FAKE P1?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HOMERSIMPSONX

Reaction score
Hi, i have two p1 tamagotchis and one is different to the other in the colours. one has been made in china and other have been made in thailand because are different and i think obviously one is fake. i have other since i was a child and the colours corresponds to the left. what do you think?. it is possible diferent colours for the same model in differents factory?

photo:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/74324361@N03/6797640711/in/photostream

sorry for my bad english. i am from Spain.

i don´t think so because the colors are very differents. in the photo is not very evident but in first person is evident that one is more clear than other. the green colour is more obscure in the left. when i was a child i bought one in a shop and when i compare only the left is the same colour. the left is very different

They're still real, even if the colours are different.

They both say BanDai in the corner... and have the same casing too. xD

As long as a Tamagotchi says BanDai on it, it's real.

My theory is that they eventually shifted to a factory in another location where it is cheaper to make them, a common tactic among a lot of small plastic toys.

i don´t understand why the same product is different depending the factory. is very rare. why for europe is better than china? i think that must be the same in all the world. same colors and same quality. the european version has a hight quality compared with the other.

tamagotchi made in china is painted worse than the european (the edge of screen has a zone not painted. my 2 europeans versions has a perfect paint), numbers are good painted but in more obscure colour. really i don´t understand why the colors are differents tonalities for a region or other.

I think they are both genuine tamagotchis. I don't think it is strange that there are differences in the colour of the paint and the way the toy has been painted.

These tamagotchis were produced in their thousands - when the toy was a craze all over Europe (and America and Asia).

They were produced by more than one factory, in more than one location.

They come from two different countries of manufacture (one is fromThailand, one is from Indonesia by the look of the photo).

I believe you bought them from different stores at different times - probably years apart.

There would certainly have been more than one supplier of tamagotchis even just for the European markets when they were at the height of their popularity.

It is not surprising that the colour doesn't exactly match - they would have used different product dyes in the different countries and it is possible that different factories worked to different minimum standards of decoration and finish - and probably also had different "quality control" checks also.

This does not make one of them a fake.

If you want to be more confident about them take them out of the packs and turn them over and compare the back of the tamagotchi shell (not just the box).

Do the words same words appear? (my older tamagotchis have the words "BANDAI 1997 MADE IN CHINA" stamped or engraved on the back of the shell).

Are you worried one is a fake because you want to sell it online?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back