Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

TamaTalk's logo: Which do you like better?

tamatalk logo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Poll: TamaTalk's logo (88 member(s) have cast votes)

Which TamaTalk logo would you like better for the forums?

1. I like the original logo (27 votes [30.68%])

Percentage of vote: 30.68%

2. I like the new logo from the entry page (61 votes [69.32%])

Percentage of vote: 69.32%

Vote

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:35 AM ( #52 )

Alright. I think a fresh, new logo is exactly what TamaTalk needs - to be quite honest. The update on the entry page is attracting the right audience. Tamagotchi's are created for younger children. Ages 7 / 8 +. The logo we have now, while appealing, doesn't exactly define the cuteness, the energy, or the enthusiasm that Tamagotchi's have come to portray. Logo's are the first impression of a site, and most people looking for Tamagotchi information are probably ranging around 9 - 15 years old. Since that is the around the age where Tamagotchi's are more popular. Sure, we have younger children and older adults looking up information on Tamagotchi's, but the age range mentioned earlier is what Tamagotchi's are more geared towards. Therefor, by using the new logo, it shows people that we are a fun, cute, upbeat site. Which is what we are! Children may be put off by the logo, assuming that it's for older people - and won't even come to glance at TamaTalk, I remember that's what I did when I was younger. I had come across TamaTalk when I was in fourth or third grade, and I had seen the logo and assumed that it was for older people. However, I eventually went into the forums (when I was looking for information on Tamagotchi's a few months later) and was surprised to find such an age range of people ranging from 10 to 30! Seeing as how my initial assumption was that the site was more teenage +. So, I guess my point is that the newer logo wouldn't be attracting the wrong audience at all! In fact, we'd be bringing in the ages that the Tamagotchi's were intended for! Plus, many people are attracted to sites that not only are informative, but have a more updated logo, look, feel / layout. (:
That's just my two cents into the pool of opinions! haha (:

You're tempting me to delete my vote for the old logo..........I think i'm gonna, yes i am.

Im starting to agree with haleyhashats-children look at the lovely bright logo and say "wow" and when they actually come on they look at the real normal logo and they think its for older kids

(TM Edit: don't forget - instead of double posting, you can edit your replies for 24hrs afterward and change or add more text)

Edited by TamaMum, 13 February 2012 - 12:20 PM.
Double post merged

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:25 PM ( #53 )

I really want to thank everyone for voicing their opinions, concerns and suggestions on this... As of right now we have 46 votes cast. Please make sure to make your voice heard! I really do want to hear from everyone.

I know some of our recent changes haven't been popular with everyone... It is almost impossible for a change to appeal to EVERYONE. I do love to hear from people though and it makes a huge difference in the direction this community goes (and looks like). I promise you that I do not try to make changes to make people not want to come here/stay here/ I think TamaMum's post summed up why this community is so special. We have a great community and I want it to work and look the best it can.

Please voice your opinions. :)
  • joshnemo likes this

Stefan Bauwens

• stefan-bauwens user photo
  • Group: Banned

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:53 PM ( #54 )

Otherwise you can make it an option for every user to choose which theme he wants.

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:16 AM ( #55 )

Sorry, for double posting TamaMum.

In the earlier post, i mentioned that i changed my mind about the logo. There was one thing that I forgot to mention about, the tamagotchi. The ID L is brilliant, but i still think the V3 is better, due to the reason i mentioned in this post i quoted here:

It's a really hard desicion to make. If someone logs into the site and looks at the logo then they won't think it's a "V3". Other models look like that, it's just a plain Tamagotchi that brings back memories. If you put an ID L, people who join the site may forget those nice Connection versions. Everyone will keep getting ID L's and they'll forget about the American versions (well that could happen). Take me for example, I have a V4, Music Star, and a Tama Go. I log in to the site, and then i see a new tamagotchi on the Logo. I make a topic about it asking what tamagotchi it is. Then everyone will say "It's an ID L, they're really good, better than those silly connections". Then, I could get one and the word might keep spreading "Connections are bad, the ID L rocks!". I'm not saying other people don't have/want an ID L, but people might stop buying the Connection versions-thats all.

But, i think it would be nice if you add a bit of patterns or change the colour for the V3 like this tamagotchi

Posted Image
Hey that's the V3 i had, but i lost it :( (completely another sad story lol) Anyway, yes I would like it if you change the pattern/colour a bit.

