Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

TamaTalk's logo: Which do you like better?

tamatalk logo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Poll: TamaTalk's logo (88 member(s) have cast votes)

Which TamaTalk logo would you like better for the forums?

1. I like the original logo (27 votes [30.68%])

Percentage of vote: 30.68%

2. I like the new logo from the entry page (61 votes [69.32%])

Percentage of vote: 69.32%

Vote

kuchipatchi.is.blue55

• kuchipatchiisblue55 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:56 AM ( #101 )

Sigh...I can think of three good reasons why Mametchi should be in the logo.

• He is a boy. Mimitchi is a girl, so it makes this site seem more for girls.
  • Mametchi is recognizable as a Tamagotchi, but Mimitchi could easily pass for some random rabbit.
  • It looks weird to have an ancient fossil in a nice, new Tamagotchi version.
But I see that I'm the only person who feels this way. Oh well...If it has to be Mimitchi, please have lots of animations with...um...characters that aren't artefacts, like MAMETCHI!

EMF, we all respect your liking of certain characters, but have you thought about why mametchi is easily liked? Because he is cute. You know, the big anime eyes, small, big, cute ears, the works. That's why I think if we change the logo, and we change mimitchi to mametchi, then the site will actually look girlier.
Mimitchi is not an artifact. She is a classic tamagotchi character who is on the 15th anniversary iD L, as well as previous tamagotchi versions.
That being said (I hope I wasn't too harsh) I love your idea with all the animations of different characters! Even though we do have different animations, there should be some different ones with newer and older characters so that we show that we're not only focusing on new, popular characters.
  • joshnemo, kuromametchifan123 and Orandatchi like this

kuchitama001

• kuchitama001 user photo

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:57 AM ( #102 )

Well personally, I think that the old logo would be more suited, I use this site, rather a lot, and I have gotten to recognise the old logo as a kind of, symbol of TamaTalk, although a new breath of fresh air is needed... I would keep the Mimitchi logo and the words TAMATALK the same but would change the ACTUAL shell Mimitchi resides in! Maybe a connection still... But a v6 or v5, you know and updated one, as the v3 is getting past sooo.... Minor changes :)

Violetchilluvr3

• violetchilluvr3 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:49 AM ( #103 )

I definately wouldn't call Mimitchi an 'artifact'.
She's on the newest release in Japan, the 15th Anniversary iD L.
As I've said, yes, Mametchi is still big on the anime, but it seems that Lovelitchi or Himespetchi (in the future) is bigger.

haleyhashats

• haleyhashats user photo

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:48 AM ( #104 )

In my opinion, I think Mimitchi needs to stay. Also, if people mistake Mimitchi for a rabbit, they may also mistake Mametchi for some bear-like animal. Anyways, I like the idea of the animations. If we do do that, the animations, we could use multiple characters. Seeing as how the animations would be showing different characters, correct? I may have misinterpreted the whole animations idea, but that was my thought process: that we would be able to see multiple characters on the Tamagotchi screen/etc.

+Mametchi+

• mametchi user photo

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:46 AM ( #105 )

I actually agree with eternalmametchifan, Mametchi is really cute and yeah he IS a boy so how is that girlier? Mimitchi is just as cute. But anyways... How long is this poll going to last??? We already saw that more people want the new logo.

joshnemo

• joshnemo user photo

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:48 PM ( #106 )

Sigh...I can think of three good reasons why Mametchi should be in the logo.

• He is a boy. Mimitchi is a girl, so it makes this site seem more for girls.
  • Mametchi is recognizable as a Tamagotchi, but Mimitchi could easily pass for some random rabbit.
  • It looks weird to have an ancient fossil in a nice, new Tamagotchi version.
But I see that I'm the only person who feels this way. Oh well...If it has to be Mimitchi, please have lots of animations with...um...characters that aren't artefacts, like MAMETCHI!

I disagree.
  • I don't think any viewers/members of this website would feel discriminated against or simply leave due to the character's gender. Besides, if we were to change Mimitchi to Mametchi, what about the female users? Also, we have a blue theme, so all-in-all everything appears to be gender-neutral.
  • Not necessarily. Mimitchi is stored inside a blue shell with three white buttons with the words "Tama Talk" in big font located next to it, so I don't think anybody will pass it off as a non-Tamagotchi figure. :lol:
  • You could say that, but Mimitchi has been apart of this forum for a very long time. He is, what they say, the face of TamaTalk. Without him, this website wouldn't be as recognisable. Not to mention, if you look at the banner for "Tamagotchi Top Sites", Mimitchi is there also!

• booboo1 likes this

kuchipatchi.is.blue55

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:55 PM ( #107 )

I actually agree with eternalmametchifan, Mametchi is really cute and yeah he IS a boy so how is that girlier? Mimitchi is just as cute. But anyways... How long is this poll going to last??? We already saw that more people want the new logo.

remember, mametchi can be a girl on the V3! the anime and shows make him out to be a boy, and since then i think mametchi has become strictly a boy character.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:19 AM ( #108 )

Okay, it can be Mimitchi. :( But I won't like it :P But if I remember correctly, there used to be a picture of Mametchi using a computer at the top of the screen. What happened to that?

kuromametchifan123

• kuromametchifan123 user photo

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:36 PM ( #109 )

But if I remember correctly, there used to be a picture of Mametchi using a computer at the top of the screen. What happened to that?

