Photo
test
  • This topic is locked

tamagotchidude150

• tamagotchidude150 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:48 PM ( #61 )

This is random. Sometimes it happens. Not quite sure why. Some days the chat room is glitchy and random members get kicked or have trouble getting in for no apparent reason.

If you are kicked out of Chat it should be by a TamaTalk Guide and it will be for breaking site rules which will be pointed out to you before you're kicked (unless of course you're behaving so obscenely that no explanation or warning is necessary or deserved..) ;)

If you're randomly kicked or logged out for no apparent reason it's the glitch.

It still seems to be kicking out automatically when I access it on my Google Chrome browser but doesnt kick me out when I access it on my iPad. It must be the browser I'm using (that it doesnt like :-( )

Edited by tamagotchidude150, 03 February 2012 - 03:50 PM.

It`s Teri

• its-teri user photo

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:50 AM ( #62 )

The avatar thing can be explained by the server caching service we use. The major benefit of this is that the site loads faster for everyone. The side effect is that images and stuff are cached on various servers all over the world. When you browse TT you are actually talking to our server + loads of others to get images and stuff. When you change your picture on our server it sometimes takes a while for all the other servers to notice and catch up. As kuchipatchi.is.blue55 mentioned, it can take some time. Let's see if these images change by tomorrow. K?

Thanks, it changed yesterday! It took a week, but it finally changed!

OldSchoolTama

• oldschooltama user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:17 AM ( #63 )

The birthdays display is still bugging me. I know it's not high on your priority list but I just thought I'd mention it again. My eyes are always drawn to it and I'm amused at how sometimes they show up and sometimes they don't. :P

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:46 PM ( #64 )

The birthdays display is still bugging me. I know it's not high on your priority list but I just thought I'd mention it again. My eyes are always drawn to it and I'm amused at how sometimes they show up and sometimes they don't. :P

Thanks for the reminder! Yep. I found the original birthday box to be kinda buggy. It has been updated now and will hopefully be more reliable. :)

boomtama

• boomtama user photo

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:49 PM ( #65 )

no complaints here!

kuchipatchi.is.blue55

• kuchipatchiisblue55 user photo

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:19 PM ( #66 )

I don't know if it's the update or not, but when I update my about me page on my profile, sometimes it won't save and I have to rewrite it over, and over, and over. It's beginning to bug me. Usually I hit "finish & save" then "save my settings" or whatever for good measure, but then my about me page won't come up! And when I go to edit it again, it usually shows the thing you have saved, right? If I do what I've said above, it comes up empty. Is this the update or is it just me?

Violetchilluvr3

• violetchilluvr3 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:35 AM ( #67 )

This has happened to me a couple times, I'm not sure why I never posted it.
Sometimes, with no warning or anything, the homepage of TT will get messed up. Like, really messed up.
Posted Image
(This WAS full size of my screen...)
And then, with no warning, it'll go back to working fine.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:01 AM ( #68 )

Well... I can't log out properly. Clicking the log out button doesn't do a thing, so I have to go to my FireFox browser options and delete the cookies...

Of course, I wasn't a member before the update so I don't know if this can be fixed...

dazzilitchigirl

• dazzilitchigirl user photo

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:08 AM ( #69 )

Well... I can't log out properly. Clicking the log out button doesn't do a thing, so I have to go to my FireFox browser options and delete the cookies...

Of course, I wasn't a member before the update so I don't know if this can be fixed...

I get this too, and I know another member besides EMF who gets it as well! :(

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:50 AM ( #70 )

I get this too, and I know another member besides EMF who gets it as well! :(

Instead of using the "Sign Out" button (from your user profile drop down menu) have you guys tried logging out of TamaTalk using the "Delete Cookies" button (seen on left hand side of screen, right at the very base of the home page)? That always works for me.

dazzilitchigirl

• dazzilitchigirl user photo

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:51 AM ( #71 )

Instead of using the "Sign Out" button (from your user profile drop down menu) have you guys tried logging out of TamaTalk using the "Delete Cookies" button (seen on left hand side of screen, right at the very base of the home page)? That always works for me.

OK, I'll try that next time. Thanks! :)

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:13 AM ( #72 )

Alrighty folks... I am preparing a new update to the software that will be rolled out soon. I am going to close this topic so that problems between the two updates don't get mixed up.

Thanks to everyone who has helped report bugs / problems. Your input is really helpful in making TT work!

As far as the new update goes... It isn't a very drastic update and most things will look the same as they do now... :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tamatalk, problems