Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Pixelmood

pixelmood tamatalk

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:08 PM ( #1 )

Hello TamaTalkers!
I am not sure how many of you are aware of the tama website called Pixelmood. It is a site that was created by a former TamaTalk Guide named Natasja. Natasja approached me not long ago because she is no longer updating the site and the domain name pixelmood.com is going to be going away soon too. She wanted to know if I was interested in hosting Pixelmood instead on the TT server. I literally jumped at the chance to preserve her site. We were unable to get pixelmood.com but she has passed along all of the files and stuff to me so that anyone who tries to access something at pixelmood.com will be redirected to page at the new url www.tamatalk.com/pixelmood. I am grateful and honored to work with Natasja to preserve her creation. If you have never been to Pixelmood before, I encourage you to check it out.

Admin

PS - We also have Natasja's blessing start updating the site's information too. I am open to any ideas so please let me know if you have any.
  • joshnemo, SamJJE101, tamatown123 and 1 other like this

Replies

Views

Started

23 Jan 2012

Last Post

20 Feb 2012

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:30 PM ( #2 )

I never went before!

OldSchoolTama

• oldschooltama user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:37 PM ( #3 )

Wow, this is so amazing! I am a huge, huge fan of Pixelmood. It has a great variety of information on the vintage Tamagotchis. It's great that TamaTalk has the chance to preserve Natasja's wonderful creation!

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:14 PM ( #4 )

That's great news.
Pixelmood was one of the sites I always visited for info (along with TamaTalk and mimitchi.com) when I first got into tamagotchis (way back when...)

graficks

• graficks user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:35 PM ( #5 )

Great news! I also discovered Pixelmood when I was first started collecting Tamagotchis. I'm so glad that TamaTalk has the resources to keep this wonderful resource around for everyone to enjoy!

joshnemo

• joshnemo user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:43 AM ( #6 )

I remember chatting to Natasja on the day she re-registered here to discuss the possibility of giving her website to Admin. Her website was always one of the main resources other than TamaTalk which I would often visit whenever I wanted to learn new things about Tamagotchis! c:

It's such a shame to see it go! Yet again, another collection of my childhood memories have diminished. :(
I think it's lovely though that you offered to keep/archive it, Admin!

If you ever do intend on updating the website, please oh please try and preserve the format/layering and the themes! If that was to go away, it wouldn't be the original Pixelmood we all have grown to know and love!

Once again, thank you so much for keeping the website! :blink:

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:57 AM ( #7 )

It dosen't look anything like Tamatalk, can we get on it from tamatalk instead of using the link you gave us?

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:05 PM ( #8 )

It dosen't look anything like Tamatalk, can we get on it from tamatalk instead of using the link you gave us?

The point is not for it to look like TT... I wanted to preserve it as-is since Jatasja put in a lot of effort to design her site. You can access the files as they are... You'll just see www.tamatalk.com in the url being the only real difference (well I did put the Topsites button on every page).
  • joshnemo and HippyFish like this

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:53 PM ( #9 )

Ohh

That's heaps of info on the site. Made me learn a lot more than i knew!

***OST EDIT: Posts merged. For future reference, please use the "edit" button if you'd like to make changes to your post (especially if it's within the 24-hour time limit) rather than double-posting. Thanks.***

Edited by OldSchoolTama, 24 January 2012 - 02:57 PM.

HippyFish

• hippyfish user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:01 PM ( #10 )

Pure awesome-ness! Pixelmood is a great site, sad to see it go, but glad to hear it will live on with TT!!

Not sure if you want suggestions here, but I think some prices on the "What Should I Pay?" page might need updates.

• TamaOtch - I've seen some going for $70-$90
• Ocean - $70- upwards of $100 (shell case depending... I wish they were $50 ;)
• P1/P2 - It seems like most are going for a bit more than $25 these days. $35-$50 ?

Maybe we can add to it too!

• iD
• iD L
• TMGC+C
• Entama/Uratama
...etc. I've used this page many times to get and idea of prices, would be great if it could be expanded, seems like one of many great resources from Pixelmood!

HF☼

Edited by HippyFish, 24 January 2012 - 06:17 PM.

• Violetchilluvr3 likes this

haleyhashats

• haleyhashats user photo

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:46 AM ( #11 )

I've never heard of Pixelmood before, but it's great to see that TamaTalk is helping to preserve it! It looks like an extremely helpful site, even though I've never used it. However, I may use it now and then. The little diary sheet for tamagotchi logs was absolutely adorable. (:

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:44 AM ( #12 )

I also think people who see Pixelmood will want to join Tamatalk as well! Then we will have a chance getting more people in this site. We are very lucky to have the PixelMood site handed over to us. It's a great update for Tamatalk!

Sorry for the double post

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:32 AM ( #13 )

This is great! I remember when I first discovered Tamagotchi sites, Pixelmood was one that I used to learn more about other Tamagotchis other than the one or two that I owned. I'll always remember this site, and it's great that it can continue its journey through TamaTalk! :)

hwd45

• hwd45 user photo

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:45 AM ( #14 )

This was one of those sites I always used to visit...

*Flashback begins*

Back in 2006, shortly after getting my first two Tamagotchis, my friend and I would visit all of the websites listed on the Tamagotchi website; websites like Tama-fan, Tamenagerie, and, of course, Pixelmood. They were very good websites, jam-packed full of information.

*Flashback ends*

...Well, that was a short flashback... The point is that this is a really good thing. It's good to see these kind of websites being safely stored for the future.
  • joshnemo likes this

Astromeno

• astromeno user photo

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:25 PM ( #15 )

That sound pretty cool!

I was thinking, though: if I'm correct, Pixelmood was originally more of a personal site for Natasja and her interest.. Would having the updates be handled by a group of users diminish that? And if the site will be updated, who'll do it?

Tinkalila

• tinkalila user photo

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:22 PM ( #16 )

I noticed the "Tamagotchi Topsites" button on the "Links" page of PixelMood, and I thought it would be a nice touch if that button could go on the bottom of every page, as it does on TamaTalk. It would be a good way to show off that PixelMood's been featured there, and it would be great for finding other tamagotchi sites. But it's just an idea.

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:45 PM ( #17 )

I noticed the "Tamagotchi Topsites" button on the "Links" page of PixelMood, and I thought it would be a nice touch if that button could go on the bottom of every page, as it does on TamaTalk. It would be a good way to show off that PixelMood's been featured there, and it would be great for finding other tamagotchi sites. But it's just an idea.

Yup... That's one of the first things I did so that it would show up higher on the topsites rankings... And it is climbing fast too! I put it on every page below the banner ad on the side.

Tinkalila

• tinkalila user photo

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:58 PM ( #18 )

Yup... That's one of the first things I did so that it would show up higher on the topsites rankings... And it is climbing fast too! I put it on every page below the banner ad on the side.

I suppose I should've looked more carefully, didn't notice it there. :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pixelmood, tamatalk