Tamagotchi Corner Shop...5?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
WOAH...ANOTHER Tamagotchi DS game in Japan??? It's for 3DS and seems to have lots of shops from the previous games, as well as a few new ones, and it has many new characters AND it's in 3D! I managed to come across it while clicking on random links on the Japanese Tamagotchi Channel site. It seems as if it will be released on the 19th of April in 2012, and you can play as Lovelitchi and Meloditchi! There's a pic of it on the following link:

https://www.ds-tamagotch.com/

I once clicked on a button somewhere and it had something where you could look at preview pictures of some of the shops, but I forgot what you had to click on to do that...And I'm not sure if it is CALLED Tama Corner Shop 5, that's just what I called it since it's the fifth corner shop game!

Considering the last American release was Tamagotchi Corner Shop 3, why would you assume that this would be Corner Shop 5? It would make logical sense for it to be Corner Shop 4. :)

Anyway, this has already been pointed out on other Tamagotchi sites such as Tama Zone, here: https://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopic=25327

As binary said in another thread, with other past releases there has always been the rumor that it will be made into Corner Shop 4, but this one does seem to definitely be in the Corner Shop line. Whether it will make it to an American Corner Shop 4 release, remains unknown and unlikely.

It better be english. Although the anime's say tamagotchi's speak Japanese... they dont. I might have to buy it, if it comes out in english. I got the first corner shop, and i liked it. Yay for translator!

Last edited by a moderator:
(O_O)

Ahem...Corner Shop 4 was already released in Japan, so this is NUMBER 5, for heaven's sake. And I'm not sure if you can preorder it...it will probably NEVER be in English because it has Meloditchi, who has never been in an English Tamagotchi. You might be able to buy it from eBay when it's released...not sure...

If anyone is interested you can actually pre order it on CdJapan for $59 USD.

(O_O)

Ahem...Corner Shop 4 was already released in Japan, so this is NUMBER 5, for heaven's sake. And I'm not sure if you can preorder it...it will probably NEVER be in English because it has Meloditchi, who has never been in an English Tamagotchi. You might be able to buy it from eBay when it's released...not sure...
Tamagotchi Corner Shop 4 has not been released in Japan. Perhaps you're thinking of Tamagotchi Collection, which was not a Corner Shop Game. There's no need to get upset. :)

I see where you're confused. While I'll admit that it does look like a Corner Shop game, it is not. Take a look at the date on that blog entry; September 12, 2008. The only Tamagotchi DS game that was released in Japan in 2008 was this one, on November 27, 2008. My guess is that the blog was posting preview images for the game before its release.

Now, this game is called "Tamagotchi no Narikiri Channel" "Tamagotchi no Kira Kira Omisetchi". The 3D game that you described in your other post is indeed the fourth in the Corner Shop line, however. Take a look at this page, here. Notice the pink section with the 6 DS games? The one in the top right corner is the game you are describing. The one in the top left is the new 3D game, and the three along the bottom are the three other Corner Shop Games. Notice how all of the Corner Shop games have the same yellow writing in the logo? That's Japanese for "Tamagocchi no Puchi Puchi Omisecchi", or "Tamagotchi Connection Corner Shop". The game you've said is Corner Shop 4 does not have this same logo. :)

Both of you are sadly wrong ^^; this is the 6th Corner Shop game ^^

Edit: mmm, after looking into it. This is the 5th corner shop. ^^: there were four on the DS, not five

I believe I've found the answer to the problem we seem to be having identifying the correct name for the game.

First of all, I'll admit that was mistaken in saying that the name of the game you linked too was Tamagotchi no Narikiri Channel. It is not. The correct name of that particular game is "Tamagotchi no Kira Kira Omisetchi"; roughly translating to "Tamagotchi Shiny Shop", as unlike Corner Shop, it is set in a more expensive area, and has more expensive shops, such as Celebria, Jewelery and Perfume shops. The game released after that one is titled "Tamagotchi no Pichi Pichi Omisecchi"; roughly translating to "Tamagotchi Island Shop", as unlike Corner Shop, it is set in a beach-side island.

So although there are technically 6 games in the series, the 3D release will be the 4th in the Corner Shop line. Its official title is "Cho~ritchi! Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisecchi"; roughly translating to "Very Rich! Tamagotchi Corner Shop". Hopefully this will settle any confusion. :)

Also, before you import, remember the 3DS is region locked, so you'll need a Japanese 3DS too.

I never played the other Corner Shop games, but I may get this one. Because it's on 3DS. (Great reason...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back