Photo
- - - - -

Paint Touchup

paint tamagotchi touchup

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

erosia

• erosia user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:24 PM ( #1 )

Hello I was wondering if anyone has successfully touched up paint on a tamagotchi before, and what paint they think works/looks most natural, thanks!!

Replies

Views

Started

19 Dec 2011

Last Post

15 Jan 2012

Orandatchi

• orandatchi user photo

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:51 AM ( #2 )

I actually ruined my iD L doing this. -_-

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:06 AM ( #3 )

I recommend not putting colour on your Tamagotchi, since Orandatchi said it ruined her iD L when she did the same thing. You can decorate it with stickers or something, i don't thinkk they will ruin your Tama.

erosia

• erosia user photo

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:09 PM ( #4 )

I don't want to paint my Id L, I want to touch up original tamagotchi paint. I'm a graphic designer and am actually quite good at painting. So I'm not worried about ruining it, I just need suggestions for types of paint that would give a professional and clean look. Does anyone think the paint used to paint models, or RP game pieces like Warhammer would work?

I just want to make my tamas look new again, not interested in customizing them.

Tinkalila

• tinkalila user photo

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:10 PM ( #5 )

I recommend not putting colour on your Tamagotchi, since Orandatchi said it ruined her iD L when she did the same thing. You can decorate it with stickers or something, i don't thinkk they will ruin your Tama.

I don't want to paint my Id L, I want to touch up original tamagotchi paint. I'm a graphic designer and am actually quite good at painting. So I'm not worried about ruining it, I just need suggestions for types of paint that would give a professional and clean look. Does anyone think the paint used to paint models, or RP game pieces like Warhammer would work?

I just want to make my tamas look new again, not interested in customizing them.

Well, I suppose you could just put a sticker over the spot that the paint came off. xD

Violetchilluvr3

• violetchilluvr3 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:46 AM ( #6 )

No! Don't do stickers, they leave residue that's insanely annoying.

Sandti

• sandti user photo

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:00 PM ( #7 )

Acrylic paint, it's plastic based so it'll have a finish which is similar to the plastic, well I saw similar but it's as close as you are going to get :)

Orandatchi

• orandatchi user photo

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:53 PM ( #8 )

^ The paint would just fall off when it dries cause it doesn't bond to the plastic. D:

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:30 AM ( #9 )

Not those type of stickers, i meant repealable stickers which don't leave residue.

CherubHorse

• cherubhorse user photo

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:48 PM ( #10 )

Whatever you do, DON'T USE SUPERGLUE!!!!!
On my v4.5 I saw a little paint chip, so I decided to use a sticker from my deco-gotchi from my first v1. I took the Kuchipachi, and put some superglue on it, and poked it down. It was fine until it shifted (slid) to the side and onto the screen. Of course I tried to use a little knife to scrape it off. A "brilliant" idea told me to use NAILPOLISH REMOVER to get the glue off of the screen. The screen is plastic, so the polish remover just melted some of the plastic, chich is now slightly blurry. I hadn't realized what I was doing, because I was rubbing away with a cotton ball. :(

Edited by CherubHorse, 15 January 2012 - 12:48 PM.