Tama-Go worth it?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I love Tamas and enjoy collecting them and even went to some of my friends to get some of their old tamas to add to my collection. I really would like to buy the Tama-Go, but what i heard about it is not promising. I mean, having to buy seperate figures to unlock like 2 games and a shop, not being able to name your own virtual pet, pets being less needy? Versions 1-5 were my favorites. v6 was pretty enjoyable but not the best. Now, since us tama fans are still awaiting a color Tamagotchi, i was wondering if i should buy a Tama-Go to help past the time, or maybe just for a new experience with Tamas, because i truly do enjoy playing with them (Not in public of course haha). Tell me what you think.

I think the Tama-go is worth it. It has to built in games, Long Jumper and Shoot the bug that are pretty fun. Plus the figures are only 3-7 dollars and they unlock some pretty fun games! :)

Don't bother waiting for the color Tamas, Bandai has said numerous times that we're not getting one... :p

The figures over here in ToysRus are $12 + tax = $15 or $17. -_,-
@Oranda as some of you know, I picked mine up for less than $5 (tama go and two figures)

I just got mine, and I'm enjoying it (as I haven't had a new north American version for a while) and I think you should get one, even if it's for collection purposes.

You seem like a pretty experienced tama owner. Anyone who's ever owned an English tama can easily master the Japanese ones. I'd suggest just getting a Japanese color tama. (Especially the iD L) You can find some on eBay by clicking HERE, if you like. Since it can be a bit pricy, I can see why you would rather wait for an English one. But maybe getting a Tama-Go while you wait isn't the best idea. The figures and faceplates are a fortune, it's a bit too needy, and it's HUGE. :p If I've swayed your view and you're considering getting another tama, here's a few suggestions:

Tamago-Chu: It's a set of 2 tamagotchis that you can't take care of, but have very cute animations.

Music Fever: It's a cross between an MP3 player and a tama!

Tamagotchi Mini: An American tama that is two thirds the size of a regular tama.

If you don't like any of my suggestions, then you can still click HERE to browse lots of different tamas on Amazon until you find one you like.

I enjoy taking my Tamas out and about :) And I'm 24, haha. One should never be ashamed of anything they enjoy!

I think the Tama-go is okay. I love that Chamametchi is an adult character so you can have her for longer. I have to disagree on all of the negative comments about it because I adore mine, so much I bought three and kept one in the package for collecting. I found two recently very affordable, 6.99 at a Big5 and 3.99 at ROSS! The figures were supre cheap at 2 something each at our Toysrus on Clearance.

It is annoying to have to put the figures on to get items, but there are plenty of new cute animations that are worth seeing even without the figurines. I'd jsut suggest grabbing a couple of the characters you like if they're on sale. But you dont need to get them all. lol.

The wait for the color is never ending, so I'd go with this Tama :D

I haven't played with my tama-go recently but when i first got it a while ago i absolutely LOVED IT! I don't know why it got such a bad review by some. It's simple but very enjoyable and has some nice characters. It's definitely worth getting.

I'd recommend a Color/ID tama. Tamagos are huge, to play more games you have to insert figurines(which you have to buy). Sure, the ID/color is pricy, but if you save up, like I did, you can buy it in no time. Tamagos are pretty good, it's just that I find it hard to operate (the buttons are kinda hard to press, and like I said, the tamago is huge)

I think you should buy one i Liked it, but it was way too bulky all though I did manage to casrry all 6 colors around with me for a Few months and i have every Figure that are still in Their package and some doubles of and even triples of some.

You should Buy one and I think they aren't goin' to do a tama this year so you should get it.

Considering we haven't had any Tama news since 2010, I would say don't hold your breath.... -_-

Yeah,Just mind that you keep the cover on,lost 2 Tama-gos because the pixels blacked out :p

Tama-Gos are very rewarding. They are not much hassle and a perfect first Tamagotchi, despite lack of features. I love it, but its bulky size hurts my hands.

I agree with everyone else, the Tama-Go is actually a pretty awesome version, definitely don't wait to go out and get it. Pick up a few figurines too, they aren't exactly necessary, but it's fun to have two or three handy for some extra games or features. As mentioned, it's a really easy version to take care of, and the characters and animations are insanely cute. XD

Not going to lie, I still prefer to bring my V3 out with me when I go places.

Well, I would get one only at a good deal. They are a nice version, but they aren't worth that much. Try to aim for 5-10$ new. I got mine new in box for 10 dollars, with 2 free figures :D . Look around ebay, not amazon. But overall yes, I would get it, cute characters, some good features. Hope that I helped.

I think it's worth buying the tamago as i have three wave 2's and i play with them HEAPS. They are so much fun and even though sometimes the figures can be pricey it's fun to collect them!!

The games are fun, and they have some cool new features like the park and the Date Place. Plus there are really cute characters and it's sometimes a challenge getting the perfect care characters!

The tamago isn't too higg mait, which means you can run them while at school/work. Except it's kinda hard to sneak them in because of their size. They are unusually larger than normal tamagotchi like the v3 or v4.5.

So yes i think the tamago is very worth it!!

Sakura <3

i just got myself a tama go..at first i thought it was way too big, but i quite like it after using it for a while. the noises sound a bit dodgey, but i dunno if that's just because i dropped it before i even had the chance to put batteries in (very angry), or if it's just like that anyway. hehe

Save yourself the frustration. Don't buy a tama-go. I happen to have one, and although some of the backgrounds are fun, you should invest your money elsewhere. Really. I bought myself an iD-L last october and I love it. They are a bit pricey though. But in my opinion it was worth it. Plus, I don't know a word of Japanese and I could still figure it out. Tama-Zone has a pretty good guide for them if you can find it. But definitely, do not get a tama-go. The people who enjoy them obviously haven't ever played with a color tamagotchi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back