Comm'on Bandai.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabaith

Reaction score
Hello my name is Ian, but that doesn't really matter right now. What I'm hear to talk about is, "what happened to tamas?" I first got into tamagotchis in elementary with a V4 my best friend gave me. My love grew form there. But as a boy and seeing how much of a turn tamagotchis were taking. What Bandai doesn't understand is we don't want some overhauled, overcomplicated piece of junk that we need to buy more pieces to it. Sure some people think the Japanese colors are so cool, but trying to replicate them hear doesn't work. I'm sure most of the people on this forum would buy a reboot of an old Tama, or maybe an anniversary p1, or something like the v6 which was staying simple. I don't think I stand alone here, but I'm pretty sure everyone would love to purchase a reboot, or new connection, am I right? And the other thing is they need to stop thinking business, and start thinking about their customers, as in no more expansion crap .As a Boy speaking the designs have gotten overly girly after V4.5 so I would love if they would have half of the series being girly shells, and the other half being more masculine like silver, black, fire, etc... I hope someone gets my point and maybe, just maybe Bandai can see this.

Thanks for reading,

Ian Norris

I get what you're saying about the newer versions being "flashier", and the old connections being more simple, but I also don't think that the newer versions are bad in the sense that they have a lot of options. I think the connections were more pet-like, and that was Bandai's goal (a virtual pet that seems like the real thing), BUT I also think that the color tamas' options don't downgrade it. For example, of you get bored in a car ride or you have nothing to do, there will always be something new on, say, your iD L, whether you download it or unlock it.

On the topic of girls shell designs, I think your right about a lot of the connection design becoming more girly. At the same time, though, the designs of different Music Stars were pretty cool for boys as well as girls. And with the TamaGo, they kept it nice and simple by just doing a solid color that you chose based on what your favorite color is. I think it's good that they brought the focus back to that instead of frilly designs. I must admit, though, that some of the Japanese tama designs are becoming girlier, but no matter what design or version, as long as you're having fun, that's what matters most :)

Hmm...it is a bit pricey to buy expansions for $10 each just to have more features, but I really like collecting the figures. Tama-Go is one of my favorite versions because of its simplicity. Music Star was kind of difficult because the only way to be a successful musician was to play games 100 times, and it was hard to make enough money to even feed the Tama. I think Tama-Go is a refreshing change, but it would be a good idea to do a reboot because I new a new v5. Both of mine are screwy. :angry:

As for the girliness, I admit Bandai should make more masculine designs because I'm a bit of a tomboy when it comes to Tamagotchis. Most of the gotchi figures were girls, but I tend to prefer male Tamagotchis for some reason. (I just hate Memetchi!). Everybody's different, but I agree Bandai should try to make their products appeal to boys more. Otherwise, they'll lose all their male fans. There's no reason to not sell older versions anymore, and there's no reason to make Tamas more for girls. :kusatchi:

Everyone is missing tama... But remember, Bandai has multiple layers... We aren't enthused with Bandai America...

I wouldn't mind going BACK to the connections. Even if they just "Remixed" the characters inside. (Like Angels, Devils, Ocean and original... etc) I think people want the colors or to go back to the ORIGINAL we fell in love with 15 years ago, or the release 9 years ago that made it flourish again.

What about "Connection Upgrades" That could go REALLY far here if it wasn't color... Yes? It would for me... It would get people to get more for that connection...

To the Tama-Go, it was fun for a while... But... Those "upgrades" we had to buy... Not directly fair prices until they clearance... If they clearanced where you are.Oh and yes, I see all of the Tama-Go has glitter in the plastic. You lost probably half the sales you would have had because of the BOYS who WANTED them. They didn't directly want the glitter, what does that say? Even the Black and White... Tamagotchi has been for Girls AND Boys for years.... Add glitter and you loose half of the coolness a guy might have seen in it....

Bandai America needs to rethink and READ the letters/emails we are sending to them.

In Some sense, They need to stop with the "Re-Released toys" (Such as the Power Rangers, Yes, I was THERE the FIRST time) Ya, its cheaper, but.... With a big name as Bandai, you need to Step Up NOT cheap out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree completely... I wanted the TamaGo until I realized you need to buy all the figurines to get everything.. Bandai just wants our MONEY....

TamaGo was so very unappealing to me. Worst offenders were its bulky size and additional purchases to "unlock" features.

The downhill slide with Tamagotchis didn't start there. In my opinion, Connections became more convoluted as the line went on. Simple virtual pet fun was out and the most tacked-on features they could think of were in!

