Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

TamaTalk's logo: Which do you like better?

tamatalk logo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Poll: TamaTalk's logo (88 member(s) have cast votes)

Which TamaTalk logo would you like better for the forums?

1. I like the original logo (27 votes [30.68%])

Percentage of vote: 30.68%

2. I like the new logo from the entry page (61 votes [69.32%])

Percentage of vote: 69.32%

Vote

kuchipatchi.is.blue55

• kuchipatchiisblue55 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:12 AM ( #121 )

Maybe we could update the logo a bit, make it an iD or something, then have animations of different characters playing with newer and older versions of tamas, or something.

Runner

• runner user photo

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:30 PM ( #122 )

To be honest, I really want to keep teh old logo. It's the last reminder of the time when Tamatalk was super crowded and teeming with members back during 06-07, since practically everything else is different now, from the forum formats to the posting boxes to the chat to everything else. The only other thing that's really stayed the same would be the skin, but I don't know. The logo tends to stand out more.

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:12 AM ( #123 )

As Graficks has mentioned before, we have plans to both update the logo (since the votes are 2 to 1 in favor of the change) as well as preserve the current logo for those who want it. When will this all happen? There is a software update I am working on. Once that update is complete the logo update will be rolled out. I think the plan we have will make everyone happy since you will be able to have the logo you prefer. :)

And, don't worry, the software update I mentioned isn't a huge change like the last one... Just some refining of the current tools we have. No major changes will be noticeable :)
  • joshnemo and kuromametchifan123 like this

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:17 AM ( #124 )

I can't agree with your opinion that the old (iconic) logo of TamaTalk is unimpressive... it has been a part of the site for a lot of years and with 89,479 site members so far (at the moment of this reply), it proves that there is no bad effect on drawing new members to join.  
You joined, after all and I'll bet it wasn't "despite the logo" but because you actually liked the site and you saw a tamagotchi visual that you recognise and are comfortable with - doesn't have to be your all time favorite. :P

"Unsuccessful and amateur-ish" are definitely NOT the kinds of words I would use to describe this site - even if I saw the home page for the first time with the existing logo.

I understand that you want the new logo to be used, but really... a lot of the counter arguments you are making against the old logo and about the site are unfounded and unrealistic - and some of them are actually rather insulting tbh ;)
The statistics prove that TamaTalk is one of the most successful and long running Tamagotchi fan sites on the 'net.  How many Tama sites do you know that have been going for almost 8 years with an average of over 11,000 members joining a year -  sites that are still around and still have members joining every day of the week?

I agree with you that it seems unlikely that votes for the old logo will suddenly triple overnight... but don't you think it's more important that Admin gave us a chance to "have our say" (and not necessarily "have our way") ??

It's a courtesy that Admin has involved everyone in this and it's more important to be involved in the decision making process than to "win" the discussion ;)

... :(

larigotchi

• larigotchi user photo

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:55 AM ( #125 )

I like the new one. But then again, I'm a new member and I'm not attached to the old one like older members might be. I think it's more eye-catching and well-designed than the old one. But that's just my opinion. :)

superchamagirl

• superchamagirl user photo

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:01 PM ( #126 )

The new one is really snazzy, but the old logo feels like home :)

ayan300

• ayan300 user photo

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:52 PM ( #127 )

I prefer the new one. Maybe it's because I'm not that attached to the old one ( I don't even know what the old one looks like!).

kuchipatchi.is.blue55

• kuchipatchiisblue55 user photo

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:37 AM ( #128 )

I prefer the new one. Maybe it's because I'm not that attached to the old one ( I don't even know what the old one looks like!).

The old one is our current logo....
  • Violetchilluvr3 likes this

Tinkalila

• tinkalila user photo

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:32 AM ( #129 )

Yeah, the old one is the V3 at the top of the screen right now. The new one is the iD L graficks showed us.

emzz909

• emzz909 user photo

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:23 PM ( #130 )

I cant see the pictures graficks!

emzz909

• emzz909 user photo

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:48 PM ( #131 )

First of all, I would like to thank graficks for everything he has done to help TamaTalk. Thank you. :)

I am on the new logo side. By having the hip, funky, colorful logo, TamaTalk would appeal to younger audiences, and may even get some older audiences, and, that is want we want, no? So by doing this, not only are we updating TamaTalk, but we are also helping it.
I know you guys want to have the old one and you are used to it, but getting an update would make it easier to browse through TamaTalk. Well, yes, some people are used to this one and can browse very easily, but you will too get used to the new one if we update the site.

Peace,
~Emilson

.chasm.

• chasm user photo

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:58 PM ( #132 )

Well, yes, some people are used to this one and can browse very easily, but you will too get used to the new one if we update the site.

It's not so much about being used to it, it's about having an attachment to the old logo and it being a rememinder of years ago on TT

Edited by .chasm., 10 April 2012 - 11:58 PM.

emzz909

• emzz909 user photo

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:31 AM ( #133 )

Yes I know that, it will be sad, but we are mature, as some member recalled, and we can move on.

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:09 AM ( #134 )

Yes I know that, it will be sad, but we are mature, as some member recalled, and we can move on.

LOL - this whole topic is about being asked which logo we prefer and answering the question - you make it sound like we need to "move on" from a problem :P

Anyway - Admin already posted that they're working on a logo option for both preferences. Here's the post in case anyone missed it: http://www.tamatalk....ost__p__3155124

emzz909

• emzz909 user photo

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:19 AM ( #135 )

LOL! I sound so dramatic! Haha! Oh and sorry I didn't see that.

Bye
Emilson

dazzilitchigirl

• dazzilitchigirl user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:42 PM ( #136 )

Well...I think that neither logo is either girly or boyish. Imagine how much some of us would complain if the logo was, say, Spacytchi or Lovelitchi! Or if the Tama the character was shown in was, say, bright pink! There are a lot worse options than Mametchi or Mimitchi. To be completely honest, when I first discovered Tamagotchi, I thought Mimitchi was a boy and Mametchi was a girl. It doesn't matter what everyone else likes...if you love Tamas and are prepared to say so online, you are obviously not particularly modern and trendy - so who needs a modern and trendy logo? No non-Tama-loving people come here and start calling us old-fashioned. ;)

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:16 AM ( #137 )

Anyway - Admin already posted that they're working on a logo option for both preferences. Here's the post in case anyone missed it: http://www.tamatalk....ost__p__3155124

As TamaMum mentioned, I think we have a solution for introducing the new logo while also keeping those who prefer the original one happy as well. I am going to close this topic.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this poll! Your input is very important to me. I hope everyone will be happy. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tamatalk, logo