Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

When you were younger, what stuff did you do to Tamas that you regret now?

tama cruelty

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

robodog

• robodog user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:43 PM ( #121 )

Back in the 90's when original Tamas came out there were rumors that if you dipped a Tamagotchi in water there would be an image on the screen of your Tamagotchi drowning. I hate to think of how many Tamagotchis met their fate due to that stupid rumor.
  • ciara683, tamagotchialice and KeroPyontchi like this

GO-GOZARUTCHI1

• go-gozarutchi1 user photo

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:52 PM ( #122 )

My very first tama, a v4, broke when I tripped and landed knee first on it completely busting it. I was soooooooo sad and felt so bad :(

kuchitama001

• kuchitama001 user photo

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:14 PM ( #123 )

I really wish I'd taken more care of my v4, I bought back in 2006, but back then, I wasn't as responsible as I am now, (of which I have learnt my lesson) it is still perfectly intact, but the paintwork and screen has a few scratches which otherwise, could have been avoided :(

-Gotchi-Gotchi-

• gotchi-gotchi user photo

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:48 PM ( #124 )

I always threw away the packaging of them. :/ And also I had them all on a lanyard, even when I have more than 10. I eventually stopped, but when I had about 12 Tamas on them they would all scratch each other and the lanyard would swing and they'd hit walls and everything.

ChamametchiandMametchi

• chamametchiandmametchi user photo

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:25 PM ( #125 )

I once had a Nano Baby, and I never even wanted to play with it. The battery died on it and I regret ever having to leave it to die. I REALLY want a Nano Baby again.

I have a V4 that a classmate once gave to me last school year. I took good care of it, until I usually get bored of all the same characters that I always get...I LET IT DIE, which I regret now at that point.

♥Khipmunk♥

• &-9829;khipmunk&-9829; user photo

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:25 PM ( #126 )

Oh goodness, I've never really done anything too terrible to my tamas. But there was one incident you can probably classify as tamagotchi abuse... I remember about 6 years ago I was at my cousin's house with my family. My sister and I had gotten v3's and brought them along. My sister's evolved into Kutchipatchi, which for some reason we thought was ugly. (No idea why I think he's pretty cute now! :lol:) Well anyways, none of us liked him so my cousin and decided he needed to die... My sister was totally against this but we hid him behind a dresser so she would never find out... He died and she was sad but I was happy because he was gone. I didn't really think much ok? I was 7... And I have no idea where those v3's went. I miss them though! We had good times! ^_^

text it.

• text-it user photo

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:01 PM ( #127 )

Gave my v5 away, biggest mistake ever!

Me and my friends used to also put them all on a trampoline and bounce, the last tama left on was the 'winner'. However that was probably a bad idea because when they fell of they fell onto the concrete...

What?

• what user photo

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:24 PM ( #128 )

/\ yikes.

The most regretable thing  I did was neglect my v5 so much that it would die at least once a day... -__-

And then I let my friend borrow it, and she  lost it -___-

But besides that, just neglecting them in general. My brother also once put my tama outside in the rain for like 3 days... -____-

jordboss

• jordboss user photo

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:40 AM ( #129 )

I sadly dropped mine down the drain. It got a little water damaged but it worked fine eventually. However when I was coming back from Spain, I left it on the plane and ant get it back. It makes me wonder where it ended up too, I wonder what country :P
  • ICHIGOTCHI_V6 likes this

chevil

• chevil user photo

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:40 AM ( #130 )

spun it on my finger and dropped it, well i was primary school at the time (equivalent to US elementary school). I dont know it was fragile.

~SailorMoon~

• sailormoon user photo

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:25 PM ( #131 )

just resetted a few. ive debugged my V2 but i doubt it hurts the tama, it just speeds up its growth process

Margareth19

• margareth19 user photo

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:31 AM ( #132 )

When I was 6, I got my first v4.5 and when I was 7, I got the secong v4.5. I played the second one in the toilet. My second v4.5 fell into the closet ( my dad tried hardly to reach my tamagotchi ). And it damaged. My another v4.5 is lost. I tried to find it, but I can't find it.

When I was almost 8, I got v5. One day, I lost my v5 and my brother found it in his pocket ( my tamagotchi already died ). And he put in his pocket again. I tried to find my tamagotchi, but I can't find it. My mom found it in my maid's bed. She accidently found that damaged tamagotchi in the wash machine. And finally, my mom angry with me.

