Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

TamaTalk's logo: Which do you like better?

tamatalk logo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Poll: TamaTalk's logo (88 member(s) have cast votes)

Which TamaTalk logo would you like better for the forums?

1. I like the original logo (27 votes [30.68%])

Percentage of vote: 30.68%

2. I like the new logo from the entry page (61 votes [69.32%])

Percentage of vote: 69.32%

Vote

Tinkalila

• tinkalila user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:06 PM ( #81 )

So far the votes are almost 2 to 1 in favor of moving to the new logo... Please make sure to share your opinions as soon as possible because I'd love to have us make a decision soon.

Just a thought regarding the tama included in the logo... What if we used a generic tama instead of an acgtual photo of one? By generic I mean more of a graphic featuring an egg shaped outline with a square screen and three buttons below the screen. It could make it more timeless (unless the whole design changes) and applies to both original and newest designs at the same time. Thoughts?

If we were to use the new logo (Which I'm pretty sure is going to happen) I would want to use the iD L. It looks so nice along side the new logo. I know this might make very little sense, but I like the idea of knowing what version it is. Having it be an egg shape with a square screen and three buttons doesn't give me the impression of a tamagotchi, but more of just any V-Pet.

chrispilot2293

• chrispilot2293 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:18 PM ( #82 )

Having it be an egg shape with a square screen and three buttons doesn't give me the impression of a tamagotchi, but more of just any V-Pet.

Agreed

chrispilot2293

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:21 PM ( #83 )

so has a final decision been made?

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:58 PM ( #84 )

Nothing "official" yet... Though the voting has stayed at about 2 to 1 in favor of the change. I am looking at how this can be done in a way that tries to keep everyone happy. :)

Stay tuned for updates on this!

chrispilot2293

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:27 PM ( #85 )

cool!
:D

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:12 AM ( #86 )

Yeah, I've decided the new, iD L logo would be the best!
But Mimitchi :mimitchi: isn't even ON the iD L so someone like Mametchi :newmametchi: would be better...

I was thinking we could use the 15th Anniversary iD L because it's a wonderful milestone in Tamagotchi history (and has Mimitchi :P) but it only comes in pink and purple and they're too girly sooooo...
NEW LOGO IT IS! It would be even better if it had this guy: :newmametchi:
A lot of people think Mimitchi is the first character but she was NOT on the very first Tamagotchi as far as I'm concerned. Please, pretty please, use Mametchi?

And I was thinking the new animations could have newer characters like Chamametchi and Kuromametchi. It's time for an update, everyone! ;) Pyonchitchi and Young Mimitchi are ancient. :P

Violetchilluvr3

• violetchilluvr3 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:11 AM ( #87 )

Well even if they are ancient it reminds everyone how Tamatalk got here. It may be here, now, in the time of iD Ls and Maisutatchi and Giragiratchi, but I think we should have SOME reminder of where Tamas came from. I agree with the fact that Tamatalk should looks more updated- there's not a newer Tama than the iD L (series)- but let's not forget about Tamatalk's history- who included Mimitchi, as she used to be the lead Tama.
If we were to use the main Tama from right now we may as well use Lovelitchi anyways- who I would not like to see up there. (IMO she's waaay too overpopular)

dazzilitchigirl

• dazzilitchigirl user photo

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:35 AM ( #88 )

But Mimitchi :mimitchi: isn't even ON the iD L so someone like Mametchi :newmametchi: would be better...

I was thinking we could use the 15th Anniversary iD L because it's a wonderful milestone in Tamagotchi history (and has Mimitchi :P) but it only comes in pink and purple and they're too girly sooooo...
A lot of people think Mimitchi is the first character but she was NOT on the very first Tamagotchi as far as I'm concerned. Please, pretty please, use Mametchi?

And I was thinking the new animations could have newer characters like Chamametchi and Kuromametchi. It's time for an update, everyone! ;) Pyonchitchi and Young Mimitchi are ancient. :P

I don't hate Mametchi anymore, lol, but I still think Mimitchi would be best even though I actually prefer Mametchi.

I still think we should keep the current logo - we haven't just got ourselves to think about, or I'd be agreeing with you - we need to think about what kind of audience we want to attract. TamaTalk, although for all ages, is really targeted at ages 10-30, and the new logo (which is also the starting page) will attract very young children. As I think I said before, I have nothing against very young children - after all I was one not so long ago - but TamaTalk is not the place for them, it creates chaos for both the child and the other forum members. First impressions, like the logo, mean a lot, and a Mametchi jumping out of an iD L with TamaTalk in bubble writing is just...cartoon-ish and it looks like it's for young children when TamaTalk is NOT. I know I resent all the stuff about this and that being babyish as much as all of you do, but we're talking about first impressions - new people to TamaTalk - NOT US. We will stay on TamaTalk no matter what the logo is, it's about the audience we attract. Really, have you guys ever been on the Moshi Monsters forums? They're complete chaos, I even found lots of swearing there once! We don't want TamaTalk to degenarate into that. And the new logo, along with some other changes, is leading us right down that path.

I hope nobody took offence at that.

~ Dazzmina ~

graficks

• graficks user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:33 PM ( #89 )

Even though no official decision has been made yet, Admin and I are working on a great solution to appease all members of TamaTalk. If successful, I think everyone (and I mean everyone) will be very happy with the results. Hopefully we can implement the changes sooner than later :)

Naturally I would like everyone to enjoy the artwork I've created for TamaTalk, but in the world of design that doesn't always happen - and that's ok! I want to reassure everyone that all TamaTalk artwork - from the staff and angelgotchi badges to the TamaTalk intro page and potential new logo - is done with a great deal of respect, research and testing for current and new members of this site. Hence one of the reasons why we are having this discussion. I want to point out again that I work as a graphic designer full-time and have been doing so for quite some time. While I appreciate all input, I want to remind everyone that I have a lot of experience in research, development and demographic testing when it comes to implementing graphics for websites, print material, branding - you name it!