Violetchilluvr3

• violetchilluvr3 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:55 AM ( #56 )

^
I know people have said this before, but the new logo says, "We're Tamatalk! We're updated, we're new, we're fresh, we're here to stay!" while the V3 says, "We're Tamatalk! We're not updated, we've been here for a while, and who knows when somone was last here..." (Sorry, I know that sounded offensive... :rolleyes: ) There are a lot of Tama sites that aren't active anymore, and the iD L says that Tamatalk is new and updated; It's alive, vibrant, and people are still here to stay.
  • chrispilot2293 and kuromametchifan123 like this

LittleChamametchi

• littlechamametchi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:03 PM ( #57 )

This is like the Facebook layout update issue. When everything changed, everybody hated it, criticized it and attempted to boycott it.
But nobody can boycott Facebook.
This is much the same for Tamatalk. Yes, people are used to the old logo + layout. But these are changing times and change in most instances are good. (Also, dude, it's just a logo)
Tamatalk needs to attract more members too! Not as many children are falling in love with tamagotchi anymore.
I like the new logo. It's cute, it's fresh and it's hip. Sure some will cry and moan about it for a few days but they're mature enough to accept things as it comes.
Oh and keep mimitchi :mimitchi:! She may be an old character but I will always remember her as the first character I saw when I opened my V1 on christmas morning. :)

Edited by LittleChamametchi, 14 February 2012 - 05:10 PM.

• kuromametchifan123 and emzz909 like this

kuchipatchi.is.blue55

• kuchipatchiisblue55 user photo

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:01 PM ( #58 )

ugh, peer pressure is getting to me. now i'm tempted to change my vote.

i kind of agree with that, we really don't want to attract the wrong audience. however, if kids are honest, parents might keep them from joining, because they need a registration form, right? i think we should mix the old and new logo, something that's simple, mature, and fun.

i think, yes, we should change the logo, but try something a bit simpler than the proposed new one. i love that one and i think it'll be great for the entrance page, but when i'm looking through the forums, i don't want a logo like that scrolling down with me and drawing my eye to it, so it takes more time for me to read through the topic. the new logo should be a bit more simple, but fresh and as Violetchilluvr3 said,

^
I know people have said this before, but the new logo says, "We're Tamatalk! We're updated, we're new, we're fresh, we're here to stay!" while the V3 says, "We're Tamatalk! We're not updated, we've been here for a while, and who knows when somone was last here..." (Sorry, I know that sounded offensive... :rolleyes: ) There are a lot of Tama sites that aren't active anymore, and the iD L says that Tamatalk is new and updated; It's alive, vibrant, and people are still here to stay.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:06 AM ( #59 )

Nooooooooooooooo! Now I can't decide! I prefer the new logo but Tamagotchi is changing so much that it's good to remember original versions like v3...I still play with my v2! But I have an idea--you know how Google Images changed? All you have to do is click a button at the bottom to change it back to the classic style! So have the new logo as the default but allow users to change it to the original theme whenever they want! ;) Then both people who say they'll leave when the logo changes AND the people who say the current logo is boring will be pleased. :)

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:20 PM ( #60 )

Just to address the suggestion o having both the old and new logo goes... Yes it is possible. For the sake of this poll, however, I'd like to approach it as if it was a change with no alternative.

Multiple skins can be a good thing but they also get to be a pain when it is time to upgrade the software since that usually involves me going through the skin to check everything. That being said, I am not opposed to doing it... I'd just rather people vote as if it was not going to happen. :)
  • tamaluver579 and tamatown123 like this

animetama54

• animetama54 user photo

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:07 PM ( #61 )

I love the new one. Very colorful~ The old one is sorta..... mehh.
My opinion.

Edited by animetama54, 15 February 2012 - 05:10 PM.

Astromeno

• astromeno user photo

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:46 PM ( #62 )

The new logo has really grown on me. At first, I thought it looked too "generic kid site"-like, but now I see what you guys mean by this fitting the Tamagotchi brand. I do think, though, that the font of the logo should be a little wilder, like the Japanese "Tamagotchi!" logo. A new skin with darker blues would probably fit the logo better than this skin, too.

(and does anyone else think we should consider using another Tamagotchi as our mascot instead of Mimitchi?)

wilsy

• wilsy user photo

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:48 PM ( #63 )

Hello TamaTalk,
I'm somewhat nervous as this will be my first post since 2008 (I don't know if any of you remember me) and, as I'm sure you are able to judge by my prose, I have matured a little since then - and, personally, I think Tama Talk, too, should mature.

The logo at the header of the page is old - iconic and nostalgic, indeed, but old - and is in dire need of revitalization in my humble opinion - preferably, the same type of the revitalization that the landing page underwent not too long ago

We are all aware of the abilities of TamaTalk's own "graphic-designer in residence", graphicks, and we've seen his talents put to good use on the landing page in particular, so I don't doubt that he will truly dazzle us with his new design for the main page header, however, on reading his post I've discovered he had raised a very important issue: brand-consistency.

