Photo
- - - - -

Do You Tinker With Tamagotchis?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:46 AM ( #1 )

One day, I discovered my v5.5 didn't work properly. The buttons were overly sensitive, so I decided to test something...I took apart the v5.5 and a v4 and switched the buttons around. Guess work? After that, both versions worked fine! Except for v5.5...when I try to connect, the reset screen comes up.
Hace you ever tinkered with you Tamagotchis? If you haven't, I don't exactly recommend doing it. They're very hard to put back together!

(It's not that I don't care about my Tamas, I was just desparate to save my v5.5) :rolleyes:

Replies

Views

Started

22 Jan 2012

Last Post

24 Mar 2012

binary

• binary user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:22 AM ( #2 )

Having a Tamagotchi reset whenever you try to connect is a sign of a low battery. Put in a fresh battery and the problem should go away.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:50 AM ( #3 )

One day, I discovered my v5.5 didn't work properly. The buttons were overly sensitive, so I decided to test something...I took apart the v5.5 and a v4 and switched the buttons around. Guess work? After that, both versions worked fine! Except for v5.5...when I try to connect, the reset screen comes up.
Hace you ever tinkered with you Tamagotchis? If you haven't, I don't exactly recommend doing it. They're very hard to put back together!

(It's not that I don't care about my Tamas, I was just desparate to save my v5.5) :rolleyes:

Oh my gosh, I made some mistakes! Here's what it should say...
One day, I discovered my v5.5 didn't work properly. The buttons were overly sensitive, so I decided to test something...I took apart the v5.5 and a v4 and switched the buttons around. Guess what? After that, both versions worked fine! Except for v5.5...when I try to connect, the reset screen comes up.
Have you ever tinkered with your Tamagotchis? If you haven't, I don't exactly recommend doing it. They're very hard to put back together!

(It's not that I don't care about my Tamas, I was just desparate to save my v5.5)

tamag9

• tamag9 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:04 AM ( #4 )

I've tinkered with my v3 and spilt water on it and it wouldnt turn on and I had to dry it really well before it could work. On my v4, the debug enables hyperspeed, but character selection doesnt work.

dazzilitchigirl

• dazzilitchigirl user photo

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:09 AM ( #5 )

I have tinkered with Tamas A LOT. I have done the following regretted things:

1. Reset my V4 trying to debug.
2. Broken my V3 trying to debug. (Well, I managed to debug, but I lost some important bits so I can't actually put it together again)
3. Broken 2 V6s trying to debug.
4. Broken my V5 trying to debug.
5. Almost broken my +C (now needs sticky tape on permanently to hold it together) trying to find debug button
6. Almost broken my iD L trying to find debug button
7. Almost broken a few TMGOs trying to find debug button

And made almost all of my Tamas glitched trying to find debug buttons. ALL OF MY DEBUGS FAILED - DO NOT TRY IT!

~ Dazzmina ~

Edited by dazzilitchigirl, 30 January 2012 - 10:11 AM.

dazzilitchigirl

• dazzilitchigirl user photo

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:11 AM ( #6 )

*sorry accidental double post*

Edited by dazzilitchigirl, 30 January 2012 - 10:13 AM.

Tinkalila

• tinkalila user photo

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:06 PM ( #7 )

I have tinkered with Tamas A LOT. I have done the following regretted things:

1. Reset my V4 trying to debug.
2. Broken my V3 trying to debug. (Well, I managed to debug, but I lost some important bits so I can't actually put it together again)
3. Broken 2 V6s trying to debug.
4. Broken my V5 trying to debug.
5. Almost broken my +C (now needs sticky tape on permanently to hold it together) trying to find debug button
6. Almost broken my iD L trying to find debug button
7. Almost broken a few TMGOs trying to find debug button

And made almost all of my Tamas glitched trying to find debug buttons. ALL OF MY DEBUGS FAILED - DO NOT TRY IT!

~ Dazzmina ~

:o I didn't even know the iD L had a debug button...
------------
And yes, I have tinkered with my tamas... but I don't dare try debugging on any of my tamas. It seems frankly easy to debug, but from stories I've heard, it apparently isn't all that simple. ^_^

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:12 PM ( #8 )

I have tinkered with them... But only to the point they work again. I don't do anything else to them.

Orandatchi

• orandatchi user photo

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:43 PM ( #9 )

:o I didn't even know the iD L had a debug button...
------------
And yes, I have tinkered with my tamas... but I don't dare try debugging on any of my tamas. It seems frankly easy to debug, but from stories I've heard, it apparently isn't all that simple. ^_^

The iD L doesn't have a debug button.

1. Broken 4 V6s attempt to debug.. :(

Violetchilluvr3

• violetchilluvr3 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:30 AM ( #10 )

Actually someone posted a video on Youtube of a debugged iD L. THAT IS NOT TO SAY THAT YOU GUYS SHOULD OPEN YOUR ID LS UP TRYING TO LOOK FOR IT.

Back on topic, I never take my Tamas apart. Only my Music Star to see what the inside of a Tama looked like, and I nearly broke it. Well, actually I did, but I was able to put it back together again. But I don't like taking them apart for fear of braking them; My mom always says, "Don't take apart what you wouldn't want broken", or something of the sort. :)

GreenApple

• greenapple user photo

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:19 PM ( #11 )

I don't ever try taking apart my tamagotchi's and trying to fix or debug them. I am not skilled at taking things apart and putting them back together, so most likely, I will just break my tamagotchi and have to buy another one. I wouldn't even try debugging or fixing my ID L, with the money I spent on them, I would be furious if it broke.

cmarie

• cmarie user photo

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:13 PM ( #12 )

The only time I ever took one apart was to attempt a debug on a v3 that I didn't care about...I didn't care for the design, and I bought it for like $3 at a local store. Anyways the debug worked fine and I was able to put it back to normal soon after I was done...

I did minor operations on other vpets that needed work, or tightened screws to get screens working properly again. Nothing major though. Right now I'm contemplating doing a background switch on two of my music stars though. I really like this one outside case that I'm usnig, but I prefer the background on the one I'm not using. It has a palm tree and a sofa and it's adorable. I watched a few videos on how to take it apart gently and how to slip the paper out from behind the screen so I may try it :)

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:12 AM ( #13 )

Yeah...my first Tamagotchi was a version 4 and when it broke I took it apart and DISSECTED it. Then I replaced the background with a little piece of paper saying "I'm sorry. I will always remember you." Isn't that lovely? I still have my beloved mushimised version 4. I want to debug my v2 but I lost my little screwdriver. :rolleyes:

i<3froyo

• i<3froyo user photo

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:59 AM ( #14 )

No way! Unless it's broken or something :rolleyes: . I would like, break everything.

Sakuranboy

• sakuranboy user photo

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:34 AM ( #15 )

Haha, oh dear, this brings back memories. I always used to tinker with my Tamasback when I was a little kid (the old Tamagotchi Connections and such.). I would try to debug them, but I always ended up destroying them instead :P

MintyDreams7

• mintydreams7 user photo

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:45 PM ( #16 )

I don't take electronics apart unless they require fixing.
So many things can go wrong when tinkering with electronics. I don't want to risk permanently destroying my toys. XD

MagicMimitchi

• magicmimitchi user photo

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:25 PM ( #17 )

There's no way I would debug any of my Tamas, it's too risky. Like people say: if it ain't broke don't fix it. :lol:

I did have to take apart my iD L 15th Anniversary recently, long story short I accidentally got water behind the plastic screen. I successfully dried it out and put it back together again. Works perfectly with no problems. Thank goodness. :)