Do You Tinker With Tamagotchis?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
One day, I discovered my v5.5 didn't work properly. The buttons were overly sensitive, so I decided to test something...I took apart the v5.5 and a v4 and switched the buttons around. Guess work? After that, both versions worked fine! Except for v5.5...when I try to connect, the reset screen comes up.

Hace you ever tinkered with you Tamagotchis? If you haven't, I don't exactly recommend doing it. They're very hard to put back together!

(It's not that I don't care about my Tamas, I was just desparate to save my v5.5) :rolleyes:

Having a Tamagotchi reset whenever you try to connect is a sign of a low battery. Put in a fresh battery and the problem should go away.

One day, I discovered my v5.5 didn't work properly. The buttons were overly sensitive, so I decided to test something...I took apart the v5.5 and a v4 and switched the buttons around. Guess work? After that, both versions worked fine! Except for v5.5...when I try to connect, the reset screen comes up.

Hace you ever tinkered with you Tamagotchis? If you haven't, I don't exactly recommend doing it. They're very hard to put back together!

(It's not that I don't care about my Tamas, I was just desparate to save my v5.5) :rolleyes:
Oh my gosh, I made some mistakes! Here's what it should say...

One day, I discovered my v5.5 didn't work properly. The buttons were overly sensitive, so I decided to test something...I took apart the v5.5 and a v4 and switched the buttons around. Guess what? After that, both versions worked fine! Except for v5.5...when I try to connect, the reset screen comes up.

Have you ever tinkered with your Tamagotchis? If you haven't, I don't exactly recommend doing it. They're very hard to put back together!

(It's not that I don't care about my Tamas, I was just desparate to save my v5.5)

I've tinkered with my v3 and spilt water on it and it wouldnt turn on and I had to dry it really well before it could work. On my v4, the debug enables hyperspeed, but character selection doesnt work.

I have tinkered with Tamas A LOT. I have done the following regretted things:

1. Reset my V4 trying to debug.

2. Broken my V3 trying to debug. (Well, I managed to debug, but I lost some important bits so I can't actually put it together again)

3. Broken 2 V6s trying to debug.

4. Broken my V5 trying to debug.

5. Almost broken my +C (now needs sticky tape on permanently to hold it together) trying to find debug button

6. Almost broken my iD L trying to find debug button

7. Almost broken a few TMGOs trying to find debug button

And made almost all of my Tamas glitched trying to find debug buttons. ALL OF MY DEBUGS FAILED - DO NOT TRY IT!

~ Dazzmina ~

Last edited by a moderator:
I have tinkered with Tamas A LOT. I have done the following regretted things:

1. Reset my V4 trying to debug.

2. Broken my V3 trying to debug. (Well, I managed to debug, but I lost some important bits so I can't actually put it together again)

3. Broken 2 V6s trying to debug.

4. Broken my V5 trying to debug.

5. Almost broken my +C (now needs sticky tape on permanently to hold it together) trying to find debug button

6. Almost broken my iD L trying to find debug button

7. Almost broken a few TMGOs trying to find debug button

And made almost all of my Tamas glitched trying to find debug buttons. ALL OF MY DEBUGS FAILED - DO NOT TRY IT!

~ Dazzmina ~
:eek: I didn't even know the iD L had a debug button...

------------

And yes, I have tinkered with my tamas... but I don't dare try debugging on any of my tamas. It seems frankly easy to debug, but from stories I've heard, it apparently isn't all that simple. ^_^

:eek: I didn't even know the iD L had a debug button...

------------

And yes, I have tinkered with my tamas... but I don't dare try debugging on any of my tamas. It seems frankly easy to debug, but from stories I've heard, it apparently isn't all that simple. ^_^
The iD L doesn't have a debug button.

1. Broken 4 V6s attempt to debug.. :(

Actually someone posted a video on Youtube of a debugged iD L. THAT IS NOT TO SAY THAT YOU GUYS SHOULD OPEN YOUR ID LS UP TRYING TO LOOK FOR IT.

Back on topic, I never take my Tamas apart. Only my Music Star to see what the inside of a Tama looked like, and I nearly broke it. Well, actually I did, but I was able to put it back together again. But I don't like taking them apart for fear of braking them; My mom always says, "Don't take apart what you wouldn't want broken", or something of the sort. :)

I don't ever try taking apart my tamagotchi's and trying to fix or debug them. I am not skilled at taking things apart and putting them back together, so most likely, I will just break my tamagotchi and have to buy another one. I wouldn't even try debugging or fixing my ID L, with the money I spent on them, I would be furious if it broke.

The only time I ever took one apart was to attempt a debug on a v3 that I didn't care about...I didn't care for the design, and I bought it for like $3 at a local store. Anyways the debug worked fine and I was able to put it back to normal soon after I was done...

I did minor operations on other vpets that needed work, or tightened screws to get screens working properly again. Nothing major though. Right now I'm contemplating doing a background switch on two of my music stars though. I really like this one outside case that I'm usnig, but I prefer the background on the one I'm not using. It has a palm tree and a sofa and it's adorable. I watched a few videos on how to take it apart gently and how to slip the paper out from behind the screen so I may try it :)

Yeah...my first Tamagotchi was a version 4 and when it broke I took it apart and DISSECTED it. Then I replaced the background with a little piece of paper saying "I'm sorry. I will always remember you." Isn't that lovely? I still have my beloved mushimised version 4. I want to debug my v2 but I lost my little screwdriver. :rolleyes:

No way! Unless it's broken or something :rolleyes: . I would like, break everything.

Haha, oh dear, this brings back memories. I always used to tinker with my Tamasback when I was a little kid (the old Tamagotchi Connections and such.). I would try to debug them, but I always ended up destroying them instead :p

I don't take electronics apart unless they require fixing.

So many things can go wrong when tinkering with electronics. I don't want to risk permanently destroying my toys. XD

There's no way I would debug any of my Tamas, it's too risky. Like people say: if it ain't broke don't fix it. :lol:

I did have to take apart my iD L 15th Anniversary recently, long story short I accidentally got water behind the plastic screen. I successfully dried it out and put it back together again. Works perfectly with no problems. Thank goodness. :)

When the original came out in 96 (I was 10) I had a magenta and yellow one. It got all scratched up from having a keychain on it so I decided to try and use clear nail polish on it ...well it got dog hair in it (did this on the living room carpeted floor. genius) so i tried to fix it and got some polish on the button it started to stick so I panicked and showed my mom. She got angry and put it in the sink and said, "Here see how it works now"

Hence why I've been looking for an Original Magenta and yellow tama

I'm forever taking mine apart and fiddling with them! Usually to clean any scungey looking ones I get off eBay, clear under the screen of any dust and such, swapping backgrounds and yadda yadda.

Did try putting a v1 in a v3 shell once, doesn't work as the black thing on the bottom of the board is bigger in the v1, and the v3 shell doesn't accommodate for this. Went back together fine though!

Also, managed to put a drill through a really mangled v1 when trying the remove the screw heads, as the previous owner has stripped them bare, but I've got a proper stripped screw remover now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back