What are new users going to think when they see a modern, pretty logo on the landing page and then are greeted on the board's pages with (trying not to offend the Admin) a very old and outdated "TAMA TALK" logo? Nothing pleasant, that's for sure! As an analogy, imagine seeing the pretty Apple logo outside of an Apple Store at your local mall, and then going in and seeing the old rainbow logo on all of the computers. Wouldn't that be ridiculous? You bet!

My vote goes to the introduction of the new logo, however on another note, it would be nice if it came complete with a new Tamagotchi accompanying it! The version 3 was current when the boards opened, and although many still play with theirs, it is now slightly outdated. Perhaps an update (V6 or ID-L?) would be appreciated?

And, finally, regarding the bar which is ubiquitous at the top of the page, I think that the logo should simply be removed altogether (considering the new one wouldn't fit). It might, however, be an idea to include a few Tamagotchi characters, such as Mametchi, Mimitchi, Memetchi and Kutchipatchi lined up where the logo currently is, however I believe removing imagery there in its entirety would be the best option, as it makes the bar more subtle.

Anyway, that's my two cents. Thank you for taking the time to read my post, and I hope my first post since 2008 contributed to remedying the issue significantly (and, yes, the word "remedying" is necessary - there is a problem in need of fixing).

Thanks, guys! :kuribotchi:

//Wilsy

Edited by wilsy, 17 February 2012 - 04:50 PM.

• Admin and joshnemo like this

kuchipatchi.is.blue55

• kuchipatchiisblue55 user photo

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:54 PM ( #64 )

And, finally, regarding the bar which is ubiquitous at the top of the page, I think that the logo should simply be removed altogether (considering the new one wouldn't fit). It might, however, be an idea to include a few Tamagotchi characters, such as Mametchi, Mimitchi, Memetchi and Kutchipatchi lined up where the logo currently is, however I believe removing imagery there in its entirety would be the best option, as it makes the bar more subtle.

Anyway, that's my two cents. Thank you for taking the time to read my post, and I hope my first post since 2008 contributed to remedying the issue significantly (and, yes, the word "remedying" is necessary - there is a problem in need of fixing).

Thanks, guys! :kuribotchi:

//Wilsy

the point of the bar on top is to save you having to scroll all the way up just to get to the home page, and have your PM box, notifs, profile, and other things lined up for easy access. if we got rid of the logo at the top (which provides a shortcut to the home page), then we'd be missing a crucial piece to the bar on top. also, i personally think having images or something too colourful or flashy will be distracting as you read various topics and forums.

Violetchilluvr3

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:48 PM ( #65 )

Well yes, but Wily raises a good point. If we use the new logo (Which I think we should), then it wouldn't fit, so we would need to replace it with something else.

kuromametchifan123

• kuromametchifan123 user photo

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:06 PM ( #66 )

Hi everyone -
To give everyone a better idea of what the logo could look like, I've created a mockups below to illustrate a few options.
Posted Image

Actually, I don't think the bar at the top would be a problem with the new logo. Graficks made picture of what it might look like in the little bar at the top, I like it. :)

Violetchilluvr3

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:51 PM ( #67 )

Didn't even see that! It does look good there. :) I like the iD L better than the V3; Isn't that what we're going for- that Tamatalk is still updated?

haleyhashats

• haleyhashats user photo

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:34 AM ( #68 )

Wilsy: I agree wholeheartedly. And no worries, I'm sure your post has proved your new maturity and helped to bring some final decisions upon the issue. (:

--------------------------

I didn't even notice those mock-up pictures! I think they look quite nice, to be honest.

This post is really short, I'm sorry. I'm sick right now and it's coming on one am. A sick person shouldn't be up right now, but I am. I wanted to fit in a post anyways.

I don't think the bar at the top would be a problem, I think that everyone thought it would be a problem because the title page logo was like

TAMA
TALK

on top of each other, and not like TAMATALK, side by side. However, graphicks has proved to us that he was able to get the logo to fit. (:

I still support the new logo. (:

Well, I'm off for bed, good night everyone! My original & more detailed post on this issue is on page three. (:

*Edit: I reread this and just realized how bad I am at writing when I'm tired & when I'm sick. This post makes very little sense. Ha ha. Sorry about that! Hence why I included the bit about my original post, since I sound more sane in that post. (:

Edited by haleyhashats, 18 February 2012 - 01:35 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tamatalk, logo