Photo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:45 PM ( #1 )

Please post here if you experience any problems with the update to TamaTalk. Please be as descriptive as you can. Also, please include which web browser and browser version you are using. If you can take a screen shot that would also be great! :D

Replies

Views

Started

09 Nov 2011

Last Post

24 Apr 2012

chrispilot2293

• chrispilot2293 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:49 PM ( #2 )

# of chatters overlaps "TamaCHAT!" in Google Chrome 17.0.932.0 dev-m and IE7-10 (metro) and Firefox3-11-Nightly :(

Edited by chrispilot2293, 09 November 2011 - 02:50 PM.

Violetchilluvr3

• violetchilluvr3 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:53 PM ( #3 )

I tried to upload a new profile picture (Avatar) but it said "upload failed" :(
IE... 7? Newest.

jordboss

• jordboss user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:14 PM ( #4 )

When I click on TamaTalk at the top to go back to the main page (IPhone version) it doesn't go back but sends me a error message. I think it might just need time to sort itself out but anyway I though I would let you know :P

chrispilot2293

• chrispilot2293 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:34 AM ( #5 )

IE... 7? Newest.

Try IE9 :) ONLY IF YOU HAVE VISTA/7

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:15 AM ( #6 )

I can not quick reply to any topics... Using Firefox 7 or 8.... My Internet exploder doesn't let me either... (Internet Explorer, mine generally doesn't like me right now...)

hwd45

• hwd45 user photo

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:43 AM ( #7 )

Uh, I can't seem to see most of the emotes on the mobile site D:

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:25 PM ( #8 )

IE... 7? Newest.

Did you receive an error or did the new image just not show up yet? I am wondering if this is the small delay in time after changing an avatar that happens because of the caching system we use.

Also, both IE 6 and IE 7 are really old as well as a pain to code for... A lot of sites are stopping to support them (I know I didn't do much testing for either version. Please try it in a newer version of IE or a different version (Chrome or Firefox).

When I click on TamaTalk at the top to go back to the main page (IPhone version) it doesn't go back but sends me a error message. I think it might just need time to sort itself out but anyway I though I would let you know :P

I tried it on mine and it works normally. Can you try it again today an let me know the error? Also, can you type out the error you receive?

I can not quick reply to any topics... Using Firefox 7 or 8.... My Internet exploder doesn't let me either... (Internet Explorer, mine generally doesn't like me right now...)

Not sure what is going on... I know in some testing my web browser seemed to take a minute to finish loading the page. once the page loaded the quick reply was available. I that what you are seeing or didyou get an error or something?

Uh, I can't seem to see most of the emotes on the mobile site D:

Are you not seeing the emoticons or you arent able to select them to include in your post?

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:07 PM ( #9 )

I can click the button all I want... Nothing happens even after waiting. Then I will go into the normal reply to topic and that works fine... also, I'm not seeing the emoticons either. My last post I wasn't able to edit, I didn't think that was too much of a biggy since hwd45 made a post about emoticons. I don't see those anywhere, even on the reply to topic area......

So no errors when I go to post. Not loading at all and I've tried multiple things...

.chasm.

• chasm user photo

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:21 PM ( #10 )

The mobile site's beoing incredibly glitchy on my phone. When the page loads, the whole of it is covered by a black bar which I guess is the background. It disappears around a link if the link's highlighted, but then returns when I click back off it. No replies are bein sent through on it, either.

Ham11

• ham11 user photo

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:45 PM ( #11 )

The member name and avvie info is bleeding over into the posted reply and (same as Chrispilot 2293) the chat number overlaps TamaCHAT link:

http://imageshack.us...radeprobs1.jpg/

Image won't load from ImageShack using your IMG icon on my reply screen... so here's the Screen cap

(I'm using Google chrome atm)

tamaturtle

• tamaturtle user photo

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:05 PM ( #12 )

I don't even have a mobile site on my HTC Wildfire... do you have to enable it somewhere?

.chasm.

• chasm user photo

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:13 PM ( #13 )

Okay, clicking "Go to last unread post" just redirects to the first post of a topic

danieeel971

• danieeel971 user photo

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:26 PM ( #14 )

Is it supposed to look like this? The light gray goes very near the text. :/
http://i.imgur.com/NcDaH.png

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:45 PM ( #15 )

OK the overlapping stuff I have fixed. It was some experimenting earlier that didn't work as planned. Should be better now.

I am also hearing reports of some people not being able to reply to topics and stuff. If this is happening to you please PM me or contact me however you can. So if you are on a smartphone, other mobile device or a computer I'd like for you to tell me which browser and version you are using so that I can try and narrow down the problem.

Also, for anyone who has some quirky problems going on... Try to clear your browser's cache. Does it help?

I also turned on the option so Android devices like the HTC are seeing the mobile site. For some reason they weren't before.

Violetchilluvr3

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:16 PM ( #16 )

Did you receive an error or did the new image just not show up yet? I am wondering if this is the small delay in time after changing an avatar that happens because of the caching system we use.

Also, both IE 6 and IE 7 are really old as well as a pain to code for... A lot of sites are stopping to support them (I know I didn't do much testing for either version. Please try it in a newer version of IE or a different version (Chrome or Firefox).

Well it's definately the newest Internet, I'm not sure what number but it's the newest. 9 sounds right, but I stopped paying attention to numbers around 7 ;)
It says "Upload failed", but I'll try it again and let you know. :P
I also can't see a lot of people's avatars on the forums. It's very annoying to not know who's saying what.

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:13 PM ( #17 )

@Violetchilluvr3: Please use the link I posted to try and clear your browser's cache. Try that and let me know if it helps.

I made a tweak last night that hopefully gets rid of the problems.

These kinds of bugs/problems are always inevitable after an upgrade. I appreciate everyones patience as they are worked out. Please let me know if you experience any problems... I want to know!

Violetchilluvr3

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:23 PM ( #18 )

I did try it after I cleared my cache a while ago, but it still didn't work :(

tinkeepie11

• tinkeepie11 user photo

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:22 AM ( #19 )

I tried to log out but it won't let me log out?

.chasm.

• chasm user photo

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:32 AM ( #20 )

The mobile site's now not working at all for me now. Any page I try to go on gives me this error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method skin_ipchat_2::chatMobileLink() in
/home/tamatalk/public_html/IB/admin/applications_addon/ips/ipchat/sources/hooks.php
on line 276

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tamatalk, problems