P1 wont let me set time

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TicTax

Reaction score
My P1 wont let me do anything I've pressed buttons and it still doesn't work I've also waited a hour and then restarted it and the same problem occurs please I need help before tomorrow when the P1/P2 hatch starts D: these are BRAND NEW battires that can't be the problem

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, brand new batteries sometimes do have issues. I have gotten some brand new just bought fresh outta the packaging dead batteries before.

And when you tried to reset it you hit the reset button instead of like just taking the batteries out and putting them back in?

Both batteries have the positive side up?

Are the battery contacts dry and in good condition? any corrosion?

Try taking the batteries out and putting them back in and then immediately pushing the reset button after you hear the start up beep and then you should hear another start up beep - try to set the time then by pushing the C button on the front?

This is all I can think of that might be causing issues....

-Purn

Thanks for the tip I've just checked the contacts and the left contact looks awfal so i've tooken the back 4 screws off as well to see its prettey dirty inside of it btw I got it preowned from ebay from japan :eek:

Cleaning it as suggested should help it lots. Just be careful how you do it. Maybe use a q-tip and make sure all the lighter green lines are shown. Also check for corrosion... I wouldn't screw it all the way up until you can set the clock. It much easier to tape it together and hold the cover with the batteries inside... Less likely to strip the screws too.

thanks guys I've cleaned it with a q-tip and some nail polish remover and nothing happend until I used a pencil to poke the button and it works! but i stupidly broke the speaker wire on accident and i know someone who is good with soldering wires so its pretty much fixed :)

Welcome. I broke sound wires to something recently... But in the end, the volume was going to be off 24/7 anyway. Not going to randomly turn the sound on by itself now... lol. Most of the time, when things turn on but don't start correctly... I find the inside is dirty/needs cleaning....

Just for the future and others who might read this - I would not recommend using nail polish remover to clean contacts and board for these things. Using rubbing alcohol is generally what you want to do to clean these sort of things up.

Nail Polish remover is actually Acetone which can cause damage to things like acrylics and make things brittle and really should not be used on plastics and electronics. It can also contain coloring and purfumes that may not evaporate and cause damage over time to electronics.

Rubbing Alcohol or isopropyl alcohol is is recognized as a Rubefacient because it evaporates quickly which is perfect for keeping contacts on electronics clean and dry without drying out and making boards and connections brittle.

Just so people know for the future that nail polish remover is really not the way to go when cleaning these things up.

-Purn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back