Orignal Tamagotchi(P1) questions

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefan Bauwens

Reaction score
Okay, as some of you who have read my intro topic may know, I'm planning on making a tamagotchi simulator for a graphing calculator.

Since I haven't got myself one, I'm gonna ask, if nobody minds, all my questions about the P1/Gen1 here. :)

I'll start with all the questions that pop now in my head. No doubt I'll have more later. :p

How long does it take for each character to:

-Lose a heart

-Poop

-Get sick

-Ask for discipline

Is taking care of babitchi really important for later evolves?

Does overweight matter in these versions(I don't think so, but not sure)?

What are the caring mistakes exactly? Do 5 kill the tama? And is caring mistakes always easier to get?(Hearts get faster emptier, etc?)

Thank you. :)

More questions are doomed to come. So worry. :p :p

I've never owned a P1, so I can't be positive that everything on the iD L (newest Japanese version) applies to it, but on the iD L a care miss is when you leave your Tama to completely empty one of the meters- hungry/happy- and then once it completely empties, they'll call for attention. Leave them calling for you for 15 minutes and then they might get sick or might just be fine.

That's one care miss. On the iD L it won't die if you give it 5, only if you let both meters empty AT THE SAME TIME.

Does anyone remember if weight affected the P1. I've looked around a bit.

Maybe it causes more poops/skull. Does anyobdy have an idea?

I've never seen a detailed analysis of Gen1/P1 tamagotchi care.

BanDai did produce a Care Guide for the TamaPlus (the V1 IR) and here is a link to a translation from the guide: https://www.peppersoup.net/tamasquare/tamapluschara.php

This is for V1s/Plus, so I don't know if there are any similarities - but the page does give frequency of poohs, how often Hungry / Happy hearts empty etc.

I don't know if it will be helpful - but maybe the only thing you find unless someone has kept detailed logs of activity on their P1.

I don't own a P1, so I wouldn't have the foggiest idea. I'd suggest getting a P1 before making a simulator for it, or you could make a sim for a version you have. Oh yes, and I've been trying to find some good simulators for tamas, so please give me the link when it's complete.

I'm running my P1 right now for a hatch.. though, it is the first time I have EVER ran a P1. From what I can tell, it doesn't seem that weight affects him... I feed him candy when I don't have time for the game... his weight increases, but that's it. I have not timed the time it takes for meals and happiness to decrease and I am already at the teenager stage (I think), but I did have the skull this morning due to neglecting him a good couple of hours without anything to eat/happiness plus there was poop beside him, which I can only assume appeared there prior to the skull appearing.

I will try to pay better attention so that I may be able to help, but P1s are just as new to me as well ;)

Also, these questions should also be answerable by P2 owners since the engine is pretty the same I think(only the game and chars are different).

So if you have a P2, you can help me too. ;)

Thanks

I now have a P2, so many of theses questions I hope to answer myself. But does anybody know when and how your tamagotchi gets sick?

I have a Tonmarutchi now and it only got sick once. Did anybody else notice it too? Or has anyone have already a babitchi that got sick?

Thanks for your reply in advance. :)

Characters get sick at each growth stage before evolving. I'm not sure what you mean by "how," but a skull appears to the right of their head and you would have to give them medicine (the last icon in the top row). If I remember correctly from the last time I ran a P2, the baby gets sick about 30-35 minutes after hatching. About half an hour later, the baby evolves into a toddler. I don't remember exactly when Tonmarutchi gets sick but it happens the day before evolving into a teen. Once your teen gets sick, this indicates that your P2 will evolve into an adult within 30 hours (so usually the next day after getting sick).

Thanks a lot. I have a P2, but I do not remember that the baby got sick though.

I don't own a P1, so I wouldn't have the foggiest idea. I'd suggest getting a P1 before making a simulator for it, or you could make a sim for a version you have. Oh yes, and I've been trying to find some good simulators for tamas, so please give me the link when it's complete.
I do agree with the person above. I think you should buy a P1 and run it first to see the difference. It will give you much better experience than just reading other people's logs :) Plus they are fun and so tiny compared to the connections! I bought one new off of ebay just a few years back for less than $10. You should be able to find a good deal if you search :)

Do you plan on making any simulators for the Android platform? I've been waiting for a good one to come out for a few years :/ The best I've found so far is an Angelgotchi simulator I downloaded through the phone browser :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I did buy a P2 not long ago, which is pretty much the same as a P1.

And no( :( ) I am not making an android port. The llanguage on a black and white calculator is a big deal different than on one of those modern OS's.

I do agree with the person above. I think you should buy a P1 and run it first to see the difference. It will give you much better experience than just reading other people's logs :) Plus they are fun and so tiny compared to the connections! I bought one new off of ebay just a few years back for less than $10. You should be able to find a good deal if you search :)

Do you plan on making any simulators for the Android platform? I've been waiting for a good one to come out for a few years :/ The best I've found so far is an Angelgotchi simulator I downloaded through the phone browser :)
I've been looking for an Angelgotchi simulator on Android for ages... would you mind telling me the URL where you got it?

I believe cmarie might be talking about the java version, which I guess works on android too.

I just went on google and searched angelgotchi.apk or tamagotchi.apk and then downloaded a couple until I found one that worked. You search in your phone's browser and then download the link to your phone. When I start it up it says "starting Midlet" and then it shows the bandai logo and then the tamagotchi angles comes up on screen. It's just like the gameboy type where you can choose time mode and tama vivid or pixel. Its cute and you can change the shell color as well. It only grows when you have the app open so that is a little annoying. I hope one day to find one that runs either in the background, or maybe even in a widget on screen. That would be neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back