Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

TamaTalk's logo: Which do you like better?

tamatalk logo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Poll: TamaTalk's logo (88 member(s) have cast votes)

Which TamaTalk logo would you like better for the forums?

1. I like the original logo (27 votes [30.68%])

Percentage of vote: 30.68%

2. I like the new logo from the entry page (61 votes [69.32%])

Percentage of vote: 69.32%

Vote

graficks

• graficks user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:26 PM ( #21 )

Hi everyone -

To give everyone a better idea of what the logo could look like, I've created a mockups below to illustrate a few options. Below you will see the type logo next to the current V3, the type logo beside an ID L with an updated Mimitchi, and a mockup of the logo in the floating menu bar.

My intention is not to sway people's views, but to shed more light on an important and meaningful aspect of TamaTalk. Hopefully this can give users a better idea of what the logo could look like if updated. On a side note, I've also designed the ID L graphic to incorporate the current animations that we see throughout the site.

Posted Image
  • Admin, joshnemo and kuromametchifan123 like this

+Mametchi+

• mametchi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:50 PM ( #22 )

I love the new design so much better. Especially the iD L (since mine's blue too :furawatchi: ). This logo says: This is a website that is moving forward!
I don't think we should forget the past tamagotchis, but it's not like they are dying or anything. Besides with all the commotion over iD Ls in the US
maybe Bandai America could see we want new things here too.

Tinkalila

• tinkalila user photo

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:41 PM ( #23 )

I had originally voted for the old logo, but then I saw how nice it looked with the iD L and I changed my mind. (And my vote :D) Although I'm pretty new to TamaTalk, I can tell that it's a pretty old site, and it might be about time to get a a fresh new logo to go with the new style for tamatalk, the entry page, and all the new tamagotchis coming out! In short, I'm not happy to see the old logo gone, but I like the new one better. (With the iD L :P)

Edited by Tinkalila, 07 February 2012 - 04:25 PM.

Orandatchi

• orandatchi user photo

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:27 PM ( #24 )

I vote for the new one! <3

joshnemo

• joshnemo user photo

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:53 PM ( #25 )

Hi everyone -

To give everyone a better idea of what the logo could look like, I've created a mockups below to illustrate a few options. Below you will see the type logo next to the current V3, the type logo beside an ID L with an updated Mimitchi, and a mockup of the logo in the floating menu bar.

My intention is not to sway people's views, but to shed more light on an important and meaningful aspect of TamaTalk. Hopefully this can give users a better idea of what the logo could look like if updated. On a side note, I've also designed the ID L graphic to incorporate the current animations that we see throughout the site.

Posted Image

Wow, that's beautiful! You've convinced me that a new and refurbished logo would be best for the future of this website! I think this needs to happen! :ichigotchi:

TicTax

• tictax user photo

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:28 PM ( #26 )

I LOVE THE NEW LOGO EVEN MORE NOW!This might be too much to ask but if we do pick the iDL one can we make newer animations for it =3?

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:36 PM ( #27 )

i dont wanna really share this opinion but...it looks a bitt "childish". SORRY IF I HURT ANYONES FEELINGS, IM EXTREMLY SORRY.So I think the ID L will look good with the OLD LOGO. Please understand my opinion-i hope i don't get in troubleeee....

It`s Teri

• its-teri user photo

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:23 AM ( #28 )

I LOVE THE NEW LOGO EVEN MORE NOW!!! It NEEDS to change!

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:58 AM ( #29 )

I don't think the site needs a change, but I have voted for the new logo. It's just something new and refreshing, and it accompanies the new welcome page nicely. I like how it's reminiscent of the Tamagotchi! logo, too. I also like the Blue iD L with the logo; it really brings the site into the present, much like the recent updates to the forum's software has. I feel it's not just a new logo, but a real symbolism of how TamaTalk is growing and changing. :)

To be honest, I don't even feel the logo is a major part of the site; it goes unnoticed by me on the most part. The actual forums are the main thing I believe, and if the new logo isn't a distracted from them, I don't see why change is such a bad idea. If nothing ever changed, we'd be living in quite an old world, aha.
  • joshnemo and kuromametchifan123 like this

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:38 AM ( #30 )

i dont wanna really share this opinion but...it looks a bitt "childish". SORRY IF I HURT ANYONES FEELINGS, IM EXTREMLY SORRY.So I think the ID L will look good with the OLD LOGO. Please understand my opinion-i hope i don't get in troubleeee....

