Anybody else suffer when...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner

Reaction score
Anybody else suffer when they hear a song they really like on the radio or somewhere, but then later on listen to it on the internet, look up the lyrics, and then find how inappropriate they are? T_T This happened for me, when I was heard "Adventure of Raindance Maggie", and then later looked up the lyrics. It was like "..... Uh...." I mean, it's not that bad, but, there's just one part that's a bit... Yeah... Same with "Don't Wanna Go Home", Jason Derulo. Listened to it, got obsessed to the chorus, but then besides that heard a giant story about partying and alcohol and drugs.

Oh god yes.

Especially when you start singing along and some of the lyrics relate to you and it really touches you. Then you go look it up and BAM wtf is this.

I hate it =.=

But usually I still end up liking the song, even if it is sometimes bad. xP It just really disappoints me. ):

But usually I still end up liking the song, even if it is sometimes bad. xP It just really disappoints me. ):
Yeah, that's the case with me too. I still listen to both songs I mentioned above, although it makes it awkward to sing along to the parts about.. Yeah...

I sufferd when I was little discovering this song called lollipop and remember enjoying it then I remembered it not to long ago so I looked up the lyrics and its pretty disturbing for a song I liked when I was little xD it says "sucking to hard on your lollipop loves going to get you down" doesn't that sound wrong?? this also happened with pumped up kicks its a good song but it talks about drugs and shooting people o_O

I sufferd when I was little discovering this song called lollipop and remember enjoying it then I remembered it not to long ago so I looked up the lyrics and its pretty disturbing for a song I liked when I was little xD it says "sucking to hard on your lollipop loves going to get you down" doesn't that sound wrong?? this also happened with pumped up kicks its a good song but it talks about drugs and shooting people o_O
Not the drugs part. They say it's about a boy who was poor. Everyone had better shoes than him, so one day he got a gun and shot at their feet 'All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run, outrun my gun/ faster than my bullet'

Not at all. The meaning of that song comes down to how we perceive it. When you were younger, you probably thought of the song as something else, so it isn't disturbing either that you liked it when you were little. :blink:

For example, I believe that the word lollipop in that line signifies innocence. So when you mash that understanding and the rest of the line together, I feel as if Mika is singing about trying to quickly fade away your innocence/childhood. Either that or perhaps rushing too fast into love and the recommendation in which you should take your time, thus the following line "Oh love's gonna get you down". c:

**stops blabbering and defending Mika's lyrics** ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back