Photo
- - - - -

Introducing TamaTube!

video tamavision tamatalk

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:46 PM ( #1 )

I've noticed over the years that more and more video links are being created and shared by TamaTalkers... These can be videos for stuff that is funny, music, video tama logs, unboxing videos, reviews and more. Initially, I was excited by media bbcodes in the upgraded software that let us display and watch the videos within the forum pages. The problem is I started wishing we could do more with these shared links. I wanted a place where people can stop by and find all the shared videos if they wanted to be entertained, informed or just kill some time. I wanted a way for people to share videos and have what they share show up on their profile page. I wanted people to be able to comment on and even rate these shared videos as well.

Well, now I think we have it! I'm calling it TamaVision! We're calling it TamaTube!

For launch I created five categories that reflect what I think are most commonly shared. These are:
  • Tamagotchi Videos
    The place to post all of your Tamagotchi related videos. Have an unboxing video? Want to show off what your tama is doing? Have something else Tamagotchi related to share? Post it here!
  • Funny Videos
    Share the funny stuff you see so others can enjoy some laughs
  • Cute Videos
    See something that makes you go 'Awwwww!'? Then it probably belongs here!
  • Music Videos
    Share your favorite music videos with others here!
  • Everything Else
    Want to share something that doesn't quite fit in the other categories? Post it here!
Since it is new things are a littl empty right now... That's where I need your help! Please go and add the best videos you have created or found online. I am hoping to have a nice collection of stuff for people to enjoy built up over time. Adding a video is easy! Just click the 'Add Video' button and enter at least a video title, pick a category, the url of the video at YouTube or loads of other video sites, and then maybe some info or comments about the video. These videos will then be available for others to enjoy and discuss. All of the videos you post will also show up on your profile under the Videos tab.

Think this could be useful and/or fun? Check it out!

OOPS! We also need to come up with a new name for this section! Please post your naming ideas over here!

UPDATE The name TamaTube was selected by the community.

Edited by Admin, 15 January 2012 - 10:05 AM.
Changed title to reflect new name

Replies

Views

Started

30 Dec 2011

Last Post

16 Jan 2012

kuchipatchi.is.blue55

• kuchipatchiisblue55 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:26 PM ( #2 )

Wow! This is so cool! Thanks admin! :)

OldSchoolTama

• oldschooltama user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:37 PM ( #3 )

Neat idea! I can't wait to see what everyone posts. I'll be sure to post some of my finds in the coming days. :)

graficks

• graficks user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:00 AM ( #4 )

I think this is a fantastic idea Admin! I know I'll definitely make use of this new feature.

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:58 AM ( #5 )

Love the new section. I think having an area specifically for video sharing is great.

My only problem is the name. In case you didn't know, TamaVision is technically already being used by Bandai America on their official Tamagotchi website to view the "Let's Go! Tamagotchi" Anime series. http://www.bandai.co...tchi/tamavision

I don't know if this is a major problem or not, but I thought I'd mention it regardless. Perhaps a change to something similar, such as TamaView could be made to avoid confusion or copyrighting issues? Just throwing it out there.

Nevertheless, it's a great idea and will hopefully be a welcome addition to the board. :)

Edited by SamJJE101, 31 December 2011 - 04:59 AM.

• Admin likes this

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:10 AM ( #6 )

Love the new section. I think having an area specifically for video sharing is great.
My only problem is the name. In case you didn't know, TamaVision is technically already being used by Bandai America on their official Tamagotchi website to view the "Let's Go! Tamagotchi" Anime series. http://www.bandai.co...tchi/tamavision

LOL! No wonder the name idea was so easy this time... I totally forgot about Bandai's use of it! I'm embarrassed!

Well now we need a new name for it... TamaView is one idea... Any others?

I made a new topic to collect name ideas... Please submit any ideas you have here.

ルリリ

• &-12523;&-12522;&-12522; user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:02 PM ( #7 )

It's an amazing Idea! One problem, however, having to use a URL code rather than the video file itself kind of ruins the purpose.

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:53 PM ( #8 )

Ruin the purpose? The main purpose is to collect the good stuff people find into one area. We don't have the server capacity or resources to be able to try and duplicate YouTube and others by allowing files to be uploaded.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: video, tamavision, tamatalk