Photo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

OldSchoolTama

• oldschooltama user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:33 AM ( #41 )

Is there a way to go back to the old way for birthday listings...you know, how all the birthdays for the day were listed somewhere at the bottom of the page? If not, then is there a fix for the current way of listing them because I'm finding that sometimes the birthdays show up and sometimes it says "no birthdays today" even though there are people celebrating a birthday that day. Maybe it's just me. :huh:

Violetchilluvr3

• violetchilluvr3 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:48 AM ( #42 )

I have that, too. Sometimes it'll say "27 people celebrating a birthday today" and then other times no one is. :(

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:49 AM ( #43 )

I also preferred the old way of displaying the birthdays... This is the new way they are doing it by default so I left it thinking maybe I would grow to like it. Let me see if I can find a way to get back the full listing.

Violetchilluvr3

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:15 AM ( #44 )

Is it just me or can we not see other people's karma? I always liked seeing other peoples'...
  • Admin likes this

OldSchoolTama

• oldschooltama user photo

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:08 AM ( #45 )

Is it just me or can we not see other people's karma? I always liked seeing other peoples'...

I see other members' karma, both in the side bar next to posts and on their profile pages. Perhaps using a different browser or clearing the cache might help?

Violetchilluvr3

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:50 PM ( #46 )

Nope, tried a different browser and clearing my cache, but I can still only see mine... Oh, well, I guess. :rolleyes:

Orandatchi

• orandatchi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:03 AM ( #47 )

I use Google Chrome and IE9 but I do not see the karma level. D:

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:14 AM ( #48 )

Interesting - It looks like members can no longer see the karma bar of others but staff members can.

Maybe this is a little change to the features which snuck through the recent upgrade? We can check this with Admin.

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:48 AM ( #49 )

Oops! I missed that (since I am staff and always saw it there :P )

It has been fixed. All logged in members should now be able to see the karma level of other members.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Violetchilluvr3

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:58 AM ( #50 )

Ooh, great! Thanks Admin! Whatever you did worked. Thank you so much for keeping TT running! :3

Violetchilluvr3

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:13 PM ( #51 )

Having more trouble trying to change my profile picture... :/
I tried clearing my cache, removing my photo, and I tried it on three different browsers, but it gave me the same thing on each.
Posted Image

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:11 PM ( #52 )

Having more trouble trying to change my profile picture... :/
I tried clearing my cache, removing my photo, and I tried it on three different browsers, but it gave me the same thing on each.

Looks like like you are seeing an actual error. Can you PM me so we can troubleshoot this? I'd like to know more about the image you are trying to upload (like its file size and what type of file it is).

Aquangel

• aquangel user photo

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:18 AM ( #53 )

I ignored seeing signatures. Now I can't get them back. How can I get them back? Never mind.

Edited by Aquangel, 09 January 2012 - 11:37 AM.

It`s Teri

• its-teri user photo

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:06 AM ( #54 )

Like Violetchilluvr3, I tried to change my picture today, but it's not changing. It still shows my old picture. I changed it, it's even changed when I go to the change picture option to make sure it's changed:
Posted Image
But when I leave that, and go to the rest of TamaTalk, it's still my old picture. I asked some others in chat if they could see my new picture and they said, even after refreshing, they still saw my old picture. I tried on IE, Chrome, and Firefox, and I tried clearing my cache, but it still hasn't changed.

EDIT: I also tried removing the photo and putting the new one on, it still shows the old one.

Edited by It`s Teri, 31 January 2012 - 05:21 PM.

TicTax

• tictax user photo

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:35 AM ( #55 )

^ yep Im also trying to change my pic its also not working Posted Image

kuchipatchi.is.blue55

• kuchipatchiisblue55 user photo

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:11 PM ( #56 )

Like Violetchilluvr3, I tried to change my picture today, but it's not changing. It still shows my old picture. I changed it, it's even changed when I go to the change picture option to make sure it's changed:
Posted Image
But when I leave that, and go to the rest of TamaTalk, it's still my old picture. I asked some others in chat if they could see my new picture and they said, even after refreshing, they still saw my old picture. I tried on IE, Chrome, and Firefox, and I tried clearing my cache, but it still hasn't changed.

EDIT: I also tried removing the photo and putting the new one on, it still shows the old one.

^ yep Im also trying to change my pic its also not working Posted Image

i don't mean to intrude, but it does take a bit of time for your avatar to change. at one point i had three different avatars because i was frustrated and changed it to three different things. :P just be patient and keep trying every now and then, it should come out in the end.

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:27 PM ( #57 )

The avatar thing can be explained by the server caching service we use. The major benefit of this is that the site loads faster for everyone. The side effect is that images and stuff are cached on various servers all over the world. When you browse TT you are actually talking to our server + loads of others to get images and stuff. When you change your picture on our server it sometimes takes a while for all the other servers to notice and catch up. As kuchipatchi.is.blue55 mentioned, it can take some time. Let's see if these images change by tomorrow. K?

tamagotchidude150

• tamagotchidude150 user photo

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:52 PM ( #58 )

Tamachat issue - I know I have been approved to use it, but it keeps kicking me out! :angry:

kuchipatchi.is.blue55

• kuchipatchiisblue55 user photo

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:48 PM ( #59 )

Tamachat issue - I know I have been approved to use it, but it keeps kicking me out! :angry:

that happened to me too this week, but only once. :rolleyes: is it random? when i got kicked out, i'm positive i was following site rules. (actually, i wasn't really saying anything. :P)

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:18 PM ( #60 )

that happened to me too this week, but only once. :rolleyes: is it random? when i got kicked out, i'm positive i was following site rules. (actually, i wasn't really saying anything. :P)

This is random. Sometimes it happens. Not quite sure why. Some days the chat room is glitchy and random members get kicked or have trouble getting in for no apparent reason.

If you are kicked out of Chat it should be by a TamaTalk Guide and it will be for breaking site rules which will be pointed out to you before you're kicked (unless of course you're behaving so obscenely that no explanation or warning is necessary or deserved..) ;)

If you're randomly kicked or logged out for no apparent reason it's the glitch.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tamatalk, problems