Photo
- - - - -

Tama-Go Figure Images!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

nataliems

• nataliems user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:45 PM ( #1 )

Finally managed to make sense of the data on the Tama-Go Figure and dumped the images off!

http://www.kwartzlab.ca/2011/11/tama-go-mask-rom-images/

Replies

Views

Started

20 Nov 2011

Last Post

24 Nov 2011

Violetchilluvr3

• violetchilluvr3 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:06 AM ( #2 )

Why were there so many characters in dresses? A lot of them aren't even ON the Tama-go...

chrispilot2293

• chrispilot2293 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:29 AM ( #3 )

Now... If only there was a way to dump the iD-L 15th Aniversary VER. ROM and put it on the original iD or iD-l :D

nataliems

• nataliems user photo

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:03 PM ( #4 )

Violitchi: I'm not sure. Maybe they want the figure to be compatible with future Tama's, or maybe the Tama-Go does have the characters, we just don't know how to get them :)

Chris: Sadly, tama memory is mostly read only :(

Shijimaru

• shijimaru user photo

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:09 AM ( #5 )

Impressive, I wish I knew how to dump roms, but that wasn't covered at my IT work, since this wasn't really in the studies...

But anyway, nice job, I suppose there's a way to dump a whole Tamagotchi itself, and make some sort of emulator on the computer to run it.

If so, then there's the possibility to have a pc version, for lets say the v4, ID L, etc. This would be fun, in my opinion, but not as fun as having them in real life.

But any chance of doing that?

chrispilot2293

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:56 AM ( #6 )

Violitchi: I'm not sure. Maybe they want the figure to be compatible with future Tama's, or maybe the Tama-Go does have the characters, we just don't know how to get them :)

Chris: Sadly, tama memory is mostly read only :(

Even with a jtag extrenal programmer? And would it be possible to dump the rom from the iD-L 15th anniversary ver? Mabey creat an emulator?

nataliems

• nataliems user photo

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:58 PM ( #7 )

Shijimaru: my goal is to dump the code off the Tamagotchi and reverse-engineer it to answer the 'deeper questions of tamagotchi life', like what determines how a tama evolves etc. Writing a PC simulator might be necessary as a part of this-- you never know ;)

Chris: _maybe_ (and I say that with a heavy dose of skepticism), but the code wouldn't be persistent (would go away as soon as JTAG was detached), as you can't reprogram a ROM. I haven't looked at the iD-L (I don't think these are available in Canada), but I bet it's possible to dump ROM with enough effort. But my plan is to dump the Tama-Go :) . ANd Tama-Go's don't have visible JTAG.

Shijimaru

• shijimaru user photo

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:52 AM ( #8 )

Shijimaru: my goal is to dump the code off the Tamagotchi and reverse-engineer it to answer the 'deeper questions of tamagotchi life', like what determines how a tama evolves etc. Writing a PC simulator might be necessary as a part of this-- you never know ;)

Interesting, you are putting much effort in something that most consider not worth it, kudos to you ;)

And if it's necessary, would you release it, or are you afraid for bandai-bandits to storm your door :P

nataliems

• nataliems user photo

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:28 PM ( #9 )

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, who knows if I'll even get that far ;). I'll consider releasing it, although I'll have to think a bit more about Bandai-bandit/employer concerns first ;)

chrispilot2293

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:53 AM ( #10 )

Chris: _maybe_ (and I say that with a heavy dose of skepticism), but the code wouldn't be persistent (would go away as soon as JTAG was detached), as you can't reprogram a ROM. I haven't looked at the iD-L (I don't think these are available in Canada), but I bet it's possible to dump ROM with enough effort. But my plan is to dump the Tama-Go :) . ANd Tama-Go's don't have visible JTAG.

Even if some formof "recovery" progam can be accessed, like, fo flashing a new ROM in android?