Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

When you were younger, what stuff did you do to Tamas that you regret now?

tama cruelty

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Sophi-chi

• sophi-chi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:11 PM ( #141 )

I got my first tama when i was 6... It was a V4 and i kept getting Gozurachis (if they didn't die before they became an adult) and i had no idea how to pause it so i just left it on for days without taking care of it :P

PurplePyonkotchi00!

• purplepyonkotchi00 user photo

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:38 PM ( #142 )

A long time ago, when my sis got a v4.5, we left it on the table for some time & no one took care of it. So one day I looked at it, it was a Kuribotchi with 10 poops beside it and it was sick. I didn't know what to do, so I left it there and didn't tell anyone -_-

...that night it died

Poor, poor Kuribotchi

• tamagotchialice likes this

TamaGuyJayy

• tamaguyjayy user photo

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:26 PM ( #143 )

Great Post Dazzilitchi.

Here's mine: This one is pretty bad..I noticed that no one ever brings this up anymore, but it's a trick that i know works on the v2-3 at least. It's kind of dark because of the act and purpose. If you abuse your tama (unnecessary time-outs) like 5 times and enter them in a game of 'Bump', they are WAY more likely to win the 4 first rounds at least. It's kind of a dark feature they put in these versions..part of me feels like it may not be true(since it's been so long), but i do remember how shocked i was at how it worked.

For those who didn't know that..now you do and it's up to you to NOT DO IT.

To abuse your tama for bigger prize money is no different than those fools who train pitbulls for fighting, and i choose not to be like that, so i stopped years and years ago, 7 to be exact.

Sometimes my toddlers make it up to round 5 naturally. Was there ever a need for that??

TamaGuyJayy

• tamaguyjayy user photo

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:26 PM ( #144 )

Great Post Dazzilitchi.

Here's mine: This one is pretty bad..I noticed that no one ever brings this up anymore, but it's a trick that i know works on the v2-3 at least. It's kind of dark because of the act and purpose. If you abuse your tama (unnecessary time-outs) like 5 times and enter them in a game of 'Bump', they are WAY more likely to win the 4 first rounds at least. It's kind of a dark feature they put in these versions..part of me feels like it may not be true(since it's been so long), but i do remember how shocked i was at how it worked.

To abuse your tama for bigger prize money is no different than those fools who train pitbulls for fighting, and i choose not to be like that, so i stopped years and years ago, 7 to be exact.

Sometimes my toddlers make it up to round 5 naturally. Was there ever a need for that??

Moussette

• moussette user photo

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:34 PM ( #145 )

My kuromametchi in my TMGCC lived on Mcdonald hamburgers his whole life. He snacked a lot on alcohol as an adult too. I regret nothing.

That made me smile xD

He had such a great life !

Edited by Moussette, 01 May 2013 - 02:34 PM.

カロン

• %e3%82%ab%e3%83%ad%e3%83%b3 user photo

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:49 PM ( #146 )

Debugging my V4, then giving it to my friend ended in humorous, but somewhat regretful results. In the end, he called Tamagotchis, "Overglorified Asian toilet humor."

Maybe I should've given it to him without debugging it?

CrystalMimitchi

• crystalmimitchi user photo

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:55 PM ( #147 )

Ugh. When I was 4, I dropped my very first Tama, a V2, on the floor and accidentally ran it over with a chair. A GIANT black smudge of black pixels ensued. Took it back to Toys R' Us and got a new one. Poor boy was only a child when he "died." :(

When I was 7, I lost my replacement V2 for a week. When I found her again, she had grown into a Pyonchitchi, with literally 13 piles of poo next to her and she was sick. Thankfully, I had saved her in time, and she had a child. ^^

She's 99 pounds now, as well as a Bunbuntchi I have on the V3.

Yes, she's still alive, despite the fact that the accident was 6 years ago. I spam the crud outta that Pause button.

Edited by CrystalMimitchi, 16 May 2013 - 06:59 PM.

HopeMcCarthyAuroraLovingtn

• hopemccarthyauroralovingtn user photo

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:09 AM ( #148 )

I am not using screen protector to my Tamago Tamatown,and now the screen has a bit scratch.now i am using screen protector to all my Tamagotchi

CrystalMimitchi

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:42 PM ( #149 )

I forced my Mamekatchi, Chamametchi, and Shelltchi to become time travelers on V5. Heaven knows how old they're supposed to be now. I did it... FOR BONDING.

:wacko:

Edited by CrystalMimitchi, 17 May 2013 - 02:43 PM.