I think you're mixing up the entry page (Which is now blue with the iD-L) that you see before you get to the forum. Before we got our new one (Which I love by the way, it looks great graficks!) It used to be a picture of a Music Star with "Welcome to Tama Talk!" surrounding it along with Tamagotchi characters. Below that, there was a button that said "Click to enter the forums" with Mametchi and Memetchi on computers on either side. :)

Edited by kuromametchifan123, 18 March 2012 - 12:37 PM.

graficks

• graficks user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:36 AM ( #110 )

Hey everyone,

I can see that this conversation is getting a tad off-topic, but nevertheless it's good to shoot ideas back and forth - I just want to try to steer everyone back in the right direction! As it stands right now, the logo mockup that was proposed earlier in this thread would be similar to the logo introduced if Admin and TT staff decide to do so. We all have opinions what we think is best and everyone is entitled to those opinions, but when it comes to art (in this case, the TT logo) everyone has a subjective view and it is extremely difficult to design something that everyone will love to their particular tastes. So as it stands right now, I think it would be a good idea to vote and discuss which TamaTalk logo you like better - back to the original reason this topic was created.

As I said earlier in this thread, Admin and I are working on a solution that should please all TamaTalkers. Your patience and input are so greatly appreciated! :hitodetchi:
  • Admin, TamaMum, joshnemo and 5 others like this

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:40 PM ( #111 )

Could it be added in as a skin? Those who wish to keep the v3 can, those who want the IDL can have the new one.

Have a few simple pictures inside whatever tamagotchi is chosen. (Skin or current) Maybe Mimitchi with Kutchiptchi... Memetchi with Mametchi... stuff like that. Just random tamas doing random things. Just a pair so everyone can atleast see some more of their favorite tamas. Then maybe sprinkle in some of the newer ones. On a randomizer or something similar.

Many people still love the older p1/p2 characters... they aren't fossils. They are Roots that allow the flower to grow and expand. Think of it that way... you wouldn't have some of the characters you currently like if it wasn't for the roots.

I hope this helps....

joshnemo

• joshnemo user photo

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:53 PM ( #112 )

Hey everyone,

I can see that this conversation is getting a tad off-topic, but nevertheless it's good to shoot ideas back and forth - I just want to try to steer everyone back in the right direction! As it stands right now, the logo mockup that was proposed earlier in this thread would be similar to the logo introduced if Admin and TT staff decide to do so. We all have opinions what we think is best and everyone is entitled to those opinions, but when it comes to art (in this case, the TT logo) everyone has a subjective view and it is extremely difficult to design something that everyone will love to their particular tastes. So as it stands right now, I think it would be a good idea to vote and discuss which TamaTalk logo you like better - back to the original reason this topic was created.

As I said earlier in this thread, Admin and I are working on a solution that should please all TamaTalkers. Your patience and input are so greatly appreciated! :hitodetchi:

Okay then, well as I've written before, you and Admin certainly have my support for a new refurbished logo! As a community, we must keep moving forward. :blink:

EDIT: Quickly editing in Grafick's logo, I think it'd look much more better!

Posted Image

Edited by joshnemo, 20 March 2012 - 12:05 AM.

• chrispilot2293 likes this

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:19 AM ( #113 )

Oops. This off-topic business is my fault. Sorry. XP

Anyway, I love how that new logo looks! But will there still be any animations...at all? I think the new logo is just the thing to spruce up this site. And don't think it will just attract little children; there are many people under 10 here even though there is a so-called less childish logo. I mean, ANYONE could make a logo that simple. The new one is impressive!

MagicMimitchi

• magicmimitchi user photo

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:43 PM ( #114 )

As a fellow graphic designer and one who went to/graduated school to study design, I admire the process that Graficks has gone through to revamp the TamaTalk logo. I personally love the new design. Just by changing the typeface it makes the logo much more lively, dynamic and fun to look at. While the old logo's typeface is static, rigid and somewhat plain IMO. I see nothing wrong with the old logo. I can see why fellow board members would want to keep it around. The V3 is nostalgic to the older Tamagotchis that we have all grown to love, as well as the appearance of Mimitchi at its center square.

To quote Wikipedia,

Logo design is an important area of graphic design, and one of the most difficult to perfect. The logo (ideogram), is the image embodying an organization. Because logos are meant to represent companies' brands or corporate identities and foster their immediate customer recognition, it is counterproductive to frequently redesign logos.

But keep in mind what Graficks is trying to do here. He want's us to remember the old design, not totally forget about it. He brings elements of the old design into the new TamaTalk logo. Blue is still used as the primary color. The egg shape Tamagotchi and Mimitchi are still at the core of the design. The typeface has changed, but I think it's for the better. In our modern world everything is constantly changing and evolving. Tamagotchis evolve. Why not the TamaTalk logo as well? :mimitchi:

Edited by MagicMimitchi, 22 March 2012 - 07:51 PM.

