >_>

The digivice I would also put at $30 - $40.

I totally agree with you about the prices being inflated for the Digimon Tamagotchis. It's hard to find ones that are good quality and affordable. I recently been trying to bid on some Vintage Digimon Pendulums but sadly the bids always get too high for me. :(
I know that feeling. :(

I've been a fan of Digimon v-pets since their debut in '97, and I haven't been able to find any fairly priced 'mons for about 10 years. DX I really, really want to replace my

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png.
To add to the difficulty, almost no sellers want to ship to Canada. Even if I do find a fairly priced Digimon that doesn't have a massive bidding war going on, I'll still usually be out of luck. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back