Don't you think?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nadoosh

Reaction score
Don't you think that it's BAAAD to sing wearing bikinis or something...?

Lady Gaga as an example.. people like her think that if they wear bikinis they will become eye-catching and popular.

Stars can become more than stars even if you were wearing good clothes. It depends on your sound when singing. Not how you wear.

especially that when small kids, by a mistake open on a channel that Lady Gaga is singing wearing bikini and all this. Think about our world..

what would happen to our kids' mind when they see that. DO YOU KNOW HOW HURTING THAT CAN BE?

Tell me your opinion. Isn't that right what i'm talking?

waiting your replies :)

Singing, dancing and generally being a good performer don't mean what they used to.

Michael Buble, amazing. 4 hour concert singing, dancing and cracking jokes in a suit, and it's one of the best concerts I've ever been to.

Gaga, and others... they sing and dance and let stuff hang out, and it turns me off. It's the music, and the person I came for.. not their bits.

Lady Gaga as an example.. people like her think that if they wear bikinis they will become eye-catching and popular.

Stars can become more than stars even if you were wearing good clothes. It depends on your sound when singing. Not how you wear.

especially that when small kids, by a mistake open on a channel that Lady Gaga is singing wearing bikini and all this. Think about our world..

what would happen to our kids' mind when they see that. DO YOU KNOW HOW HURTING THAT CAN BE?

What you said was right. I totally agree.

Singing, dancing and generally being a good performer don't mean what they used to.

Michael Buble, amazing. 4 hour concert singing, dancing and cracking jokes in a suit, and it's one of the best concerts I've ever been to.

Gaga, and others... they sing and dance and let stuff hang out, and it turns me off. It's the music, and the person I came for.. not their bits.
Umm, I don't understand?

Umm, I don't understand?
I'm agreeing with what you have to say, 100%.

It's in regards to the sound, not the look.

Hence the comparison with Michael Buble. He's not parading around in bicycle shorts and muscle shirts. He's dressed in a suit. It's his voice we go to see, and pay to listen to.

I agree with you.

I think what it comes down to, like FBW mentioned above, is the experience of the performer. While I personally have no judgements against performers wearing little clothing on stage, it all comes down to the performance in the end. Some artists feel like fashion is an expression of their show. Gaga for example: FABULOUS show, a true artist in my eyes. She can sing, dance and connect with the crowd on an a very intimate level. Rhianna is another example of a very popular artist who's stage costumes are minimal, but her concert was insulting. Not in the sense of being offended by her clothing, but her overall performance was not very good and I felt as though the show wasn't worth the money I spent (I'm sure others would disagree with me though). Beyonce was the opposite, while still wearing some provocative clothing, some of her other sets were performed in long gowns or full body suits, yet her performances were outstanding and top-notch. Michael Buble - another artist who is just phenomenal on and off stage, of course his approach to entertainment is much different than Gaga, Rhianna and Beyonce.

If one is offended by someone who wears little clothing, it is ultimately your responsibility (or your parent's) to decide who to watch on TV, who's concerts to attend, what music to listen to, etc. The artist is free to create music, sing, dance and wear as much (and as little) clothing as they like; freedom to choose is the true meaning of art. It is always subjective to the viewer and there will always be those who agree and disagree with that particular art-form.

ahh. I i'm not talking about the sound of singer,or he's/she's song. I'm talking about how BAD it is and how hurting it can be when wearing bikinis.

Lady Gaga as an example.. especially that when small kids, by a mistake open on a channel that Lady Gaga is singing wearing bikini and all this. Think about our world..

Perhaps you've grown up in a culture / environment where everyone around you thinks it is wrong or bad to appear in public in a bikini? Perhaps it is something that you have been taught?

I'm not saying that you are wrong. I am just saying that lots of people think differently about this kind of thing.

I agree that it's not about the singer or the song, but I have grown up in a culture where I don't feel that it is dangerous or harmful for a child to see a performer in a bikini, nor do I think it is hurtful.

In my opinion It is just a costume that the singer wears whilst they are performing. As long as it doesn't break the rules of public decency then I don't see a problem.

Haven't you been to any public events where the performers are dressed in special costumes for their act?

I'm not thinking of Lady Gaga in particular... maybe the "madi gras" or carnival or even circus performers?

They appear in front of hundreds of people and they are often dressed in very sparkly bikinis - and lots of children go to the circus.

There is a big event in London every summer called the Notting Hill Carnival - it's a huge social and family event and a big parade of singers and dancers in the street - lots of performers appear in bikinis - they all have special costumes and even young children can join in and show off their music and dance skills. It's all about the performance and costumes not about trying to hurt children's minds ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh well,that's your opinion then.
But I thought you were asking if you were right (if your opinion was right) - so I just answered your question ;)

Does that mean you believe that it is bad and harmful for children to watch any kind of performer in a bikini? Like circus performers and the mardi gras and carnival parades also? What about ice skaters costumes - they are often very revealing costumes? What about long distance runners - they wear very short shorts - almost like a pair of ladies bikini bottoms and very cropped, short tops?

Are all these women bad and harmful for children to see in public?

Well, If it was just a tank top and a short then no problem,but I didn't mean the bikini, I meant people wearing nothing.THAT'S what I meant. -_-

hey, i reckon that if the music's good, the music's good. then you can wear whatever the heck you want.

although most people in these skimpy sorts of outfits tend to make awful music anyway, haha.

or at least, i avoid that genre myself.

Umm...anyway I think that i kept the topic da wrong section.that must be stuff we watch. Will you please change it tama mum?

and thank you 4 your opinion,santi- :D

In my own opinions and beliefs, no, not at all. As graficks so perfectly worded above, fashion and provocativeness are apart of Gaga's act. It's apart of who she is, and obviously how she performs. Besides, her fashion varies throughout her different performances. Just take a look at the following. She doesn't rely on her fashion whatsoever. It's her voice that she is most dependant upon. c:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ7BQuoRmbs

Sadly, appearance does affect the popularity of particular musicians. It's the society that we live in. Take a look at the singers who purely rely on editing programs such as "Auto-Tune", yet note that they receive allot of attention. Looks are valued higher than talent in the musical industry, sadly. :(

I don't perceive that to be hurtful whatsoever. Unless she's completely bare and performing sexual acts, I can't see how what she performs now and what she wears is damaging to a child's mind. There will certainly come a time in a child's life when they themselves will either have to wear a bikini or visit a beach and see women in bikinis. It's not much of a huge deal. :blink:

Before I stop, please know that I in no way am disrespecting your own beliefs. We are all entitled to opinions, and I respect yours. :hanatchi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back