Tama not starting

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Violetchilluvr3

Reaction score
Whenever I put a battery in my V4.5, it never starts. It was given to me by a friend, and the first time I tried to put a battery in it, it took like 4 tries.

Now when I try to put it in, it can literally take 15 before it starts, if at all.

Please help :/

maybe you need to clean the contacts? but you probably have tried that already :\ hmmm. there might not be much you can do for it. If you trust a person who is good with dealing with electronics (ie. my dad is an engineer) you can ask them to take it apart and see what might be wrong with it. of course then you'd still have to convince them to do it in the first place. ;] So sorry your V4.5 is messed up!

Woah! There's a problem.I think maybe there is something wrong with the battery contacts...Or your battery.Try gently cleaning the contacts with a Q-Tip.Also,change your battery brand? Sorry,I'm not too sure...Hope your tama gets better! :)

If it's not the tamagotchi itself, it could possibly be the battery.

Before I knew the right battery that tamagotchis use, sometimes I'd get the wrong ones that would look the same, but they'd be too loose in the tamagotchi and wouldn't work sometimes. :/

But you seem to know a lot about tamagotchis, so it's probably the tamagotchi and not the battery. xD

Ha, thanks. ;D

No, I've tried three different battery brands. (All ironically I had in my jewelry box. o_O)

I for some reason didn't try cleaning the contacts. What do I use? Rubbing alcohol?

Thanks for the fast replies! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm.Maybe just a plain q-tip,It could just be dusty.If not,wet it with a wet one.

My mom works with hearing aids that have problems (some of them battery-related), so I asked her. She bent one of the battery connectors and then cleaned with rubbing alcohol, and now it works! Thanks for all of your help. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back