With that said, I want this to be a positive experience for everyone. TamaTalk is moderated very well and I can reassure that modifying artwork to a website is not going cause any type of chaos or degeneration of site member behaviour. Heck, TamaTalk's artwork has changed many times before and we're still here strong and positive as always. :) Please keep in mind that first impressions are based on an individual basis and are usually subjective to yourself. We cannot assume that everyone feels the same way. We must respect that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to generalize that opinion on to a larger demographic. The intention to change the logo is a simple one: to create a better community. Most members, including myself, do not create things (like stories, logs, helpful tips, questions, etc) for malicious reasons, we do it because we want to improve TamaTalk. Consider my graphics work my contribution to the improvement of this site.

Stay tuned for updates.
  • joshnemo, SamJJE101, kuromametchifan123 and 2 others like this

Ribonitchi

• ribonitchi user photo

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:59 PM ( #90 )

haha omg my user name is over there LOL
im hype
xD i love the NEW desigh

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:55 AM ( #91 )

I don't think the new logo design is "Childish". I think it just looks more attractive. If I remember correctly, a few months ago when I wasn't a member, I found the gateway page quite boring. But when I came back later and it had Mametchi and rainbows and colorful graphics, I LOVED IT!!! Just because something isn't boring it doesn't mean it's for little kids. :)

Amber-Cakes

• amber-cakes user photo

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:12 PM ( #92 )

i love the new entry page. I can hardly remember the old one, since it was like almost a year before i came back like a month ago, but i remember thinking "man that is a nice front page!". However i was slightly dissapointed to see the forum it's self still had the same design. An updated forum and logo change would be very refreshing!

oh and i'd like to add that i don't think the logo and front page art looks childish.
No more childish than a tamagotchi it's self.

I love cutesy rainbowy colored things! it's not even THAT girly. If it was up to me it'd be pink and sparkly. lol.
I mean i might be biased since i have a very specific taste for stuff like that but i'd just like to say i'm 20 and i love the art, style, colors, and logo.

Edited by Amber-Cakes, 06 March 2012 - 07:16 PM.

Tinkalila

• tinkalila user photo

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:26 PM ( #93 )

If we're going to get this new logo, I think we 'ought to stick with something from the past too. It's not supposed to be exactly like the iD L, it's just a logo. I think your opinion is a little biased because your favorite character is Mametchi. I definitly think Mimitchi should stay. But that's only my opinion.

Amber-Cakes

• amber-cakes user photo

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:43 PM ( #94 )

If we're going to get this new logo, I think we 'ought to stick with something from the past too. It's not supposed to be exactly like the iD L, it's just a logo. I think your opinion is a little biased because your favorite character is Mametchi. I definitly think Mimitchi should stay. But that's only my opinion.

i think mimitchi should stay too. like you said to keep something from the past.
It might be cool if some of the art like the front page or what ever other new art they plan to incorporate had something that showed both new and old tamas and characters.

boomtama

• boomtama user photo

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:41 PM ( #95 )

i prefer the new logo (i don't have any other to choose from)

kuchipatchi.is.blue55

• kuchipatchiisblue55 user photo

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:03 PM ( #96 )

Mimitchi needs to stay. She's one of the most iconic characters. If we were to change the logo, the new one that graficks has proposed should be the one.
I still like the old one though, and I think it'd be nice to spruce up the lettering a bit! Maybe make it blue and put it into a more exciting font.

Purimatchi!

• purimatchi user photo

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:31 PM ( #97 )

In my opinion I like them both but the New one Looks much more nicer more cartoonish like Tamagotchi I think it fits really well with the anime series' logo also.
I like the old one but it just seems fairly plain. Not that palin is bad it's just that it should have a color to it noth same as the background. it looks too Office like and really adult like.

I'll vote for the new one!
and Mimitchi would look good around it.
Like y'all have right now where it changes to Mametchi then Pyonchtchi etc.i think that is a nice touch!

Also I'd like to put the option out there that maybe you could create a Different skin for the New logo and then have the members change it to what they want at the bottom of the page like other forums do.
Ya know?

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:11 AM ( #98 )

O_O

Mametchi! He's the main character now. Maybe not in Japan, but think! Can you play as Mimitchi in the corner shop games? No. Is Mimitchi even actually a CHARACTER in the movie and anime? No! Was there a Tama-Go with a Mimitchi figure? NOOOOOOOOOOO! :)

chrispilot2293

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:21 AM ( #99 )

O_O

Mametchi! He's the main character now. Maybe not in Japan, but think! Can you play as Mimitchi in the corner shop games? No. Is Mimitchi even actually a CHARACTER in the movie and anime? No! Was there a Tama-Go with a Mimitchi figure? NOOOOOOOOOOO! :)

actually, Mimitchi was in the movie, AND the anime, but thats not the point, Mimitchi may not be a "popular" as Mametchi, but Mimitchi has that "legacy" Tamagotchi feel, that all the people that have been fans since god knows when have come to love ;)

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:48 AM ( #100 )

Sigh...I can think of three good reasons why Mametchi should be in the logo.
  • He is a boy. Mimitchi is a girl, so it makes this site seem more for girls.
  • Mametchi is recognizable as a Tamagotchi, but Mimitchi could easily pass for some random rabbit.
  • It looks weird to have an ancient fossil in a nice, new Tamagotchi version.

But I see that I'm the only person who feels this way. Oh well...If it has to be Mimitchi, please have lots of animations with...um...characters that aren't artefacts, like MAMETCHI!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tamatalk, logo