They also really began to muddle with the "virtual pet" theme mostly with the Music Star. (While I wasn't thrilled by that particular concept, I am not going to revile it since I've never owned one. It might've been decent, afterall.)

It was almost as if each new version was an experimental upgrade instead of an improvement.

Tamatown was a cute idea at first, but is now just a frustration. Those items that can only be obtained through Tamatown are essentially forever unobtainable if Bandai ever permanently removes the Tamatown servers (or goes out of business. Either way, you can't expect them to keep up the website of an old product forever). That's no fun, and "visit Tamatown" just sadly becomes a useless option on the toy itself.

Speaking of things being unobtainable... TamaGo has the figurines to unlock games. Want the full enjoyment out of your TamaGo? You have to go out and buy extras! Don't lose any, they might be difficult to replace years later.

Those kinds of problems don't happen with self-contained devices such as the vintage Tamagotchis. The gameplay is just as accessible nowadays as it was way back when the toy was brand new. No extra websites or add-ons to worry about.

Ah-well.

If they ever decide to re-release their vintage lines, I'll be there waiting with money.

The re-releases have to have the same basic gameplay as the originals, though, or it's a potential dealbreaker.

No new weird stuff like "Angelgotchi Pop Star", or have Digimon/Santaclautchi/Mothra go to school. XD

You can't expect Bandai to get it right every time. It's just not logical.

They're trying to experiment with us. While it was a miss with you, it was a hit with other people.

They're just trying to give us what we want, but since we're all saying that we hate the Tama-go and we don't like this and we don't like that, they're decided to stop releasing Tamas. Well, this is what we get for complaining...

But yeah. They're just trying to help, so don't blame them.

@Violetchilluvr3:

Oh, and I agree. It's true that we can't expect Bandai to pump out a winner every time.

Experimentation can be a good thing if done well. The jumps between the later versions just seemed a little inconsistant and "why did they add that?" to me.

I understand that it's impossible to please everyone. That's why my post was exactly as I claimed it to be: My opinion.

Voicing our dislike of the TamaGo did not make Bandai stop producing Tamagotchis.

Lacking sales of the TamaGo are more likely the cause of their aversion to continuing the line. Why produce something that people aren't going to buy? Theres no money in that, and they pull the plug.

What do we get from "complaining"? Well, they get feedback on how their product is recieved, and hopefully we get a better, more fine-tuned product in return. If they choose not to incorporate the feedback, then that's their own choice.

"Complaining" also shows Bandai that we are still interested in their product, but would prefer changes.

Unfortunately, the TamaGo was a big miss for me. I personally am not going to be spending my money on the TamaGo or any products similar to it unless there are changes that "fix" what I and many others find so unappealing about it.

I think there should be a reboot. Not only would the Tama-Fans of the original Tamas become interested again, but Bandai would also gain even more fans. There are many other things (Crazy Bones, Might Beans, etc.) that have been rebooted, so why not Tamagotchi?

Well I really like my TamaGo. The new options are so fun! Mt first tamagotchi was V4 Jinsei if I remember and I hate it. Because it's so boring for me. I wanted a virtual pet that is similar with the real pet because my parents don't like pets so this is my last option. I really love my TamaGo.

And I know Tamagotchi is for everyone but I'm sure Bandai wanted Tamagotchi to be for the young people, like me, because don't forget is a toy. Toys are in general for children. I really love that is so colorful and has so many fun options and figurines. Children from this days forget about Tamagotchi, in my country are no more Tamagotchi since 2008. I think only in Japan are very popular, in other countries are not. so Bandai try to keep them by making figurines to get money. Please don't be upset. At least we have TamaGo and I'm sure the next Tamagotchi will pe better. :)

I hope Bandai don't leave Tamas :( And hope you understand my point of view.

I love the tamago. Better than my v5 and v6!

I think you're mistaken to say that releasing a colored tamagotchi here would not work. It's the only way for tamagotchis to be popular in america again.

a remake of an old tama might be cool since the old tamas are fun and all but it would not get many new customers. unfortunately a plain black and white tama will just not be able to compete with all the technology today.

A colored tama would stand a chance though. They could make the shell design appeal to both boys and girls.

Hmm... well, I have to agree with what Amber-Cakes said, with technology like it is in this day and age, a regular black and white tama, classic though it is, probably would not gain new fans. I think that if they could release the iDL here but in English, it might be a good thing. As for the shell designs, I think that just putting out different colors and you could just pick whatever color appealed to you. I also like the idea of making a new black and white tama here. The Music Star for me was okay, but it's kind of needy. I like my new Tama-Go, though I miss the getting jobs and going to school like in my v4.5. Well, that's my 2 cents worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back