Meanie...What makes it childish?

Anyway, I like the new logo but I think it should have Mametchi because he's the main character Mimitchi's, like, an ancient fossil an archaeologist discovers after removing a thin layer of sediment.. And it should have new, cute anime animations too! :)

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:47 AM ( #31 )

Anyway, I like the new logo but I think it should have Mametchi because he's the main character Mimitchi's, like, an ancient fossil an archaeologist discovers after removing a thin layer of sediment.. And it should have new, cute anime animations too! :)

I'm sorry if i hurt your feelings. But it looks really cool, and funky too! I don't really mind, i agree with Sam, the logo's not really that important

HippyFish

• hippyfish user photo

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:05 AM ( #32 )

I voted for the new design. I think not only does the site need some "sprucing" up (and the new logo could do just that), but also, when guests are browsing the site from Google and the like, this revamped look could also help to pull new members in as they seem more welcoming and inviting and also give of the appearance of the site being a fun and modern place.

I must applaud graficks on a job well done with designing these new logos, with an obvious intent of keeping the site looking spiffy and hip ;)

One suggestion or idea I had was with the Tamagotchi in the upper left corner. I'm not graphically literate and equally unaware of all the ins and outs, but I thought it would be fresh and renewing if the shell casing was ever changing in color (just as the animations sometimes change). Meaning, it would be pretty neat to be roaming around the site, going into different forums and every time a new page loads, the color of the tamagotchi changes as well. Hmmm, or even some shells with designs. I don't know if this is even possible, just a suggestion (what can I say, I like color ;) )

Edited by HippyFish, 08 February 2012 - 10:08 AM.

• graficks likes this

kuchipatchi.is.blue55

• kuchipatchiisblue55 user photo

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:21 AM ( #33 )

I respect your liking for mametchi and your suggestions, but I think we should keep mimitchi. Why? Because most of us have been around before the new logo, and we associate the old logo with mimitchi. If we change the logo, I'd like to keep some sort of element from the old one. Also, if you haven't noticed, when you go around tamatalk viewing all the topics and posting, you can sometimes see the mimitchi change from the old logo. E.g a pixelated version of mimitchi building a "back in 5 minutes" sign, mametchi throwing confetti around, and tarakotchi and mimitchi fighting for the spot on the screen.
  • kuromametchifan123 likes this

pokemonboy10

• pokemonboy10 user photo

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:33 PM ( #34 )

Agreed with chrispilot2293. Having a skin changer option would please everyone. People who like the old version and new. I like the old TamaTalk honestly. :)

Violetchilluvr3

• violetchilluvr3 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:33 PM ( #35 )

I think we should definately keep Mimitchi whether we change the logo or not.
Right now the main character is pretty much Lovelitchi, and although we're chaning, I think we should keep SOMETHING of the old; How does that rhyme go? Something old, something new, something something, something blue? I clearly don't know it. :furawatchi:

CheesyNoodleTama

• cheesynoodletama user photo

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:28 PM ( #36 )

I like both logos, but I voted for the old one. It's just sort of how I recognize the site. The idL does look nice though... I think it might look cool if we had the Mimitchi and idL but had the old lettering? Just my opinion. I agree with kutchipatchi.is.blue.55, I'd like to have a little bit of the old one still there if it does get changed.

Rainbow Dash

• rainbow-dash user photo

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:21 AM ( #37 )

Hi I'm new. :D I like the new one because it matches the new entrance page.

Edited by Rainbow Dash, 09 February 2012 - 07:58 AM.

chrispilot2293

• chrispilot2293 user photo

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:40 AM ( #38 )

I Think it would be nice to incorporate the new design into the site, but as i said before, allow a secondary skin with the old logo to be applyed by the user that has the old logo :) (For all the complainers)

Stefan Bauwens

• stefan-bauwens user photo
  • Group: Banned

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:47 AM ( #39 )

I know I'm not long here, but I do like the new logo. What if you change the logo on the top of the page, but not the logo in the userbar(whatever it's called) so people can have both?

Rainbow Dash

• rainbow-dash user photo

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:00 AM ( #40 )

I also like Mametchi alot. But I think that we should keep Mimitchi. :mimitchi:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tamatalk, logo