Photo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Poll: Thoughts on the TamaTalk menu bar (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the menu bar?

1. Yes (15 votes [83.33%])

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

2. No (3 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. Only if it changes (make sure to post a reply with your ideas!) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Do you ever use the menu bar to get around and do things on TT?

1. Yes - I use it a lot (13 votes [72.22%])

Percentage of vote: 72.22%

2. No - I never touch it (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Sometimes - I only use it for __________. (make sure to post a reply with what you use it for!) (5 votes [27.78%])

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

Vote

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:22 PM ( #1 )

Hiya TamaTalkers!
Well now that we have had the upgraded TamaTalk for a bit of time now I wanted to ask for your opinions on one of the changes... I am talking specifically about the menu bar that sits at the top of the screen when you scroll down and has links to different things. See this attached image if you aren't sure what I mean.

TT-menu-bar.png

Please vote in the poll. I would also love it if you can reply with some details relating to the poll questions.

I know changes always take some getting used to. I like to introduce the changes and then go about working to make them better/more useful. Your ideas really do matter to this community! Your thoughts are important to making this place better. :)

Have some ideas on how the menu bar could be made better? PLEASE POST YOUR IDEAS!!!

Replies

Views

Started

07 Dec 2011

Last Post

07 Jan 2012

TicTax

• tictax user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:59 PM ( #2 )

I like it I mainly use it for editing my profile or my siganture

.chasm.

• chasm user photo

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:06 PM ( #3 )

I only use it to go on TC, or to see if anyone else has come on without having to change tabs (because I'm lazy like that xD)

Violetchilluvr3

• violetchilluvr3 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:51 PM ( #4 )

I use it, but only when I scroll up to the top of the screen. I can't get it in my mind that I can scroll around the site while I'm way down here, so I scroll up and then click on the quick site map thingy.
To tell you the truth, it freaks me out a little how it follows me everywhere...... o.O

OldSchoolTama

• oldschooltama user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:57 PM ( #5 )

I'm cool with it. All changes take time to get used to. I'm a little like Violetchilluvr3 in that I still scroll all the way down for the "New Content" stuff because I've been so used to it being down there where all the "Users Online" stuff is but I'm getting the hang of it. So I use the menu bar mainly for the new content, to navigate to my profile, to check messages/notifications, etc. I also use it as a "Home" button by clicking on the TamaTalk logo. I think that's handy.

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:00 AM ( #6 )

I like the new menu bar. I use it a lot - much of my navigation around the site is from that bar or, as OST mentioned I use the TT logo to take me to the Home forum page.

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:14 PM ( #7 )

Are there any things you all would change? I chose to do some menus as icons just so it wasn't as crowded... Does that make it confusing? Are there any other shortcuts you'd like to see added?

And, yes, it took me a little while to break my old habit too. While I was working on the test site I got used to it and would go back to the regular site and instinctively mouse over the top of the window and wonder where the menu bar went... :P

LOL @Violetchilluvr3's comment about it following everywhere. Should we rename it the stalker bar?

superchamagirl

• superchamagirl user photo

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:05 PM ( #8 )

I like the new menu bar. But I have one complaint I but I can't find a topic to post it in, so I'll just post it here.

I sort of miss how on the community status update bar, there was a place at the top where you could update your status instead of going on your profile. :)

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:01 PM ( #9 )

Yes - I think it's a great feature, and one that really does benefit the site.

Sometimes - I don't use it a whole lot; my only main use for it is to get to my profile to see it and to edit it. I don't really visit TamaChat, update my status or need it to browse the board.

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:24 AM ( #10 )

I agree, it helps people get the options quicker and go to things quicker. Its a quick, fast bar which is easy to use for new TamaTalk members (like me).

graficks

• graficks user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:58 AM ( #11 )

I think the menu bar is a great addition. I use it mostly to return to the main forum page by clicking on the TamaTalk logo - which is much more convenient than scrolling back to the top to click on the logo or by clicking "back" a few times. Overall, I think it creates a more efficient web experience for TamaTalk, a small improvement, but definitely a welcome one.

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:33 AM ( #12 )

Thank you all for your thoughts on this. I really appreciate your opinions! :)

I sort of miss how on the community status update bar, there was a place at the top where you could update your status instead of going on your profile. :)

Do you prefer that way of updating your status over the new method of clicking on your avvie in the menu bar and entering status updates right there on whatever page you are on?

It`s Teri

• its-teri user photo

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:32 PM ( #13 )

I like it. At first I didn't like how it followed me everywhere (LOL @ stalker bar by the way) but now I'm used to it. I only use it for status updates, going to my profile, checking PMs (I only do that when I see a number by it, saying how many messages I have, then I read them) and going to TamaCHAT! I preferred the old status update method as well. I liked how you could read everyone's statuses and then update yours because the status update thing was right at the top of the box. It was quicker in my opinion, because I like reading other people's statuses, and I comment on some of them (I hope I don't sound like a stalker xD) then I'd put my own status sometimes.

Edited by It`s Teri, 09 December 2011 - 08:33 PM.

Tinkalila

• tinkalila user photo

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:30 PM ( #14 )

I like it. It's basic and easy to use.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: menu, admin, tamatalk, design