Are Tamas Really For "Little Kids?"

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seilatchi

Reaction score
How many times in your life have you been told that "Tamagotchis are for little kids" or "Haven't you outgrown those things?" or the devastating "I thought you were more mature than that"? All of us are on this site because we love Tamas-why else would we be here? So why do grown adults love them? We shouldn't have to sneak them around our loved ones because we're embarrassed? What do you guys think, are Tamas really for little kids?

IDK, I really hate it when my friends say "Hey, whats that?" and i tell them its a Tamagotchi and they say "Isnt that a girls toy!?" and i tell them no, but they wont get off the subject >_< :angry:

I think tamagotchis are for ALL ages! :babytchi:

:hanatchi:

:newmametchi:

:ichigotchi:

:mametchi:

:mimitchi:

:gozarutchi:

I remember when gameboy was designed for little kids to play games. I've seen a lot more older adults playing the newer versions of like DS the past few years. It's all really on how you look at it. I'm 23, soon to be 24 and I still play with tamas and other virtual pets. I bring them most places I go and no one ever bothers me about them. People who talk down to people about things that they like are really just insecure about themselves. I'd say, don't be hatin' cause I'm having fun and you aren't!

I mean, there are all sorts of things that people get interested in for whatever reasons. My mom has a thing for Christmas ornaments. I remember one summer where there was like a new box every week during the summer while my mom was going crazy buying up ornaments. I think that's a little odd, but it's her thing that she likes and makes her happy, so more power to her. People can get excited over collecting coins of plates - I don't find them super exciting, but other people do. Everyone has their own thing.

-Purn

All ages. that's what I say. :] I don't care about that really. when people say something like (on halloween) if someone says, oh, you're wearing a fat suit for halloween? then I respond: yes! I was worried, I thought no one noticed!

actually when people say that it doesn't make sense, seeing as I'm one of the skinniest people I know :p .

ANYWAYS, the point is I try to respond in cannon, rather than fuss about what people think and worry about it. I DO have some limits to my tamaness. for example I try to just carry around only one at a time, because it's just too much trouble and too many things to get lost if I have two or more XD. other than that, I do as I want in public with my little eggs, I don't mind the wierd looks.

Aimed for kids... Sure, But do most of us who really want to enjoy our little pet care? Nope. At least we shouldn't.... nor should you.

Every new digital pet I get... It gains me another eye roll and then people continue like they never saw it. It makes me laugh when they think I care the digital pets I have (or get) are meant for younger kids.... I'll laugh really hard when they actually see my WHOLE collection. To put that in simple terms, my bed doesn't fit them all anymore. (To take pictures or whatever)

I think they were supposed to be for little kids but I still use them. And I am a 12 going on 13 year old. So I hear a ton of comments from Dad and my Step-Mum like "Aren't those for little kids?" and "You should really grow up and get rid of those Digi whatsits." But I have learned to just ignore them.

(this is my first post on my new DSi!)

I think Tamas are definitely for all ages. Whats wrong with a 40 year old playing with them? NOTHING. So I say go ahead and ignore anyone who says Tamas are for little kids.

~Dazzmina~

Sure, Tamas ARE aimed a younger audience.

Although, someone who doesn't know anything about them will say that they really are for younger kids.

But, if you love something, don't let anyone tell you otherwise ;)

i love tamas!! and seeing as i can't get a dog any time soon i just treat them as my pets. which means yes, they stay on the dinner table and go everywhere with me, no matter how many haters see. besides, all the people who have asked me about them were crazy about tamas when they were "in". which is hilarious.

and that also means they just follow trends, not start them

i kind of got off topic, did i?

no, tamas are not for little kids.

Who really cares to be honest? If you like something then you might as well play with it. Who cares what others think? Seriously what does it matter what your interests are? I hate when people judge others on what they like. It's childish.

I say that tamas are for every one, no matter what their age is! My friends all say there childish, my other friend calls it a crapagotchi. I really dont like like. Sorry, got off topic. TAMAS ARE FOR ALL AGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :babytchi: :puroperatchi: :ph34r: :hanatchi:

I just tell them I am a little kid at heart :D but no I don't think it's just for the kitties. My mom told me stories of Japanese business men who would take time out of their meetings to care for their little critters.

I'm 13 and in 8th and I've loved tamas since I was little!

Definitely not! Tamagotchis are for all ages :) . Kind of like Pokemon. I know sooo many people 18+ who play with pokemon on their DS and whatnot. It's basically the same thing only you're not fighting other pets and they're a lot more portable. If people want to think they're childish and you shouldn't be playing with them, as stated above, THEY are the ones who are missing out on a good time. Toys don't have to be directed towards one audience. They're for everybody.

Tamas are definitely for all ages! I'm 16, got my first Tama when I was 10, loved them ever since! And my mum doesn't tell me they're for little kids, no! She actually is the one to buy all my tamas, for presents for birthdays and Christmas! (except my V5, I bought that myself) No one has ever told me they're for little kids, the worst I get is, when I play with them sound on, "Turn the sound off, it's annoying!"

Last edited by a moderator:
No it isnt! Don't worry. Tamagotchi's are also for big kids. Thats why if your under 13 for tamatalk you have to do a form or whatever it is. Just ignore people in your school. If its a boy looking toy then why would it be for girls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back