Things Bandai Could Do to Improve Tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kuromametchifan123

Reaction score
What do you think Bandai could do to improve Tamagotchi? Post your ideas here.

-Better advertising

The last time I saw a Tama-Go ad on TV was two years ago, I used to see them all the time, not anymore. If Bandai was better about advertising, Tamagotchi would be more popular, maybe like how it was when v3s and v4s came out.

-Releasing new Tamagotchis or Tamagotchi products more often

Bandai Japan releases new Tama Mori sets, stickers and Tamagotchis every week. Bandai America used to release a new Tamagotchi every year then maybe a refresh right before a new one was coming out. The last time I saw a Tama-Go was a year ago in a Kroger Marketplace, in one tiny section for $3. Maybe if Bandai released new Tamagotchis more often, Tamagotchi would be as popular as it is in Japan.

I think Bandai North America would go further if they kept things simpler. The Tama-Go is a good version, but it's not what we're used to. Bandai should release a new connection or something similar, hold the goofy looking antennae please. More shell colours too, less girly designs. More colours like black, white, grey, and green (the shell designs ALWAYS seem to be pink or blue for some reason). More built in games that can be unlocked the older your Tama's generation is. We don't necessarily need a colour Tama, but more characters would be nice. I would love love LOVE to see more cute, little animations! Seriously, there aren't enough random animations, those are my favourite part. I'd also like to see more items, and hopefully you'll be able to do a lot more with them.

Their tamagotchi's are fine, they should update their website more though with new items :-|

lulz I KNOW.I mean,I switch on the telly and I see the advertisement for it.It shows no gameplay and makes it look like

My Meebas.All it shows is the fact that you can put figures on and girls going "pop,pop,pop-a-gotchi!"

FAYUL.

hahah FAYUL is now my new favorite thing. I digress I think if they put out a color tama then Bandai would make money bottom line. Also they'd have to advertise.

But America is in a recession right now. Do you know how much the TMGC+C cost when it came out? I think it was more than 40$ or so, retail. Parents aren't going to want to spend that much on a Tamagotchi right now. I remember when V3s were like 15$ and everyone had one. That was like in 2006. I wish we could go back to something like that. If only Bandai would do a re-release or something -- to get the Tamagotchi spirit going again.

40 dollars may be alot to think about at first. Even now if someone wanted me to pay that for lets say a tama I'd cringe a little but if I really wanted it I'd find a way to get the molah. But a re release is a good option

They could improve...everything.

It costs less than $5 to create a TMGC+C, why sell it for over 7 times its production cost? BanDai could easily make a profit if they sold it for, say, $15.

The current view of Tamas in the public is: Kids - throw-away, cheap toy. Me and other TTers not included. Parents - addictive and un-educational time waster. If they produce a +C with a new logo, "cooler" designs and a cheaper price, some of the kids at my school might just think, "oh, one of them, I'll try this new one" and like it. There also needs to be more emphasis on the educational value of a Tamagotchi - maybe a hint that Tamagotchis need care like a real pet, or TamaTown helps teach computer skills? Advertisements also need to have more pizzazz. Accept it BanDai, little kids are not your target audience, you do far better with ages 8+. When the V4 was released, it was affordable and trendy - if only they could bring that back. They need a colour Tamagotchi in the UK and USA, it's not like BanDai Japan copyrighted colour Tamas!

They could improve...everything.

It costs less than $5 to create a TMGC+C, why sell it for over 7 times its production cost? BanDai could easily make a profit if they sold it for, say, $15.

The current view of Tamas in the public is: Kids - throw-away, cheap toy. Me and other TTers not included. Parents - addictive and un-educational time waster. If they produce a +C with a new logo, "cooler" designs and a cheaper price, some of the kids at my school might just think, "oh, one of them, I'll try this new one" and like it. There also needs to be more emphasis on the educational value of a Tamagotchi - maybe a hint that Tamagotchis need care like a real pet, or TamaTown helps teach computer skills? Advertisements also need to have more pizzazz. Accept it BanDai, little kids are not your target audience, you do far better with ages 8+. When the V4 was released, it was affordable and trendy - if only they could bring that back. They need a colour Tamagotchi in the UK and USA, it's not like BanDai Japan copyrighted colour Tamas!

Well, the parts may be more expensive than you think.

Yep, Bandai really should make some more Tamagotchis and get to the top of their game again... I used to see the Tama-Go commercial most of the times, but now not even on place I go to, not one Tamagotchi is there. Same when I went to Asia, no Tamagotchis. (no Japanese ones in Asia, Vietnam either... :< I was hoping to see the iD L in Asia somewhere, as Bandai Japan also ships it to sell at other Asian places..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back