Photo
- - - - -

Welcome to the updated TamaTalk!

tamatalk news

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

OldSchoolTama

• oldschooltama user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:38 PM ( #41 )

I finally got to try out the mobile version of the site and I am LOVING it! I noticed the little icon in the top right corner that looks like 4 little tiles: amazing function! It makes it so much more intuitive to navigate around the site quickly without having to load pages and such. Especially the "New Content" selection. That's the highlight for me because that's one of the first things I go to when I log in to the site. I don't think the old mobile site had that. Oh, and I also noticed the "Chat" selection as well. Pretty cool! :)

NintenNerd

• nintennerd user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:23 PM ( #42 )

The three things I don't like about the upgrade is that the avatars are reduced in size and animated avatars are cut off and don't animate. The toolbar bugs me since it scrolls down with you.

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:23 PM ( #43 )

I can work on the avatar sizing... Do others want the larger sizes back?

Are all animated gifs not animating?

The toolbar... I have received a number of comments about people liking it because it stays at top (because it makes everything easily accessible)... How many are bugged by this? How many like it?

OldSchoolTama

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:09 PM ( #44 )

It's really weird. My GIF is animated when viewing my profile page but not anywhere else. Is that supposed to happen? :huh:

My_Kuchipatchi_Is_Emerald

• my-kuchipatchi-is-emerald user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:08 PM ( #45 )

*Claps*:D good job

Runner

• runner user photo

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:19 PM ( #46 )

The new tamatalk is okay, although a bit confusing. When I first back back from my 1 month absence, I was all, "Wut where's the logout button and wut where's the options".

Pros:
TT looks more modern.
Profiles look a bit more organized

Cons:
Status updating is harder. I miss the status update thingy right in the recent statuses.
It's gonna take me awhile to get used to looking underneath the topic to see who started it rather than looking at the next column.
No more linking links with words. Like the thingy in my sig, with the symbols. That's a link. I can still edit it luckily so I changed it to advertise another RP rather than the one I had there.

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:15 AM ( #47 )

OK well I have to work out some coding kinks to make the avatars bigger. Making them bigger will also let me enable the animations in the topic views.

As far as linking with words goes, the update changed how you do it. Basically you can either type out the url bbcode manually or you highlight a word first and then click the Link button and enter the url.

Runner

• runner user photo

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:29 PM ( #48 )

Oh, so you can still do the word link thingy? Yay :D It'll take some getting used to, but I can adjust. *experiments*

kuromametchifan123

• kuromametchifan123 user photo

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:25 PM ( #49 )

Love the update Admin! I have a question though, how do I add videos to my posts without putting in a link? I can't seem to figure that out.
(Edit: Never mind, I found it! :) )

Edited by kuromametchifan123, 20 November 2011 - 01:48 PM.

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:27 PM ( #50 )

Quick update... Both the larger avatar and animations in avatars are working again. If things look a little strange or are overlapping you should clear your web browsers cache first and then try to relaod the page. :)

joshnemo

• joshnemo user photo

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:12 PM ( #51 )

Everything has been running very smoothly for me and only now have I noticed just one little error. c:
Writing specifically, for some reason this post has no Edit option, yet all of my more recent posts do? :hanatchi:

I assume it is because I had posted it prior to the website's update? :newmametchi:

OldSchoolTama

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:26 PM ( #52 )

Everything has been running very smoothly for me and only now have I noticed just one little error. c:
Writing specifically, for some reason this post has no Edit option, yet all of my more recent posts do? :hanatchi:

I assume it is because I had posted it prior to the website's update? :newmametchi:

Last I remember, there's only a 24-hour period in which one could make edits to their posts. It's been that way since the beginning.
  • joshnemo and samantha love 2012 like this

joshnemo

• joshnemo user photo

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:38 PM ( #53 )

Last I remember, there's only a 24-hour period in which one could make edits to their posts. It's been that way since the beginning.

Oh okay, thank you. I cannot believe that I never realised that! :rolleyes:
Also, what ever happened to that "Tamagotchi" sound file which played whenever someone entered TamaChat? Was the audio file not compatible with the new upgrade or did the Admin accidentally remove the file? :hanatchi:

I miss not hearing that noise. It was always something of a nostalgic relic to me and it would always remind me of the early days of this forum whenever I visited the Chatroom. :c
  • samantha love 2012 likes this

OldSchoolTama

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:09 AM ( #54 )

Also, what ever happened to that "Tamagotchi" sound file which played whenever someone entered TamaChat? Was the audio file not compatible with the new upgrade or did the Admin accidentally remove the file? :hanatchi:
I miss not hearing that noise. It was always something of a nostalgic relic to me and it would always remind me of the early days of this forum whenever I visited the Chatroom. :c

Hmm...well, according to THIS post made somewhere on the first page of this thread, it should be back up.
  • joshnemo likes this

-Ra-

• ra user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:32 PM ( #55 )

TamaTalk's looking more and more modern and chic each time I log in here, well done, Admin! :)

I do have one question though. What on earth is that tiny red square with the number inside, floating above the TamaCHAT! link?

Ra,

Edited by -Ra-, 25 November 2011 - 06:43 PM.

joshnemo

• joshnemo user photo

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:47 PM ( #56 )

I do have one question though. What on earth is that tiny red square with the number inside, floating above the TamaCHAT! link?

Ra,

The red square above the TamaChat link actually represents the number of people within the Chat room! c:

or so I believe anyway... :P

Violetchilluvr3

• violetchilluvr3 user photo

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:37 PM ( #57 )

Ok, getting more used to the new update. :)
I like it, except the only thing I miss is that you could hover over the quick site navigator in the old TT. Oh well, as long as you don't toally get rid of it! :)
Thanks for putting so much hard work into the site, Admin. :)

'/={3

• 3 user photo

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:24 PM ( #58 )

Another update?
This will take some time to get used too...

i agree.... this will be hard...

pokemonboy10

• pokemonboy10 user photo

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:55 PM ( #59 )

Its alright, but tbh, I miss the TamaTalk from '09.

kuchipatchi.is.blue55

• kuchipatchiisblue55 user photo

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:34 PM ( #60 )

it's really annoying on the mobile site because i can't add colour (the bar when you post with the bold, italic, underlined, emoticons, etc. doesn't show up) and i only remember about 4 emoticons so that's not really great as i like them...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tamatalk, news