When I was 9, I got v5.5. I lost it, and I didn't find it everywhere ! ( Even now I was searching that tamagotchi and hope that tamagotchi wasn't damaged or broken).

Izzyd07

• izzyd07 user photo

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:46 PM ( #133 )

I got mad that my tamagotchi kept refusing to play games and I kept losing so I just stuffed it full of treats until it got sick and fat lol. Then I got really guilty and upset and started crying because I thought I'd hurt it so I spent ages playing games to get its weight down and telling it I was sorry and not to hate me!
  • TamaGuyJayy, tamagotchialice, KeroPyontchi and 2 others like this

mudkipclove

• mudkipclove user photo

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:12 PM ( #134 )

I always threw away the packaging of them. :/ And also I had them all on a lanyard, even when I have more than 10. I eventually stopped, but when I had about 12 Tamas on them they would all scratch each other and the lanyard would swing and they'd hit walls and everything.

LOL I used to have a bunch on a lanyard too. My dad said I looked like Mr T. with all of that stuff hanging from my neck.  :D

thekaren

• thekaren user photo

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:27 AM ( #135 )

My #1 Tama regret is that I don't still have all of my original virtual pets from '97-'98... :( I honestly have no idea what happened to them. I guess it's possible they could still be in my basement somewhere, but I doubt it.

Another more recent regret is I opened up my first V4 because ever since I got it, something was rattling inside it. Drove me crazy! So one day I decided to open it up and see if I could fix the rattling problem. Well, it worked, but... I broke the sound wire and lost a screw. So now it not only stopped rattling, but it also stopped making ANY noise! lol

Franny Samba

• franny-samba user photo

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:26 PM ( #136 )

I think I may have let a few tamas die, but that's it. I took great care of EVERYTHING as a child. I did however drop my v2 in water but immediately opened it up and emptied it before letting it dry out on the windowsill.

After reading the other posts I'm over the moon I took good care of them all :)

Kiticutchi

• kiticutchi user photo

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:04 AM ( #137 )

I was almost the same thing! I used to have a purple v2 tama, ( i have a v4 now) and i knew nothing about it, because i just found it lying around in a cabinet. When i started it, i saw the baby and i was like: what on earth is that blob?!" And when i named it, it did the attention noise, i thought it liked the name. I saw that everything was white hearted, and i thought that white (empty) was full, and black (full) was empty. I fed it, and i was freaked out because feeding it made it hungry. I punished it and it was happy. I did that all over again until it died. Instead of resetting i removed and put the battery (wich damages it) and pressed download, and it still died. I thought that downloading kills it. So there. I raised it for 1 or 2 years, and i knew EVERYTHING about a v2. Then i started having a v4 ( with a design of bees and honeycombs ).
Ahh.. Good to take care perfectly again... :)

Edited by Kiticutchi, 11 April 2013 - 03:11 AM.

Kiticutchi

• kiticutchi user photo

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:10 AM ( #138 )

Also i set a random time so when i slept and woke up again, it died. When it grew up to a kid, it was full. I thought it was hungry. I fed it food and it didn't want any. I fed it sweets and sweets and sweets and it got a toothache. I punished it and finally, it ate food. But for 1 time. -_-

ZombieButterflies

• zombiebutterflies user photo

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:26 PM ( #139 )

Super glueing on rinstones to my tamagotchi, it only stays pretty if you never use it again.

Misplacing my p2 as a child.

Edit: Rereads topic

Leting my mother babysit my tamagotchi as a child.

All those poor tamagotchi that died because I was not good at remembering my tamagotchi as a child.

Not sure if this counts as abuse:

My kuromametchi in my TMGCC lived on Mcdonald hamburgers his whole life. He snacked a lot on alcohol as an adult too. I regret nothing.

Edited by ZombieButterflies, 23 April 2013 - 10:45 PM.

• Moussette, TamaGuyJayy, tamagotchialice and 1 other like this

tamaninjacat

• tamaninjacat user photo

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:04 AM ( #140 )

Well when I was younger I actually took good care of my tamas. The only time I ever took apart my tamas was to reaplace batteries. But eventualy they got kinda got on my nerves. So I sold them to a thrift store.( Three V5s and a V1. I found the V1 at a thrift store... sealed.) I feel so bad about the V1... I was like 8 years old and tought it was hard to care for. -_- . So any tamas after the V1 I promised myself that I would never sell another tama to a thrift store. ^_^