• joshnemo, booboo1 and kuromametchifan123 like this

Orandatchi

• orandatchi user photo

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:21 PM ( #115 )

Mimitchi was the mascot ever since TT opened, why would we want to change the mascot into a different character that isn't the mascot, but of Tamagotchi? :huh: That's why I was confused of the gateway page. -_-

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:30 AM ( #116 )

The new logo has almost 60 votes! I made my own TamaTalk logo on my computer and even THAT looks better than the current plain one. If new people come here and see the unimpressive logo they might think this site is unsuccessful and amateur-ish or something... I highly doubt the votes for the old logo will suddenly triple. :)

joshnemo

• joshnemo user photo

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:27 PM ( #117 )

The new logo has almost 60 votes! I made my own TamaTalk logo on my computer and even THAT looks better than the current plain one. If new people come here and see the unimpressive logo they might think this site is unsuccessful and amateur-ish or something... I highly doubt the votes for the old logo will suddenly triple. :)

Not at all, this website looks very well established! When I first registered here back in 2006, it wasn't because of the logo. It was because of the amount of topics and the interesting comments people wrote. ^_^
  • TamaMum and kuromametchifan123 like this

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:52 AM ( #118 )

... If new people come here and see the unimpressive logo they might think this site is unsuccessful and amateur-ish or something... I highly doubt the votes for the old logo will suddenly triple. :)

I can't agree with your opinion that the old (iconic) logo of TamaTalk is unimpressive... it has been a part of the site for a lot of years and with 89,479 site members so far (at the moment of this reply), it proves that there is no bad effect on drawing new members to join.
You joined, after all and I'll bet it wasn't "despite the logo" but because you actually liked the site and you saw a tamagotchi visual that you recognise and are comfortable with - doesn't have to be your all time favorite. :P

"Unsuccessful and amateur-ish" are definitely NOT the kinds of words I would use to describe this site - even if I saw the home page for the first time with the existing logo.

I understand that you want the new logo to be used, but really... a lot of the counter arguments you are making against the old logo and about the site are unfounded and unrealistic - and some of them are actually rather insulting tbh ;)
The statistics prove that TamaTalk is one of the most successful and long running Tamagotchi fan sites on the 'net. How many Tama sites do you know that have been going for almost 8 years with an average of over 11,000 members joining a year - sites that are still around and still have members joining every day of the week?

I agree with you that it seems unlikely that votes for the old logo will suddenly triple overnight... but don't you think it's more important that Admin gave us a chance to "have our say" (and not necessarily "have our way") ??

It's a courtesy that Admin has involved everyone in this and it's more important to be involved in the decision making process than to "win" the discussion ;)
  • joshnemo, booboo1, kuchipatchi.is.blue55 and 3 others like this

kuchipatchi.is.blue55

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:52 PM ( #119 )

I can't agree with your opinion that the old (iconic) logo of TamaTalk is unimpressive... it has been a part of the site for a lot of years and with 89,479 site members so far (at the moment of this reply), it proves that there is no bad effect on drawing new members to join.
You joined, after all and I'll bet it wasn't "despite the logo" but because you actually liked the site and you saw a tamagotchi visual that you recognise and are comfortable with - doesn't have to be your all time favorite. :P

"Unsuccessful and amateur-ish" are definitely NOT the kinds of words I would use to describe this site - even if I saw the home page for the first time with the existing logo.

I understand that you want the new logo to be used, but really... a lot of the counter arguments you are making against the old logo and about the site are unfounded and unrealistic - and some of them are actually rather insulting tbh ;)
The statistics prove that TamaTalk is one of the most successful and long running Tamagotchi fan sites on the 'net. How many Tama sites do you know that have been going for almost 8 years with an average of over 11,000 members joining a year - sites that are still around and still have members joining every day of the week?

I agree with you that it seems unlikely that votes for the old logo will suddenly triple overnight... but don't you think it's more important that Admin gave us a chance to "have our say" (and not necessarily "have our way") ??

It's a courtesy that Admin has involved everyone in this and it's more important to be involved in the decision making process than to "win" the discussion ;)

exactly. honestly, i don't really care either way. i understand why some people want to keep the old logo, and why some people want to change the logo to the new one. really, i think it's the tamagotchi oriented discussion that attracts members, or other things such as chat and the role play section. we do have some members that don't talk at all about tamagotchi but still log on regularly. the logo could be one thing that attracts new members, but i think it's really our community and our forums that have a part in attracting people as well. i think the new logo would make more sense, seeing as the entrance page uses the iD L, but i'm rather attached to the old one, since it's kind of nostalgic and reminds me of my first tamagotchi, a V3. to me, either logo will work, because our community and forums play a part in what makes TamaTalk a busy place.

Mayachan

• mayachan user photo

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:25 AM ( #120 )

I love the new logo. The entry page is so colorful! I'd like to see a forums redesign to match the entry page, but since you are just asking about the logo, I prefer the new one :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tamatalk, logo