• Simmie likes this

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:04 PM ( #150 )

I don't think time traveling hurts them. I did the same thing to increase the bonding level and I'll do it again when they reach their next generation and I have to start all over. It's not really cruel. It's certainly not near as bad as killing or torturing them for fun.

CrystalMimitchi

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:38 PM ( #151 )

Well, with the time travelling, it takes longer for them to grow. Oh, and I made two adults fall in love with a teen.

Edited by CrystalMimitchi, 19 May 2013 - 05:38 PM.

dazzilitchigirl

• dazzilitchigirl user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:03 AM ( #152 )

Great Post Dazzilitchi.

Really? There's actually a way to win Bump? I've never got past round 2 :P . I'm going to try that out, it's not really that bad, Tamas are only pixels anyway.

That's another thing I've done and still do...if there's a cheat and I have the version of Tama it can be used on, I'll always try it. I don't really see killing/neglecting Tamas as cruel anymore, I'd never harm the physical toy but I don't mind doing stuff to the pixel characters. And it's not 2011 any more so I don't have to pay any attention to that random thing I said. :P

Edited by dazzilitchigirl, 20 May 2013 - 08:06 AM.

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:51 AM ( #153 )

I think my biggest regret is not getting into them when they first came out and selling the few I did have. I think it would have been cool to start collecting in 97 and keep right on collecting through the Connection, IDL, Ps and Tamago Eras. I really envy people who have massive Tama collections. I need a time machine. Then again I found out about Giga Pets first. If I'd bought one of those first I may not be into handheld pets at all. I never much liked the Giga Pets I had. Fortunately  while I heard of Gigas first my first actual purchase was a Tamagotchi. Best. Pet. Ever.

Edited by robodog, 20 May 2013 - 08:58 AM.

Flare.exe

• flareexe user photo

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:15 AM ( #154 )

Well, a few years back, I learned about debugging. I tried debugging my first V3 and broke the sound on it. I then tried debugging my first Tama, the V4. Ended up losing all the screws to the v4, although, it still works. I also lost the IR cover thing that was on my first V6. So, I have a history of accidentally killing Tamas. :b

TotallyTamagotchi

• totallytamagotchi user photo

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:49 PM ( #155 )

I wasn't that bad, but when I was little, I went to this shop and I dropped it on accident, and when I  went to pick it up, my brother barfed on it. :o -_-

• tamagotchialice and Simmie like this

TotallyTamagotchi

• totallytamagotchi user photo

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:05 PM ( #156 )

One of my Tamas had overly sensitive buttons, so I took it apart as well as a v4 and switched their buttons around. After that, both versions worked perfectly, so I guess it's not really cruelty (except for the fact that the reset screen comes up when I try to connect). I also made my Tama-Go character weigh 99 pounds on purpose, but I was just experimenting. It turned out that when that happens, the Tamas get really fat and can't do anything until they die.

If your Tama gets fat, you just take it to the doctor and it makes a bunch of poop, you're not supposed to wait till it dies! xD Sorry, I find that funny..... xDDDD

Skygryph

• skygryph user photo

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:42 AM ( #157 )

I'll admit, I was an awful Tama owner back when the originals came out. I was young and, after I was tired of taking care of them, my brother and I would have contests/experiments trying to kill them. We'd starve them, constantly punish them for no reason, overfeed characters to 99 lbs, never clean up their poo, neglect characters we hated, and then record how they "reacted" to being tortured in said ways. Not sure why we were so cruel to them...I guess once we were tired of actualy playing with them properly, we found new ways to amuse ourselves. At least we never actually destroyed the toys.

I haven't tortured Tamas since then, though. I know they're just pixels, but I get attached to them. Even if it's a character I don't like, I feel bad neglecting them, let alone deliberately torturing them. At least my new Tamas never had to suffer the way my old ones did. XD

Edited by Skygryph, 26 July 2013 - 12:43 AM.

*Hayden*

• hayden user photo

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:16 AM ( #158 )

Naming my first Tama  'Blaya' just because it was on the Tamagotchi name generator

_brittanymegan

• brittanymegan user photo

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:29 PM ( #159 )

I had a nano when they first came out. It was a kitty & I loved it but then when my real life pet cat died I was so upset that I threw my nano out. I really wish I didn't do that. :'(

• tamagotchialice likes this

mozaique

• mozaique user photo

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:52 AM ( #160 )

Put a chewed bubble gum into my only tama at that time, a fake V1, because I'd lost the battery cover and the battery would always fall off. Dumb me  :lol: