How to rmove Tamagotchi paint?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CherubHorse

Reaction score
I have a v3 yellow with hot pink dots on it... I decided to remove the pink dots so I could do a little experimental modding with different types of paints and clays. So I started with scissors, scraping off the pink dots, but it just scratched the tam.

I tried turpenoid (used in "painting" with oil pastels and such to move around the media) but it didn't do anything. I tried nail polish remover, which removed some paint, but it also seems to melt the actual plastic a bit. It takes away the Tamagotchi's shine! An electric toothbrush and toothpaste don't work either, lol.

So do you have any ideas to try to remove the tamagotchi's paint? I'm willing to sacrifice my v3 to test it out, because I'm going to cover it with rhinestones anyways. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm.. I've heard baby lotion on tissues are good for removing the paint on Tamagotchi's.

Grr... I was talking about removing the silver off of my Tamagotchi-iD L's front cover. ;) Not all Tamagotchis use perfume to remove the paint. By the way CherubHorse, try using the sonic toothbrush and some tooth polish, not toothpaste, you heard toothpaste on Tama-Zone did you? :p

The best (Possibly slowest) way to get it off... Rub it with your finger. Just keep going....

You used TERP PIN Tine?! (Spelled in correctly on purpose) That stuff can RUIN the tama AND you. (Skin, Eyes, Nose...) Don't use it again unless you have an Adult doing it outside in the WIDE open with a mask and gloves.... Seriously. (This is me going into insane adult mode... I don't like insane adult mode, I like to stay Pinkie Pie Keen)

Otherwise, those Gum erasers might work... They are like a Brownish tan. The white ones might work too. They are both rectangular.... When in crazy mode.... Silly Puddy. It will murder your Silly Puddy. (It takes a rather long time for Silly Puddy though)

Just be careful with the liquid stuff you use. Not all of it is safe for the tama... Some Aerosols, if you sniff wrong can hurt you really bad... (Pam cooking spray as an example, even though it has nothing to do with this convo)

Last edited by a moderator:
The best (Possibly slowest) way to get it off... Rub it with your finger. Just keep going....

You used TERP PIN Tine?! (Spelled in correctly on purpose) That stuff can RUIN the tama AND you. (Skin, Eyes, Nose...) Don't use it again unless you have an Adult doing it outside in the WIDE open with a mask and gloves.... Seriously. (This is me going into insane adult mode... I don't like insane adult mode, I like to stay Pinkie Pie Keen)

Otherwise, those Gum erasers might work... They are like a Brownish tan. The white ones might work too. They are both rectangular.... When in crazy mode.... Silly Puddy. It will murder your Silly Puddy. (It takes a rather long time for Silly Puddy though)

Just be careful with the liquid stuff you use. Not all of it is safe for the tama... Some Aerosols, if you sniff wrong can hurt you really bad... (Pam cooking spray as an example, even though it has nothing to do with this convo)
I use TURPENOID. It's made SPECIFICALLY for painting and art... I've been taking professional art lessons and I've been using it every week when I paint with certain medias... The fume is not very strong at all and it doesn't harm me or my skin, tamagotchi, etc. Turpentine... used for stripping paint off of things, right? I would NEVER use that. My dad would wring my neck if he found me using that xD

I have plenty of gum erasers to sacrifice for my Tama... 4 years of art lessons rack up a lot of erasers when I think I lose them and buy more then find the old ones again...hehe :)

But I think I'll also try Silly Putty... I may have some lying around the house xD

Welp. I was freakin' out over the Noid since I never heard of that... I figured you knew, but my brain said otherwise to say something anyway. Please forgive my freaking out. :newmametchi:

Good luck with the Silly Puddy, it works on somethings... Other things... Not so much. I haven't used it on a tamagotchi, but I have on other things with similar paint...

Welp. I was freakin' out over the Noid since I never heard of that... I figured you knew, but my brain said otherwise to say something anyway. Please forgive my freaking out. :newmametchi:

Good luck with the Silly Puddy, it works on somethings... Other things... Not so much. I haven't used it on a tamagotchi, but I have on other things with similar paint...
lol I'd freak out too. Haha I sometimes do that just to warm people even if they don't have something dangerous I'm mentioning...hehe

I just found the Silly Putty. It's dried out. I'm gonna pick some up at a gas station maybe 1/2 mile away from my house. I'll walk there tomorrow. I won't get hit by a bus or aqnything because I literally live in the middle of nowhere and there are barely any cars out here in the country xD

Also, in case you freak out again, I DO NOT TALK TO STRANGERS (actually laughing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back