V4.5 battery problems

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
My v4.5 is unusable due to the fact that the batteries only last about eight hours! I buy a brand new battery but it dies overnight. The battery that came with the Tamagotchi worked for a long time, but now the store-bought batteries don't last long at all. And they really are dead because I tested them in my other Tamagotchis and it had the flashing battery icon on the screen. The screen of my v4.5 is REALLY dark and I was thinking that would be the problem, but there is no contrast adjust for this version and I'm not sure how I will ever be able to use my v4.5 properly again! There is only one brand of Tamagotchi batteries here so I can't try different brands, so what should I do?

My v4.5 is unusable due to the fact that the batteries only last about eight hours! I buy a brand new battery but it dies overnight. The battery that came with the Tamagotchi worked for a long time, but now the store-bought batteries don't last long at all. And they really are dead because I tested them in my other Tamagotchis and it had the flashing battery icon on the screen. The screen of my v4.5 is REALLY dark and I was thinking that would be the problem, but there is no contrast adjust for this version and I'm not sure how I will ever be able to use my v4.5 properly again! There is only one brand of Tamagotchi batteries here so I can't try different brands, so what should I do?
Have you tried using "Duracell" batteries in it? (CR2032)

You may need to order batteries via eBay or Amazon or something.

Then you must have a glitchy Tama. I haven't heard of it happening in 4.5s, but it happened in V1s I know. And V3s...?

Are you purchasing these batteries all from the same store? Try a different store, maybe?

Packages of batteries can sit on a store shelf for years and slowly drain away their charge.

How fast do your other Tamas drain batteries? I use CR2032 in mine and they last for months.

you don't need to get a new V4.5....you just need to try every possible solution you can think of. either your tama has a terrible glitch or you need to try a different brand of batteries. i use maxell and they last for....a long time. xD no really, i kept one of their batteries in a paused tama for a year or something, and the battery still had quite a bit of life left when i unpaused it. don't give up just yet, there's still hope for your v4.5!

Well, I'm fairly certain there is a contrast thing somewhere on the 4.5

I want to say its where the clock is pushing one/two of the buttons. (But not the set clock combo) I remember reading it somewhere how to but I can't recall where. (Boo) It sounds like the contrast is set too high. That is part of your issue, another is probably the type of battery you have and the tama is picky about it.

No, you can't change the contrast on the 4.5; That was installed on the V5 and above.

I would say that if you're using NEW, good brand batteries, that your Tama has some kind of glitch...

Are the batteries that you're using new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back